“Awesome Place -- Cant wait to go back!”

Pearl Farm Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Samal Island
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were quite apprehensive about going to Samal for 1 night but it was worth it! We flew arrived at 9AM so we were able to have a full breakfast on our 1st day. Plenty of choices but what we loved were the cheese, the bacon and the cereals! The fruits were super fresh.

It rained in the afternoon but our view was breathtaking, we didnt mind it at all.

Dinner buffet for P950 was worth it because of all the grilled seafood we ate. Try to stay overnight because a day trip is not enough. The shuttle to the Hillview rooms were being fixed so if you're planning to book a Hillview room, suggest you call Pearl Farm first because it looked like quite a walk. So happy with the Samal Room. Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get a Samal room at least. The Hillview room could be quite a walk!
1  Thank jApdoLL

Reviewed November 16, 2012

what a 5 night stay we had in this resort, it is a tropical paradise, the accomodation, food, staff, location, spa and water sports 5 star, I could not recommend this resort more, the most perfect holiday I have had in years. Dont expect bouncing night life, there is none, only light music, bar music but for relaxation and pampering you will find nothing better, myself and partner will most certanly return. Finaly top marks to the manageress a beautiful lady who pulled out the stops to help me readjust my booking due to work commitments salamat

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had an overnight stay. This place is clean, well maintained, good atmosphere. Everything is in order. Great place for vacation/relaxation. Staff are superb, nice and courteous. Breakfast buffet is also satisfying.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed there once with my companion,The terminal boat close to the chateu del mar was beautiful,clean and the staff in the ferry boat going to Pearl Farm was very educates,well managed and they are just hospitable with their beautiful smiles,the crew was just accomodating,and the boat just pretty, going to Pearl Farm beach resort in kaputian,just perfect after the 1 hour sailing in the sea they will just welcome you and asks how was your trip ma'am/sir,then they gave us a hot towel i guess with a little bit alcohol with it to their guest that just arrived,and a little meeting about the resort and their facilities,Everything is 5 star,it is kind of expensive resort but your money just worth for your stay in their lovely rooms,good linen,bed was perfect made in bamboo,they also have tennis court which is very perfect idea for those sporty guest,the pool is very clean the beach is just crystal blue,and you can see their many starfish so cute,the food is tasty.Our stayed there was just memorable and it was lovely experienced to stay a resort more than Boracay! Perfect!!! and we're hoping to come back in Pearl Farm again soon.

Room Tip: In this hotel you don't have to choose for a good room because all the rooms seems very lovely!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for only one day, but we were able to tour almost the whole place. Where most Samal resorts usually just had a boat tied to the jetty/dock, Pearl Farm has its own Marina with a pool, front desk/reception, cafe and native works shop. By that time, I knew I was in for a treat.

Overall: I'd come back here to relax and get pampered, but I think I'd have to save up a bit for it.

Pros:
- The staff was so helpful. They rarely said no to our requests (which were still within reason, of course). We asked to see one of each room type, and a very nice lady walked us through almost every one, including the gorgeous Malipano Villas. One of the cleaning ladies tried to hurry up her work just so we can see the Samal House (but we told her not to bother, and we moved on without seeing it). I wanted to take a walk along the beach but didn't want my coconut shake to get warm, so I gave it back to the restaurant to store in their fridge--requested this without a fuss from the waiter. We asked to be taken to Malipano Island (twice) and we were ferried across promptly.
- They had a raffle for everyone who arrived that day (I'm not sure if this is something they do everyday, though). I won a free 10-minute wakeboarding session. Yey! But the wakeboarding equipment was broken, so they just replaced it with a kayak that I can use for 2 hours. No complaints here, I love kayaks.
- Almost all the furnishings of the rooms are all-wood and polished immaculately. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Earthenware jars in front of every room so we can wash off the sand from our feet.
- Yummy lunch buffet! I can tell that the veggies, fruits and squid were all fresh. Had to pay for the drinks, though, but since they were delicious, I didn't mind.

Cons:
- Insect problems at the restaurant: some ants got into the pineapple jam and bread basket in the buffet. Flies also got into the room where salads, cheeses and desserts were kept.
- Not much to do without shelling out more cash (the watersports like kayaks, wake-boarding, scuba diving, snorkeling, island hopping all cost extra, and in my opinion, the rates are a bit high). To remedy this, I'll bring my Frisbee or a volleyball during my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HAnnah Lesley T
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just came back yesterday from this beautiful place. We spent two nights there, and those two nights were so different from my usual hustle and bustle that it feels a bit jarring to come back home to the usual.

The only thing taxing about the resort is getting there, since you need to take a boat, which means waiting for all the passengers to arrive. A flight after ours was delayed so we had to wait an extra 45 minutes for the rest to arrive. Luckily, they have a small deli at their lobby with really cheap but huge AND delicious sandwiches available (P200 on average -- roughly 4 US dollars). I also recommend the gambas and ripe mango shake.

Boat rides lose their novelty after 2 minutes but the seats are comfy enough to sleep on. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get there, but cool welcome drinks are waiting for you right when you arrive. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating, and always greet you when you see them.

Now to go to the Pros and Cons of actually staying there:

Pros:
+ Fantastic breakfast buffet, with lots of variety. You can ask for hot chocolate/coffee/tea too.
+ Very friendly staff, as I said.
+ Rooms have fantastic views, especially the Samal rooms, which are on stilts -- you're greeted with water right outside your balcony. Each room feels really homey and helps enhance the ambiance of the entire place.
+ Very peaceful and solitary. Ended up sleeping at 9 PM and waking up at 6 AM everyday and I felt great.
+ Beautiful beach with white sand.
+ There are little trams that take you wherever you want, and the resort itself isn't overly huge so you can walk to wherever you want to go anyway. The walk itself is very scenic.

Cons:
- Dinner buffet needs more variety.
- They discourage eating at the open restaurant when your clothes are wet. Maybe it's just me, but one of the best parts about resorts is getting to eat right after you come out of the beach. Doing it in reverse (eating a heavy meal -> swimming) doesn't feel as right.
- Bathrooms are weird. In the Samal rooms, one closet-sized space holds the toilet, and another closet-sized space holds the shower (which is literally just a shower), and in between those two is the sink. It's a bit much for claustrophobic people, and the shower room just has a bunch of racks that are placed much higher than my 5"0 self. It's also easy for your clothes to fall off the rack, so I don't know how they expect children to bathe, or platonic friends (in case you wanna leave your clothes in the room). That's my biggest complaint about the place.

Overall, though, I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: The Samal rooms have the best view since it's at level with the water!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Snaro
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great value - but I got food poisoning from the buffet.

If your idea of a relaxing holiday involves sitting on a desert island, soaking up the sun, then this is for you.

Don't expect easy day-tripping to Davao. DO expect a stay that will cost next-to-nothing for a bungalow over the water.

Having heard about the 2001 incident here, I'm not sure if I'll return. And I didn't enjoy the food poisoning. But I did enjoy everything else about my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Hof Gorei Beach Resort
Hof Gorei Beach Resort
#4 of 8 in Samal Island
Paradise Island Park & Beach Resort

Been to Pearl Farm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!