“3 Days in Bataan, perfect, quiet and spacious!”
Review of Crown Royale Hotel

Crown Royale Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Balanga City
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“3 Days in Bataan, perfect, quiet and spacious!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Got a queen Suite room, was huge with full size desk, couch and chairs. The chairs were older but comfortable and couch was well used. Bed was a king and the best sleep I had in the Philippines in the 45 days I've spent there this year.
Food was good, service was prompt. They missed a sushi order on the first night but I was exhausted so just had some juice and went to bed and the staff apologized the next two days.

This is a non-smoking hotel and city, you have to smoke on the side of the hotel and I didn't mind at all.

All in all this was a great hotel and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: We had a twin and a suite, both were fine- bigger than they had to be and the suite was huge with a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SusanandAaronT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Location: Very Good, far from the very busy tricycle congested city centre.
Service: Good (I recieved avery stragnge welcome form the reception when I said I booked the room via Agoda). The other lady who processed the room distribution was rather nice and welcoming.
Room: Good and clean (room service was very good).

Room Tip: Try to get the room in the first floor away from the KTV function halls.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jguzon
Kuwait
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My review is a bit late as we stayed here a year ago so i have no idea whether my review will still be usefull.We stayed here September 20 ,2011 for 3 days.The hotel was clean ans spacious and this is the best choice you will have if you have as this is the closest to balanga town proper.The staff are accomodating and the room given to us is on the backside so we are away from the street noise so we have a good quality sleep.The free breakfast was great in their little resto just enough to make you feel full.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Star O
USA
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had a huge suite at this hotel, it was a shame I could not enjoy it due to the terrible condition of the furnishings. The bed was hard and the sofa and chairs were well past their prime. The desk chair cushion collapses when you sit at the desk, so even for a 6 foot person like myself, the desk comes up to armpit level! This made for a very painful space to attempt to get any work accomplished. Between the chair and the mattress, my back is still suffering.

Beware if you want the check in early!!!! My room was ready when I arrived at 11:00 AM, however Check In time is 2:00 PM. You will be charged a special fee of 200 PHP per hour you want to check in early, even when the hotel is mostly empty and your room is available. What a rip-off!

Like most places in Balanga, the Hotel is Smoke Free. If you wish to smoke, you must exit the hotel and walk 20 meters to a designated outdoor smoking area.

There are a lot of other hotels around and I will be looking for another choice for my next trip to this City

BTW, there is a great Sports Grill across the street called Giants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Addicted2Asia

Travelers are raving about these Balanga City hotels

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I chose this hotel due to the wonderful ratings, and good reviews on trip advisor. What a crock full of rotten tomatoes! The room I got looked depressing and nasty. There were cobwebs in all corners of the room, and it smelled stale. I asked to be moved to another room but they said they were full (really?) because of some occasion I didn't really care to hear about. I can't believe all these high ratings. The lobby was not that great either. There was a big AC unit but it wasn't turned on. It was hot with flies everywhere. Totally disgusted. Stayed 1 night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank familystone
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We held a family event in one of their Silver function rooms, which was sufficient and served its purpose well. It has two divisions, ask for the one with the nice garden accent located on the left side. The hotel lobby is lovely, as well as the restaurant. I haven't had the chance yet to stay in their rooms. They have the most expensive rates in the city, but I guess they also have the nicest as there's not much option in Balanga City. Not ideal for backpackers, unless you have the penny, but I'd say it's worth it for special occasions like anniversaries. For special functions, their rates are really bang for your buck as you only have to pay for the food/cater service and they give you three hours complimentary use of the function room. They have excellent staff as well, who responded to our emails on time, and even gave us free drinks when we went to settle down everything. Why gave it 4* though? Because I was disappointed with the food! I would even lower it down to 3* and a half. It was so not-made-by-a-chef. Veggies were overcooked, and I dunno if they ran out of spices to liven up the food because it was just plain. Other than that, the hotel has topnotch amenites in the city.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank manilachic89
Isle of Wight
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This is the most convenient business class hotel for the centre of Balanga and the capitol building. The area is safe.
The hotel is well maintained and the service is competent. I stayed in a deluxe room at a cost that I thought was high for that region. However, I have no complaints, but if I was making an extended stay I would stay at another place.
Recommend this for visitors new to the region and wishing to visit the battle sites on Bataan.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
#3 of 18 in Olongapo
Cherry Midtown Hotel
Cherry Midtown Hotel
#8 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Crown Royale Hotel? Share your experiences!