“Outstanding stay and a memorable dinner”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Restaurant Belvedere
Ranked #1 of 3 Schoonhoven B&B and Inns
Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
“Outstanding stay and a memorable dinner”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location in Schoonhoven. The room size was good for a triple and the bathroom more than adequate. The views were stunning. But best of all was dinner, where the service was one of the best we experienced in Holland. The staff showed a genuine intrest in us and were very helpful with their recommendations. Food was very good. It was a little pricey (dinner cost more than the room) but worth every cent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
boston
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Classic place on the River Lek. We loved it. Two couples on Tulip Cycling adventure with no preconception on what we would find arrived in the early evening and were welcomed to river-view rooms and an exceptional dinner. Bicycles were stored in the ground floor bowling room which itself was atmospheric.

Restaurant service was super: one member of our party enjoyed eel appetizer, meat was well prepared, and all staff members were friendly throughout our stay.

Ask about the hotel's history. The old sycamore trees overlooking the river, passing barges and excursion boats all added to atmosphere.

Room Tip: River view, of course. Perhaps 6 and 7.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank naraks
bali
Reviewed April 22, 2013

thanks very much we enjoy staying at your hotel.
room are clean,staff is very professional and the food is great.
for sure we come back.
thank you very much for a pleasant stay.

regards

gerco scheeper

bali indonesia

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are pleased to stayed at this hotel. rooms are nice and the restaurant is also very good. breakfast also great and staff also very helpful. . stayed for 2 weeks in Holland with KOUD is enough. well see maybe 1day we come back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bali_kupang
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Loved our stay in this hotel overlooking the river. Restaurant was fantastic really loved our stay and would return. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doreen P
Winterthur, Switzerland
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Avoid this hotel like the plague. If at all possible go to a small B&B or to another village rather than staying here. This hotel was booked as part of a cycling tour. When I arrived, the woman at the check in handed me my key and, while pointing upwards, told me my room was upstairs. No help at all. Throughout my stay I was treated as if I was a bother to the staff. When I tried to have a bite of dessert in the restaurant, I was told I could have some apple pie and was subsequently handed a piece and escorted toward the exit. I was not allowed to sit on the terrace and enjoy my dessert with the view. The staff was cold and indifferent. The only Internet connection was through a purchase-able T-Mobile Hot Spot. However, no opportunity or place existed to purchase a card to enable access. The room was clean and adequate. When I first asked to put my bike away into the secure facilities (a service promised to cyclists), I was told no. I could ask again sometime later. The hotel and the restaurant were not full and they were not busy. For whatever reason, the staff was simply rude and rather mean. I was shocked and am still shocked at how I was treated. I speak both German and English -- language wasn't a problem. Avoid this hotel. Select a different route or ending point for your trip. This isn't a friendly place. Even though I had pre-paid through the cycle touring company, I was asked several times about the hotel being paid and the billing procedure. I only learned the details of the included breakfast times through a notebook left in the room. The hotel staff told me nothing and were not at all willing to help. Find another option and solution. When the experience was discussed with the cycling tour operator, he contacted the hotel's owner. It has now been nearly a week since I stayed there and I have heard nothing from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be a better solution.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennifer J
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here as part of Tulip Cycling tour and enjoyed my stay, with a comfortable bed, delicious
dinner at the restaurant and a view of the river. The room was small but adequate. The female staff were kind, polite and considerate and looked after me very well as I was traveling alone. The manager was " a bit busy" as he checked me in with a glass of red wine in hand. The hotel is historic and has plenty of character, particularly in the common areas.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Restaurant Belvedere? Share your experiences!