“Finest Davao City Resort”

Paradise Island Park & Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Samal Island
Reviewed June 24, 2011

If you will go to Davao make sure to visit this resort. Good Food, Staff and Place. Very affordable as well plus they have bird sanctuary.

Clean facilities and very affordable kayak and other swimming equipment.

Totally Recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MsOracle

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Paradise Island Park and Beach Resort is a worth it resort. We just stayed here for one night and I am sad that it was very very short. It is located 7 minutes away from Sasa Wharf, Davao City. The resort is in itself complete with a restaurant, zoo, aviary, playground, bar, billiards and ping pong tables! It also has a shop where you can buy what you need. The rooms were nice and complete with amenities. You can also order food and have it delivered in your room. There's a sofa and table outside the room where you can enjoy an al-fresco cool ambiance. The restaurant food is OK and worth it for a resort. Average price per dish is 200-300 pesos good for one to two persons. Service was excellent as they always have that "what i can do for our guests mentality." The resort is always clean!

The only negative about the resort was the billing. It took them too long to give us the bill. Aside from that, I can't think of anything bad.

Will surely and definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank djtravelbug
Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you happen to be visiting Davao, then you absolutely have to go here. Since the pier is just a few mins away from the city, the island resort is just a five minute boat ride from the mainland, you don't even have to book a room. Day trips here are so convenient, its less of a hassle then going to a mall or a theme park.

The beach is clean, the water is clear & there are plenty of fish near the shore, great for snorkeling and fish feeding. Although I am a smoker, I like the fact that most of the resort is a non-smoking zone, with only one or two areas where you can smoke; apart from keeping the area clean, it helps me cut down.

The service is great, resort staff are very friendly and the food is amazing. Don't forget to ask for extra pineapple jam if you get a sideorder of bread, they make a really tasty sourdough. Also, There is a mini zoo and nice garden walkways for shutterbugs.

What can I say, a great place for a great price, they say the rooms here are ok, so next time Im planning to spend the night, I'll update my review until then.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dok418
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I could have given the resort an excellent rating if not only with their service in the food area. We waited for almost 45 minutes and we were dead hungry and tired on our 1st day. Anyway, Davao is really the cleanest place I've ever seen. I've been to Boracay, Bohol, Palawan, Pagudpud and Paradise Island so far is the cleanest resort I've ever been. You hardly seen even a small wrap of candy. Staff are everywhere, very accommodating and friendly. The room is so spacious with nice bed sheets and interior. At night time, we had fun watching cultural shows while some of us enjoyed playing table games. It's worth every penny. Thanks for my co-employee who recommended this place. We will surely go back here on our next summer trip

• Stayed: March 2011
7  Thank hanaphil
Reviewed February 21, 2011

the place is great for family gatherings, but not a place to go when you need romantic. they have this offer one day pass including food for around P250 or P300 per head, its a great deal! the water is clean and safe and it's so easy to get there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank irahgm
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I've been here many times...even just got home yesterday from another 3-day leisure stay with this resort. I now feel that I owe them a review for their amazing service, kudos to Mr. Jun Diamante, the Assistant Resort Manager, this place is like a perfectly well-oiled machine.

Who would think that Davao City's depot area will reveal a small inlet of well-lined Talisay trees giving shade to the clean sands? There by the beach, boats await to transport you to the resort, only a 5-minute boatride away. Crews are always very courteous, tan and neat. When you get there, there's always somebody to help you with your bags. The welcome drink is delicious and I don't care if it's freshly squeezed or powdered juice drink, a glass of it is just simply refreshing. The ladies behind the reception desks are friendly and accommodating. The cottages are charming, impeccable and nicely furnished. Bathrooms are spotlessly clean with enough toiletries just in case you forgot to bring something. There are enough cable channels to entertain you if you just want to stay in your cottage. The white sands are raked clean every morning and many times during the day. Staff are very courteous, friendly and accommodating. There seems to be an endless choice of water sports and activities to keep my kids occupied. Lifeguards are on their posts every 20 meters or so. Food is quite good and reasonably priced. Waiters are very attentive and alert to your every whims. I got the best massage the other day by the beach. The masseuse had to gently wake me twice from my slumber to change position. WiFi works perfectly fine at the beach area and I get to work without any interruptions and at the same time check out my kids playing in the waters a few feet away. My family couldn't wait to be back there on March.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank mj_and_neil
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I had fun in paradise island, I did enjoyed it especially because its affordable and clean beach front. The island is just minutes away from the city and the boat fee is affordable. We just had a day tour, if ever I would be asked I would certainly recommend and want to stay here again. The beach is very big but even though there are so many people you wont notice that the beach is crowded. You can also bring food or order food, we just ordered since the food is also reasonably priced. I would recommend and stay here in this well maintained resort.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Samal Island
Punta del Sol Beach Resort
Punta del Sol Beach Resort
#10 of 14 in Samal Island

Been to Paradise Island Park & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!