Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Ruaha National Park
More Info
All reviews national park animal sightings walking safari game drives lesser kudu wild dogs safari experience experienced guide hour drive big game off the beaten track three days loved every minute an amazing experience horizon impala tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Wide range of animals available to see! Having seen lions, giraffes, warthogs and many more. There are many great photo opportunities and stunning views to be seen.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank R.J M
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

My first Safari. I found it amazing. Park is well organised. Saw many animals. Guide knowledgeable and friendly. Lodges and food overpriced (but that's like being on an airport), you have no choice. Food was not bad, but certainly not worth the price.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank GEPMK
Reviewed July 11, 2016

A beautiful park but largely devoid of wildlife. Worth a trip as long as you are not expecting anything remotely like a Serengeti experience. The day we went, we saw few other visitors (upside) and none of them (or us) had seen anything beyond a few elephants, giraffes and zebras. A friend of mine suggested that is has (or had) a significant poaching problem.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank keirp2015
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I have just recently returned from a Northern Circuit (Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngogongoro) and it was lovely, however I find the Serengeti overrated. I went to Ruaha several years ago, and I felt it was the best safari trip in Tanzania. I know parks are different during the seasons, however Ruaha in February was amazing. We saw everything except leopards and cheetahs, so if you are looking for a cat experience, go to the Serengeti. Ruaha has a good diversity of animals, it is serene and simply beautiful. And the best part about it is, you will feel like you are the only ones there. I just recently experienced a crazy event in the Serengeti where over 50 vehicles (I counted) were crowded around a lone leopard walking down a road. It was like animal paparazzi. If you are debating...go to Ruaha; you won't regret it!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic national park safari, kept so well and looked after you can really see the passion the keepers have for there wildlife and surroundings. Saw every animal you could imagine and got so close to a few with the expertise of our guides. Best day of my life and I will never forget it!

Date of experience: December 2015