I was looking for a quiet place to getaway for a few nights somewhere in the Philippines - something reasonably priced, not too commerical and not too many people. Stumbled upon The Pearl Farm reviews here and I am glad I did. The Pearl Farm is a very, very nice place to relax and recharge the batteries. Is was cheaper than Cebu and less commerical and more relaxing than Boracay.
A taxi from the airport took us to the reception in Davao - this has a cafe and pool for you to relax, have something to eat while you wait for the boat. A boat ride to the island (maybe 30 minutes?) to be greated by a fresh juice and welcoming smiles, with us being escorted to the room. We had the basic room, but it was large, aircon'd, and sufficient. But I wasn't about to spend the rest of my time in the room - I was there for the sun.
There is one good (small) beach on the island, a lovely pool which is perfect for watching sunsets, a relaxing bar on the pier and the open-air restaurant is casual and adds to the whole atmosphere of The Pearl Farm. Everything at The Pearl Farm makes you relax.
There is a small island a few hundred metres away which has 6 exclusive houses on it and some lovely beaches. This is ideal for a few hours getway - it is even more relaxing.
There is a sports-shed that has snorkel gear, kayaks, skiing, etc.
Loved it for its simplicity, atmosphere and reasonable price. This is not a 6-Star resort (and doesn't claim to be), but the location is 6-Star, with the resort being not "over the top" but is perfect for the person looking to get away from it all and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island