“Only Good One in Si Racha”

Pattana Golf and Sports Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Si Racha
Bangkok
“Only Good One in Si Racha”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Was there for a stay during a business trip. Well, this is the best there is to offer in this part of Thailand if one were to need a place to stay close to customers in the nearby patches of industrial estates. Rooms are pretty decent, clean and spacious, for the price we paid. The breakfast was mediocre and basic, but the breathtaking views of the golf course fringed by mountains peaking into the low clouds at far is a good complement to our meals. There is nothing much in the surrounding and the need to buy something such as cigarettes would mean a drive to the nearest gas station where Seven Eleven is located. In the night, the large snooker table helps to pass time. That was when one alcohol breath ridden Japanese came over and became our instructor which we found quite entertaining. We did not understood a word he muttered and neither did he understood our gossiping wide open in front of him. A large pool forms the main heart of the hotel and the large pastures of green we saw crawling buggies and the Japanese occupation with their shiny golf clubs. Most impressionable during our stay was the dinner we had. We ordered baked fish meat and it was first rate western cuisines I had that night. I could tell it's not the average cook they have in house. A brief resort, a brief stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Thai first
Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Business trip in Mid March 2012. Nice location, beautiful golf course. Lobby gave me the impression it was going to be really nice. Too bad I could not sleep in the lobby. The clearks barely speak English, so be patient. I was led down a dank outside corrider to my room, which was nothing special. I was taken back by how run down the palce was, and how it must have been really nice when it was new. Bugs and lizards frequented my space as the gap under the door could have been used for limbo dancing. Bath tub is really elevated, so getting in can be a leap of faith for some. Plus the giant window in the shower overlooking the bed, always made a mess on the curtains and floor when showering because of the ledges being sloped incorrectly. Based on the water stain on the door, there must have been a few mishaps. Internet was very spotty, so the work I planned to do in my room was done in the lobby. Not what I prefer to say the least. Breakfast was included, and although hot and tastey, it was very limited in choices, and nothing for my sweet tooth. I had dinner each night in the resturant (the only one around) and the menu is extensive, and priced well for a captive house. My problem with the resturant is the wait staff was either standing next to you while you ate, or impossible to find, and nothing in between. Once I had to physically get up and look, only to find my waitress flirting with Japanese golfers, and she actually seemed annoyed I hunted her down. The pool was lovely, but grossly green. I wanted to use the hot tub in the Spa but was told I needed to wait 45 minutes because they were out of hot water. After three days of spotty service, bad communications and extra creatures in my room, I checked out and went to a location nicer, but further from my business needs. I did notice that the building I was in was mostly business people who had a good corporate rate from the nearby Industrial estates, while the resort crowd and golfers got "newer" digs.

Room Tip: Stay out of Building 3, its the worst, and has no elevator.