Stayed: Dec. 27, 2012 - Jan. 1, 2013
Room Type: Samal House
Room No.: Samal 19 & 20 (Adjoining verandas)
-You can jump in to the water from the verandas, tide permitting, if you're staying in a Samal House.
-Their 2 beaches (Maranao Beach & Mandaya Beach) are good and regularly cleaned, however the Maranano is much better, the Mandaya is more for snorkelling.
-The Malipano Beach is good as well, but it's on the other island. They have boat transfers every 30 mins. though to and from the main island though.
-Buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner is good. It's largely Filipino cuisine but they also have international. A la carte was very good eg. burger.
-Servers in the restaurant are very good and knew what they're doing.
-Take the Speedboat Cruise (Php6,500 for 1 hour), it's worth it.
-It is a great place for families, couples, team buildings since they have function areas, sports activities and private dinners.
-Their Airport representative is my favorite, had our boarding passes printed when we arrived. And it's not because we are flying back Business Class to Manila, he does it to everyone else. He's worth 1 star.
-24 hour room service.
-Butik (their souvenir shop) doesn't have much anymore. They had branded bikinis, nice souvenir bags etc. during our 1st visit. Now, I think they usually don't replenish it.
-Some staff are extra friendly and helpful to my English husband and my mother-in-law, somehow they tend to completely ignore me, unfortunately, I get that alot in the Philippines, god knows why.
-The people at the Front Office are frustrating, they weren't as much as helpful but they got our things sorted out eventually. Maybe a little bit more of a hassle than last time.
-Not everyone was able to sit down on their scheduled boat transfer to Pearl Farm. It's a 45min boat ride, mind you. So a private transfer (Php7,000/way) is worth it, faster, and you can leave at your own convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island