“Great chef. Great place.”
Review of The Raglan Arms

The Raglan Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llandenny
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A gastropub serving exception food in a relaxed pub restaurant atmosphere with emphasis on fresh seafood and grill.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My partner & I have dined at the Raglan Arms several times and have never been disappointed. Giles, the owner, is incredibly welcoming and hospitable; but, most importantly, he is also an immensely talented and creative chef, producing food of the highest quality.

The menu is constantly changing, and because of this - even though I am a vegetarian - I have never had the same dish twice. I can assure you that most restaurants and pubs hardly ever change their vegetarian offerings.

My partner is a dedicated meat & fish eater; and he, too, always finds new dishes to tempt him, amongst what is a consistently diverse & excellent selection.

Atmosphere, service, wines etc., all great too!

The Raglan Arms is definitely one of my favourite places to eat Monmouthshire. Go try it for yourselves. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Michele P

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Have eaten here a couple of times. The food is usually quite good and strays away from your typical pub menu. The setting is very nice. They allow dogs into the pub area which is also helpful. The cook will alter meals if requested, usually a necessity if you are vegetarian. I would rate this very good but the service was a little bit lacking (forgot our drink order after 5 mins - it was only three drinks) and giving bread without plates (though the bread was really good). Otherwise its worth a drive out to the lively surroundings of Usk.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Where to start?? I was recommended this place by a customer so thought my partner and I would try Sunday lunch. Was hidden away in a gorgeous little setting, nice and quiet surroundings and small village. On arrival the staff were extremely welcoming and asked us what drinks we would like. They then showed us to our table which, considering it was for two, was very big. However this is meant in a good way as there is usually no room for all the plates, glasses and sides etc. Whilst browsing through the menu a member of staff bought over some snacks, pitta bread, hummus and nuts, very delightful. This was then followed by bread and butter, bread baked themselves daily, delicious. We ordered a starter and main each and were sent an appetiser to the table, a small piece of bread with chicken liver parfait, also lovely. The starters arrived promptly and were absolutely gorgeous! I had gnocchi, lardons and black pudding, my partner had duck spring rolls. Both were beautiful!! Then it was time for the mains, my partner had the roast beef dinner and the beef was absolutely perfectly cooked, the Yorkshire huge and veg lovely. He had no complaints! I had fish cakes and chips, the chips may I add being the best I have ever had! We made room for dessert and my partner had Eton mess whilst I had a chocolate brownie with ice cream. He said it was the best Eton mess he's ever had!! Everything was absolutely melt in the mouth beautiful. For three courses it's £24 which I think is about average but this food was anything but average! We will definitely be returning! Compliments to the chef and to all the delightful staff. Keep up the fantastic work and you will see again shortly.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We sat outside on a beautiful sunny day and enjoyed a delicious mid week lunch. Service was great and food served quickly. Dishes were fresh and tasty. I opted for hake and my husband ate monkfish & squid, both were some of the best we'd tasted.
A firm favourite and would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Janclem2013
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We walked from over the hills to The Raglan Arms one sunny evening by which point we were ready for a quality pub meal. That's exactly what we got! They allowed my dog to sit with us - a real country pub. The meal was beautiful, perfect portion size and a lovely combination of flavours that really worked well. Good attention to detail all round. Will definitely be bring friends and family to this lovely pub!