“Vast accommodation. Tucked away on a single track...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Monique19...
Utrecht
“Nice cottage at excellent spot for hiking and discovering the Dales”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Greengates cottage has a lot of charm and a few drawbacks. The positive elements are well described on the sites where you can rent it and a lot of it is true, but unfortunetely not everything. This is our experience. There were 2 very nice bedrooms with double beds. One other bedroom had a double bed, but was rather small, had no view and the bedroom window did not open. The weather was very hot, so one of us had really bad luck. Further there is a small single room. The beds were good, but the duvets way to warm and no alternative. We were four adults; one couple and two singles. In the garden was almost no shade and no umbrella in the shed: very hot. Worse thing for us: 14 days with no internet access at all, all though this is advertised on the website. Apparantly due to the provider, according to the owners. To my standards the owners did not enough to solve this problem (it was not) or to compensate us afterwards. They even gave me quite a hard time about my complaint at Sykes, and eventually reimbursed 30 pounds (we paid 1140 for 2 weeks). Smaller things: from the front garden you look right into the windows of the house opposite. In the back garden a lot of sheds (falconry sheds) block your view to the dales. There is some view, straight into a quarry. And you should not mind the constant bleating of sheep: it goes on and on and on. Comes with the Dales of course, but be prepared:-).
The very big plusses for this cottage: good kitchen, nice atmosphere and above all: access for hiking straight from the cottage: turn right and your climbing Pen-y-Ghent! My best experience: a 'handling visit' (very expensive, but worth it!) to the Yorkshire Dales Falconry Center.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Hunstanton
Reviewed January 7, 2014 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
luton
Reviewed October 16, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers

LoveTrave...
Oxfordshire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Beautiful Farmhouse, clean however several things made week not so relaxing and if only were advertised. Sky TV..crashed every 5 mins, Shower...a jug did a better job..... Cooker sounded like it was going to take off and became unbearable to use, Next to a working farm....Quad bikes early morning up and down past house. Not the farmers fault he has to work but not advised. I spend my working life starting work at 5 am don't want to on holiday. No mobile signal, again not advertised but offer wifi which couldn't be used as no signal to phones. Rightly or wrongly I run my own business and book a cottage on having wifi and had no way of emergency contact. I had to spend an hour each day in town 6 miles away dealing with work issues. Window frames falling out when windows used, so many bulbs not working. A cottage that doesn't have a guest book always says alot.... would not stay again. I know some things petty but added together they made the week quite unrelaxing. However Avril, the landlords caretaker could not have been more helpful and agreed to give her landline to my business for emergencies...she would have had to drive 3 miles if there was one...lovely lady. My problem is don't advertise things without been honest! Mobile phone signal and working farm are great selling points for some but not all.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mis selling of things advertised
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing