“Impressive castle”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Impressive castle”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Interesting tour with a guide. Demonstration with hawks included. Also nice for children.

Visited May 2012

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit. Very quaint”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

You can get here by getting a metro to either Amstel or Bijlmer and then either the 322, 327 or 328 bus. The town is very pretty and the castle is great to walk around. Lots of little restaurants in the town as well for a spot of lunch afterwards. Lots of awkward stairs though, not for the frail

Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Charming, a must see”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I forget how I found this castle location, maybe through google. But Im so glad I did, I dont think its well known compared to whats in the downtown of Amsterdam but find a way to get here asap! The village that surrounds the castle is adorable, very picturesque. We had a hot chocolate on that cold December day at one of the near by cafes/bars and it was great. Then we set out to take pictures of the village and the castle. I remember thinking how charming it all was. On the canal near the castle there were men rowing a canoe, not sure if this is an everyday thing but it provided neat pictures.

Visited December 2011
Hirado, Japan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My second dutch castle”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

On our last day in the Netherlands we went to the Muiderslot. A totally different building than Huis Bergh, but this castle maybe even looks more like a vary tale castle!.

This is nice with the big towers and entrance, the children could go in a lot of things, a lot of things to play with and touch and then there is the garden with the birds show.

Another must if in The Netherlands!.

Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Day trip to Muiderslot Castle”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Even though the continued forecast was for rain, my daughter, her two girls and I set out from Amsterdam to see the castle a short train ride and a bus ride away. The RT train tickets from central station to Weesp were E6,50 ea. We were to then take the bus from Weesp to Muiden. There was a bus stop just outside the train station at Weesp, but we were about to realize that the Monday after Easter is a holiday so the bus ran on holiday schedule. We also learned that the Muiderslot Castle was on their holiday schedule, and would not open until noon. We stopped for lunch at a local pub in Muiden, Cafe Ome Ko Muiden. I was surprised when I ordered a local fish sandwich, to receive a delicious smoked eel sandwich. As we walked and pushed the stroller to the castle, we realized that there were having a maritime festival with music and boats to tour. The castle was a very well done restoration. We entered using the Museum Card and were given maps of the castle as well as a very complete booklet about the castle, it's history and descriptions of the different routs to tour the castle. My five year old granddaughter was very engrossed in the displays and castle games as well as the costumes she could try on. Since it was early April, the gardens were not lush yet, but well cared for. The rains were heavier as we walked back to the bus, but we had all enjoyed our day.

Visited April 2012