“Excellent stay”
Review of Tilal Liwa Hotel

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Madinat Zayed
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Recently stayed at Tilal Liwa with my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary. Couldnt fault anything. Cleanliness, food, service, everything was perfect. Would definately return and recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful retreat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulahopkins1
Tilalliwahotel, General Manager at Tilal Liwa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel and for the positive feedback.

We're delighted to read that you and your parents have enjoyed your stay with us and that your parents had a great Anniversary! Also we're happy to readd that you've enjoyed the hotel services, facilities, activities and our wide selection of Food & Beverages. Also would like to thank you very much for your kind note regarding the friendliness of our employees. I shall extend your regards to all colleagues.

Tilal Liwa Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I really do not know where to start.....Tilal Liwa Hotel blew me away on so many levels! All from the well organized and extremely professional and caring staff to the tranquility and breathtaking views. For me and my boyfriend Tilal Liwa Hotel has become our little paradise where we will return many many times. We also made the trip to the Moreeb Dunes in the desert for a 2 hour hike that was just incredible. Quiet and gorgeous rejuvenating the soul completely!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool area both times we were there and that was great. I can only imag...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna W

Dear Valued Guest,

We're delighted to read that you've had a great stay with us and that you've enjoyed the hotel services, facilities, activities and our wide selection of Food & Beverages. Also would like to thank you very much for your kind note regarding the friendliness of our employees. I shall extend your regards to all colleagues.

Happy to hear that you and your boyfriend have enjoyed the Mureeb dune tour.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went on a Groupon voucher, it was well worth the money even though we where there for the recent storms. On arrival our room was ready, included was a few extras. The romantic package menu was very good, so good we ate and went straight to bed as we had no room for anything else. The staff where very polite. A nice surprise was the prices @ the pool bar and bar, normally very expensive but very reasonable. Rooms where clean and spacious and the bed decoration was very pretty. We had breakfast in our rooms which was really good and tasty. We arrived just after 2 on a Friday and the night before must have been a mass stay of the romantic groupon package guests, as the only let down was outside every room was used bottles of champagne, half eaten cakes as we where showed to our room, what was a shame as they say first impressions count and that was our sight on arrival. Its a shame but other than that it was fantastic and I would and have recommended the hotel to my friends and awaiting the next groupon package.

1  Thank Mark G

Dear Valued Guest,

Apologize for the empty bottles outside the rooms upon arrivals. those bottles are collected and moved at once before the check out rooms are given back for rent.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms were nice, so were staff at reception, chef's show was amazing. Also good fun to sand board.
Camel guy was grumpy to us, did only talk to us in short commands, treating the camel disrepectfully-far too short lead and just pulling...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny B

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize if you have experienced the camel in charge unfriendly. I shall communicate with his Employer, as the camels are outsourced through a nearby camel owner and he always sends the camels with one of his employees. I shall communicate accordingly with the farm owner.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I enjoyed my romantic weekend away with my husband in Tilal Liwa. It was relaxing, the staff helpful and friendly. I was especially impressed with the chef at dinner who took my husband on a personal tour of the buffet as he had a gluten intolerance and had to be extra careful. He went the extra mile of personally cooking a plateful of different meats specially for him.
We will definitely come back to Tilal Liwa and will definitely get on the dune buggy and enjoy the sunset in the desert.
Thank you for making it so special.

1  Thank S00kYen

Dear Valued Guest,

We're delighted to read that you've had a great stay with us and that you've enjoyed the hotel services, facilities, activities and our wide selection of Food & Beverages. Also would like to thank you very much for your kind note regarding the friendliness of our chef. I shall extend your regards to him.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I having friends and family coming to visit. We put them in the Tilal Liwa Hotel. This place I like very much and so do my guest. The hotel is beautiful and friendly the staff are. Very nice hotel located in the desert.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mohammed A

Dear Valued Guest,

We're delighted to read that you and your guests have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel services, facilities, activities and our wide selection of Food & Beverages. Also would like to thank you very much for your kind note regarding the friendliness of our employees. I shall extend your regards to all colleagues.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tilal Liwa a month ago and really enjoyed our stay. I booked the room using a Groupon and stayed one night. Upon arrival, we received a free room upgrade. We were placed in a room very close to the pool on the ground floor, so you could walk right out to the pool. The service was excellent around the pool, restaurant and the room service. The staff is well trained and highly professional. The pool has a beautiful view of the desert. You can pay extra and go for a camel ride or dune bashing. I think it is a great place to go if you want to see the desert, but don't want to go camping.
The food that the restaurant (the one near the entrance) was delicious. I had the Hammour and my husband had a pepper steak. Both meals were cooked to perfection. We had room service for breakfast and it was also prepared very well.
The room and decor was Arabesque and tasteful. I would definitely book again and recommend it to others. Overall, a very relaxing experience in a unique setting.
*If you live in the UAE, you are probably used to high quality hotels and the Tilal Liwa won't disappoint.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms by the pool are nice, because you can have the beach lounge chairs right outs...
2  Thank Mary L

Tilal Liwa Hotel

Been to Tilal Liwa Hotel? Share your experiences!