Stayed here with my husband for 3D 2N. We stayed at one of the hilltop houses - the accommodations are quite old, but functional and clean nonetheless. Also had a view of the sea and the greenery which gave a nice ambiance. A/C was a quite noisy, but that didn't really bother us. Shower and hot water worked OK, and the bed was big and comfortable. There was an ongoing renovation at the Parola, Maranao Resto and the infinity pool so it was too bad we didn't get to enjoy those parts of the resort.
Buffet breakfast was good - mostly Filipino but also has cereals, bread, jams, cold cuts and cheeses. There's always fresh fruits which is a plus for us. We didn't get the buffet for the other meals - for us that's too much food. Opted to go ala-carte for the other meals. Each dish can be expensive - a bowl of pakbet can cost around 400 php, and some beef dishes can go up to 900. Nonetheless having all your meals by the beach makes it a tad bit more romantic and special.
The beach itself was OK. Clean and mostly fine sand. They have buoys to make sure that guests stay within the safe area. Snorkeling was just OK - not much too see unless you avail one of their tours that would take you to sites outside the resort itself.
What stood out for me is the staff. They are amazing! Ready to help, and greets you without fail every time they see you around the resort. They are all warm, friendly, and prompt in assisting us with our needs and requests. Kudos to the staff at the Aqua Sports facility - they made our Coral & Giant Clam tour really enjoyable.
All in all, would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island