“Can you say "Gourmet Pizza"?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caruso Gourmet Pizza - CLOSED

Caruso Gourmet Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Hamilton, Canada
“Can you say "Gourmet Pizza"?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Simply put...this is not your average pizza. From the typical meat lovers to crazy inventions with chicken and artichokes. This place is certainly worth a visit.

Upon entering, you look at the vast collection of cooked pizza pies and pick the one you want to devour. From there, it is warmed up and delivered to the table of your choice.

These slices are about the size of a typical Pizza Pizza slice but they are literally at least twice as heavy with all the loaded toppings. It's crazy what they jam onto these slices.

Cooked perfectly and always a pleasure. I've been twice and I'll return many more times.

A typical slice is about $6 to $9. It might sound expensive but one slice will fill you up.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leo B

Toronto, Canada
“A little pricey, not that tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had not been there in ages. Ordered for pick up. Lasagna was ok - VERY saucy, hardly any meat or pasta. Expensive for what you get. They forgot the garlic bread but didnt forget to charge me. Can't say Id go back any time soon. Service was slow - I saw this when I was waiting for my order which wasnt ready at pick up time

Visited July 2013
Tottenham ON
“excellent pizza - mindblowing prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped by for pizza and a beer one evening last winter. I'm celiac and had heard that Caruso's had great gluten free pizza - it's true, it's very good.

I ordered a gluten free pizza with three ingredients - now admittedly it was quite substantial, I took half of it home. My husband had two slices of pepperoni pizza. He ordered a bottle of beer, I had a glass of wine. The bill was $54.00 before tip... (!?).

Now, I don't mind paying for excellent food, but the ambiance was two steps up from a McDonalds, we ordered and paid at the counter - practically self serve! It was just astonishing quite honestly. If I do want an excellent gluten free pizza, I will likely stop there again, but just for take out.

• Visited February 2013
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Pizza Like No Other”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place makes the most unbelievable pizza. It can't even be put into words... if you are ever in Bolton, make this a destination for lunch or dinner, you will be amazed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank rotoden
Toronto, Canada
“So expensive, that it really takes away from the enjoyment.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Though the food at Caruso Gourmet Pizza is of a supreme quality, the fact of the matter is: it's just Pizza! Sure there is other stuff on the menu, but one usually hits up Caruso's for pizza. For two slices of pizza, a meat lovers (holy a ton of meat!) and a Soppressata, asiago and mushroom slice (sorry forgot the name of the slice), the bill came to $15.74! Two slices of pizza! I understand that you pay for quality, but sixteen bucks? Two slices?? It just seems that for the type of money, you can go virtually any chain pizza place and almost pay for a whole family meal with a bunch of extras. The food is good, but not twice as good as other places. It seems that ever since Caruso Gourmet Pizza moved to their current location three years ago that the prices of the pizza have gone up significantly. The homey feeling of the old place has been replaced by a stale version of Caruso Gourmet Pizza that is no longer worth the extra money to enjoy a "gourmet" slice. The indifferent service that is now expected makes me rethink my visit every time I go to Caruso's. Where I would go to Caruso Gourmet Pizza once, maybe twice a month before their move, I now only go once or twice a year. Hopefully, the idea of value of the old family feel of the old location will return sooner than later.

• Visited May 2013