“A NICE RESORT”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Samal Island
Sydney, Australia
“A NICE RESORT”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I had 3 nights, staying one of the Samal Houses ( over water on stilts ) which we both loved, and excellent value for money. It was a little disappointing that some of the facilities where being renovated, Maranao Restaurant, Parola Bar, and the Infinity pool, I believe will be re opened in April 2013. ( the restaurant was a temporary arrangement on the main beach ) Regardless this is still a great resort to spend some time to get away from it all, Plenty to do, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent gardens, and the main swimming pool was very pleasant.
The downside, although the accommodations were good value for money, the food and beverages where a little on the pricey side, by Fills standards, however the buffet meals provided many choices and were in the main delicious
We would maybe consider going back again

Room Tip: Samal Houses are great for couples who want the Bora Bora over water experience at half the price
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JIM T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The resort is being renovated right now which is a real disappointment. If you have a choice, better go to the resort after the construction is done in April. When we went there last Feb 14-16, the Parola, Infinity pool and Maranao restaurant were closed. The beach beside the Parola was still accessible (which has better quality sand than the one in Mandaya) but you would not really want to stay there because of the construction right beside it. However, despite this setback (which should have entitled all the guests to reductions in their accomodation rates - which they did not offer even if they did not immediately advise guests of the construction until it was too late), we still enjoyed our stay. The place was beautiful (less so because of the construction, but still beautiful) and truly relaxing. One would not want to leave the place - not until you run out of money as their food is super expensive. They have limited ala carte choices, so you will end up with their buffet which costs like Vikings. Good thing that the spread is good - they have lots of delicious desserts and fresh fruits. One other thing they would have to improve though is their performers. NOt the performances I would normally expect from a high-end resort but hey, it is still a welcome treat as there is nothing to do once the night comes. Better bring yourself some entertainment. The resort is not perfect, I have a lot of things I wish they would improve on - (additionally - their bedsheets are rough!) but I still really loved my stay and would still recommend it to those who can afford to go - and those who are after tranquility and beauty rather than fun and adventure (although they do offer water sports as well). One note though: the rates on their website are not the BEST as they advertise. Better look for deals in Agoda or Travelasia - they are definitely way cheaper with more inclusions, however you would have to completely pay upon reservation compared to the 10% reservation payment on their website.

Room Tip: The Samal houses are great, you can feed fishes right outside your veranda and you wake up to the so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dyanne L
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Service was outstanding. Staff are always very helpful, especially on the needs concerning my toddler son.

We stayed Samal room for the second time. It was simple and comfortable. I believe I will always choose Samal as my accommodation every time I go there.

Food was absolutely delicious. The food spread during buffet were not as many as our previous visit, but they are tasty nonetheless.

This is the getaway that I will never get tired of going to. Pearl Farm ensures privacy and quiet while enjoying the most simplest of things: eating, swimming, sleeping.

I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Samal rooms will always be a favorite. these rooms built on stilts are perfect for honeymooners. coz...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria M
Kidapawan
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I and my boyfriend stayed at Pearl Farm last September 16-20,2012.
We are expecting to have some fresh and alive fish,in which we can choose and let them cook the way we want it, but there's nothing, only frozen.
I agree that's it was like a prison. As we always want to take a boat to other parts/island.
We left 2 days earlier, though we have paid for it.

Staff are nice and always have a smile on their faces :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ar l
Stockton-on-Tees
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would love to go back to this place. Went there a few years back and I still think of how wonderful this place is. Clean rooms, pristine sea, great food. Yes, I enjoyed the buffet meals. At night, you will be serenaded as well by acoustic performers. The only downside that I can think of is there is not much water sports activities and rates are rather expensive. But we did try snorkeling. It's an island very near the city centre but they can arrange airport transfer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ted P
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like to visit resorts that are not crowded. This time in December, I enjoyed the place with, obviously, tourists. The buffet was sumptuous, the infinity pool clean and sparkling, and the beach was so peaceful. Late afternoon is the best time to go snorkling, the sun was not that scorching. The Samal houses was convenient for our group. At night, you can go for a night swim, the pool is just in front of the cottages. The massage by the pool area was really soothing for the body, considering I was travelling for the past days in Mindanao. I do recommend this resort, though a little costly compared to other resorts in the island. But with the accommodation, every dollar's worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeckyGudinez
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Eversince I start flying international and reading the inflight magazine Mabuhay. I always dreamed of seeing Pearl Farm. After spending 1 night at The Eden Davao ( see my review for this ) and 2 nights at Davao City to enjoy all the Food it offers. I headed to Pearl Farm. The Place is Good dont get me wrong. The Rooms and its Garden is nice. What surprised Me is the old Gazebo that trademarks Pearl Farm. Most of the structure is obviously old and needs some replenishment. The perimeter of the beach has plenty of Kelp and Green Algae. well must be the weather but usually Resorts of this level cleans their Beach to make sure its always Pleasing. Among all the Beach i've been this is the most memorable with the rough sand and rocky beach. But i am not saying dont go. still a good experience. Because that is one of the best way of discovering a place, with your own experience. Also it needs more control on the guest. They do welcome day tour so it makes the area noisy for those staying within.

Room Tip: The nearest to the Gazebo is the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Hof Gorei Beach Resort
Hof Gorei Beach Resort
#4 of 7 in Samal Island
Paradise Island Park & Beach Resort

Been to Pearl Farm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!