Wow! I have to confess I had liked the photos I saw in their web page, but the experience was beyond expectations. The place is magical, with the best views you could possibly get of the sea and the jungle itself. The experience was great and the service also super!
Some of the highlights of the stay, were the following:
- Great service from all the staff, specially from Juan Diego the new administrator. He was always willing to help everyone with the little details and the important things.
- The rooms are very spacious and well kept. The views are just breathtaking and my favorite room is #3, though #4 is also very nice!
- Food is delicious and the ladies in the kitchen do a great job.
- The nearby Los Cocos beach is beautiful and just a few minutes away, walking from the hotel, through the nice crops (pineapple, orange, coconuts and other trees) and the vast area in which the hotel is located.
- The pets are quite lovely (two dogs, Italo and his brother, and the cat, Pacho) and make your stay also nice. I don't understand why someone wrote a review saying something bad about the dogs, who are simply playful and friendly.
I'd go back for sure, since it's also very near to the Tayrona park and the multiple nature wonders nearby!
Try it out!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Maria combines natural beauty with the comfort of a luxurious resort and the intimacy of your personal country retreat. Surrounded by lush jungle overlooking the ocean, you relax in the shade next to your private swimming pool. Our staff will give you the best welcoming. As you walk the 5 minutes path on your way to the virgin, white sand beach, you will pick avocados, papayas, and bananas right off the tree. Attended by a 24-hour staff, Villa Maria provides daily cleaning, free breakfast, air conditioning, meals upon request, and of course, lots of fresh air. Just 45 minutes from the Old City of Santa Marta, you can expect the same superior quality of amenities and personal service as at all Kali hotels. At Villa Maria, you choose your own agenda. With our on-site staff, all of your needs will be anticipated and met. Drink juice directly from coconuts harvested 10 feet away, or eat fresh fish caught just in front of the local beach. Located 3 kilometres from the entrance to Tayrona National Park, the Villa keeps you close to the park's legendary beaches while giving you the privacy of your own home. Furthermore Villa Maria is the only hotel in the area offering hot water and a/c in the rooms. Local attractions of Quebrada Valencia, the trek to La Ciudad Perdida, and Orinoco can be reached with ease. Our network of hiking trails gives you the authentic sense of exploration felt by the area's first pioneers. Surfing, sunbathing, swimming in waterfalls, or simply walking the grounds will make you cherish every moment you spend at this slice of paradise. At the end of the day, satisfy all of your senses with a comfortable bed and the iconic aroma of the Ylang-Ylang flower, made famous by Chanel No. 5, growing on our gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.