we just came back from our 3-day trip to pearl farm beach resort and our experience must just be one of the best!
travel from davao international airport to the pearl farm marina usually takes only about 10-15 minutes; while the boat ride from the marina to pearl farm beach resort (samal island) is about 45 minutes. taking their speed boats though will only take about 15 minutes (which we were lucky enough to take).
the room we stayed at was one of the samal suites located on the farther left of the main island. from the dock to the samal suites may be a bit far but it can serve as great exercise as you go through the path they made, in between the sea and the mountain side.
you may also meet new friends as you pass by the "butik" (boutique) where you can meet two lovely native ladies who hand-weave beautiful cloth. you can buy their other handicrafts (beaded bracelets, earrings, etc.) for as low as 20 pesos per piece. you also have a lot of choices for souvenir inside "butik" ranging from souvenir shirts, to pearls, to bracelets made from recycled softdrink can pull tabs. by the way, they accept major credit cards.
i believe a cuckatoo (or was it a parrot?) is also nearby the shop. also, just across is the basketball court.
walking further is the parola or the light house. the pool beside it however, was currently under renovation so we were not able to use that pool during our stay. i was able to swim in the beach however, which was right under our suite! you may want to wear your slippers as some of the parts are rocky. the area beside the parola though is more sandy so you may opt to swim there instead.
me and 3 of my colleagues occupied the top floor while our other officemates took the room below. the room on top, by the way, is larger than the room on the first floor.
we were surprised to see how the interior of the room can be at par with a 5-star hotel! though the main theme of the suite is of bamboos and wood, the room offered just any amenity one can find in a city hotel. the room had air-conditioning, huge bed, flat screen TV, complete toiletries, hair dryer, water heater, towels (so no need to bring your own), and bath robes. it even had an ipod dock with speakers!
we also had the chance to go and see malipano island, which is just across the main island (about 5 minutes riding the speed boat). that was the first time in my life to see shells that are actually living and moving! there were even some as small as ants, and yet they’re moving around with their tiny shells! it was simply an amazing experience!
i must say the sand on malipano’s beach is whiter and finer so if you want to stay under the sun, on the beach…you may opt to book a room in malipano island instead of the main island.
food was simply gorgeous. i’m not sure though if it’s the usual breakfast they serve since we were a big group and they may have served food according to our company’s specifications.
breakfast consist of breads, jams (I remember there was durian jam and mangosteen jam), rice, bacon, eggs, danggit (dried, salted fish), dried squid, fresh fruits (watermelon, papaya, pineapple).
though one of their pools was under renovation, their other pool, near the dock was open and it looked beautiful. too bad, I had no chance of swimming in it, as our room was a bit far.
the staff was really friendly and they offered as much help as they can. they’d always greet you with a smile whenever they get to meet you.
i was also able to experience their spa and it was heavenly. it was an hour massage of the arms and legs and head. i chose that over back massage. you can however, also have a full body massage, though I’m not sure about the price as the massage i had was complimentary.
all in all, if you really want a perfect escape from the bustling city, pearl farm beach resort is one of the best options there is. the long trip is definitely worth it. besides, you don’t know when you may get to walk alongside a crab while you’re on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island