“Highland Hospitality!”
Review of Ramsay Arms Hotel

Ramsay Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Fettercairn B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Ramsay Arms for three nights whilst visiting friends in the local area. The staff were welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and their professional attitude shone through. We ate at the hotel each evening, the food was excellent, a varied choice and meals were freshly cooked to order. Breakfasts were a delight, a varied menu, freshly cooked and served by helpful staff. Well done the Ramsay Arms; we will return again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kent34
There are newer reviews for Ramsay Arms Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over night, whilst I can't comment on the price of the rooms as this was booked through the company I worked for so I don't know. What I do know is that the hotel was situated in a nice location and was close to where I was working.

On check in the staff dealt with us efficiently and were welcoming. The rooms are spacious clean and comfortable, the beds were really comfy and I had a great nights sleep. We ate in the restaurant and again the staff were friendly and welcoming. I chose the burger and OMG it was amazing my wife had food envy!! Breakfast the next morning was very nice and the staff were very accommodating as we had to leave earlier than breakfast was available but they still arranged for us to be able to have breakfast before we left so all in all a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank bagpuss24
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While out on a drive one Saturday with my fiancé and parents, we decided to stop in to the Ramsay Arms for some lunch.

We all chose to have the cheeseburger as it was stuffed with the cheese if your choice. Myself and my Mum chose smoked applewood, my fiancé had Camembert and my Dad had blue cheese. We had to wait a while for the food to come out as it was cooked to order, but it was well worth the wait! The burger was one of the best I've ever had, it literally fell apart and the fact that it did not just have the usual cheddar cheese or processed cheese slice made the flavour excellent. It was served with a salad, homemade chips and what I think was a beetroot coleslaw which was delicious.

The only downside was that the chips were slightly undercooked but this was easily forgiven as it was clear that they were fresh and homemade.

The service was friendly and welcoming and I would definitely return if I was in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have just returned from a six day break, with two friends, at the Ramsay Arms Hotel in Fettercairn, Kincardineshire, Scotland.

We have stayed here many times before but prior to this year's visit I read some disturbing reviews about the hotel on Trip Advisor. I need not to have been concerned as from the time we arrived to the time we left everything was as you would expect.

Our rooms were ready, clean and inviting after a long drive from London (complete with complimentary soap, shampoo, etc.) as was the excellent menu offered in the hotel bar. We sampled many of the large choice of dishes (mostly prepared from locally sourced produce) during the week and all were freshly cooked and of good quality.

Breakfast each morning was a delight, taken in the restaurant, consisting of almost anything you wanted (real porridge, fresh fruit, proper coffee, cereals and a wide selection of cooked dishes - one of my friends who is a black pudding fanatic said it was the best he had ever tasted. The management has even included a "comments" card, together with a pen, inside the breakfast menu!

We met many interesting guests during our stay, both business and holiday people, who were staying the the Ramsay Arms after it being recommended to them and all commented on how friendly and helpful they found the staff.

I understand that earlier this year they were some changes to the staff but this has now been resolved and from our week in the hotel you can book with confidence knowing that you will enjoy your visit..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ebbajohn
Reviewed September 8, 2013

from the outside, this looked like a very old hotel and restaurant but inside....it had been modernised to within an inch of it's life! The only part of the décor that impressed me was the tartan carpet! This place boasts an association with Queen Victoria.......doubt she would recognise the interior should she come back to haunt the place. The daughter did not eat her haddock as it tasted of grease but her soup was very good and hot. Please be advised that if sitting near the door at the bar it is extremely draughty when anyone enters

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have dined here previously and have usually had good food but on this occasion my meal was less than perfect. The chunky chips being undercooked and the onion rings greasy. The steak was very thin and subsequently overcooked. I hope this was just an aberration .

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Having eaten here on previous trips to Scotland, we were looking forward to a meal with friends. However my meal did not live up to expectations. The haggis ball starter was nice, but the fish and chips disappointing. The batter was undercooked, and greasy, the chips hard and dry, and the peas also hard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HLsss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fettercairn
Glenesk Hotel
#2 of 2 in St Cyrus
House of Mark
House of Mark
#1 of 1 in Glenesk

Been to Ramsay Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!