Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $100.27
from $103.72
from $103.03
2,686 results
All reviews night tour guided tour current owners jose paronella entry fee fish food feed the fish amazing history per adult atherton tablelands free camping lake barrine suspension bridge spanish castle well worth the visit josephine falls bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I saw Paronella Park on Better Homes and Gardens a few years ago and was intrigued so this (along with the Mamu Treetop Walk) was the perfect break for our drive from Atherton Tablelands to Mission Beach.

In answer to those complaining about the cost - yes, its expensive - though to be honest its hard to do anything in FNQ without emptying your wallet. BUT bearing in mind the costs involved in keeping the park open (staff and $1.5m a year in upkeep) they have done everything they can to provide value for money. Both a day tour and evening tour (currently with string quartet) included, tour of the hydroelectric plant, overnight camping facilities and free return valid for 2 years. They even provide free wifi, ice cold drinking water and suncream and mozzie spray for the visitors.

We had the most amazing tour guide - Amanda - who was truly inspiring. She was so passionate about the history of the park at times she was quite emotional. She really brought the story to life. Yes, there are some "works" being carried out but that is to be expected. I was expecting the buildings, I was surprised by just how beautiful the grounds were - meandering forest intermingled with kauri trees and bamboo, and the cutest miniature waterfall. There were even fish and turtles to feed!

We enjoyed lunch there before continuing on our journey and were even met on our exit by a lovely couple (who I believe may have been the owners) who gave us little bags of stone from one of the fallen down walls as a memento - a nice personal touch.

So - yes - if you are just hoping to stop by for half an hour, have a quick look and leave you will certainly find it expensive. But we ended spending a good 3 hours there and think it was totally worth it (even without being able to stay for the after dark tour).

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the dream of a Spaniard - Jose Paronella - to build a Spanish Castle and Gardens set within atropicl rainforest in far North Queensland, Australia and first opened to visitors and pleasure seekers in 1935. He first came to australia in 1913 worked hard in canefields to saved money to buy and sell farms. He needed money to build this dream - A visionary,pioneer, farmer, architect, designed, architect, landscaper, handsome and gregarious. I visited this Park recently (a day tour from Cairns). I was in awe - A guided tour first then time to wander through this incredible dream - Of course, sprinkling of rain came upon us - We were give umbrellas on entering but it was refreshing! This man's story of obstacles hindering his dream until it became a reality & fulfilm ent for Jose will astound you. He was an overcomer. The Park has been kept alive for Jose by owners for many years who took over after it had been left neglected. It is a wonderful visit. Go and learn the whole story and be enthralled by what you hear and see.You, like me, will want to go back to Jose's dream again! (A book on this vision can be purchased with postcards and a hearty delicious lunch served by hospitable friendly staff)Go and see for yourself - You will not be disappointed!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This park ia ridiculous. We had to pay 97 dollara for two persons. Which i really did not expect.
I thought that price was if you wanted a guided tour... You have to pay for the guided tours even if you are not interested in joining them. Almost all buildings are closed for renovations. It is really small and not that special.
And definitely not for this insane price. 47 dollars per person and you outside again in an hour. A real ripoff. Safe yourself the money and go see a free nature reserve instead

3  Thank jordymoos
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I have visited Paronella Park.
We booked a little cabin with shared facilities. Cabin is small but cute and spotlessly clean, tea and coffee provided and a little fridge to chill the wine after a day of touring the park twice.
I was super impressed with the night show last year but this year with the String family playing music with the light show, it has improved out of sight.
Sarah singing her song The Dreaming was spiritual and I could almost feel like Jose Paronella was there with us.
Thankyou for a beautiful experience Mark and your family, all of your hard working staff and of course The String Family.

1  Thank I1420FIsues
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came because of the descriptions of Birdwing and Ulysses butterflies in the website. Instead, found a moldering mess of tackiness like Vincent Price’s version of Disneyland. The Kauri trees are nice. Otherwise, I wish we’d never heard of the place.

Date of experience: September 2019