I stayed in this resort in 2011 but could not fill that in so i choose june 2012 instead. I must agree with some of the comments that it is somewhat overprized really. The location and state of the property is really nice though and so is the courteousness of the personnell. The most unique experience is offered in the round huts made of native materials but still provided with all the modern luxuries like aircon and if i remember well even a tele and a small fridge.
One drawback of staying in this place is that you are completely depending on the services of the hotel, that is, also for dinners or lunches. Reason is there is simply no place to go or to walk unless you would somehow arrange to take a boat or crawl through the bushes to another part of the island. The food is average and adds up again to the already relatively high price.The beach is a bit untidy in my memory and, certainly in the context of the price, could be arranged and fixed a lot better.
That having said it is still a nice location, with beautiful flowers all over the property. You can encounter a goose couple during your walk or sit at the poolside.
Transport to and from Davao is provided and inclusive in the booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gof Gorei Beach Resort is a boutique style resort nestled upon a coral jewel set amidst in Samal Islands sparkling turquoise water. Calmly and idyllic, the resort is a perfect hideaway for those who seek both relaxation and discovery where possibilities are blissful, endearing and endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hof Gorei Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hof Gorei Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Hof Gorei Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island