Stayed for only one day, but we were able to tour almost the whole place. Where most Samal resorts usually just had a boat tied to the jetty/dock, Pearl Farm has its own Marina with a pool, front desk/reception, cafe and native works shop. By that time, I knew I was in for a treat.
Overall: I'd come back here to relax and get pampered, but I think I'd have to save up a bit for it.
- The staff was so helpful. They rarely said no to our requests (which were still within reason, of course). We asked to see one of each room type, and a very nice lady walked us through almost every one, including the gorgeous Malipano Villas. One of the cleaning ladies tried to hurry up her work just so we can see the Samal House (but we told her not to bother, and we moved on without seeing it). I wanted to take a walk along the beach but didn't want my coconut shake to get warm, so I gave it back to the restaurant to store in their fridge--requested this without a fuss from the waiter. We asked to be taken to Malipano Island (twice) and we were ferried across promptly.
- They had a raffle for everyone who arrived that day (I'm not sure if this is something they do everyday, though). I won a free 10-minute wakeboarding session. Yey! But the wakeboarding equipment was broken, so they just replaced it with a kayak that I can use for 2 hours. No complaints here, I love kayaks.
- Almost all the furnishings of the rooms are all-wood and polished immaculately. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Earthenware jars in front of every room so we can wash off the sand from our feet.
- Yummy lunch buffet! I can tell that the veggies, fruits and squid were all fresh. Had to pay for the drinks, though, but since they were delicious, I didn't mind.
- Insect problems at the restaurant: some ants got into the pineapple jam and bread basket in the buffet. Flies also got into the room where salads, cheeses and desserts were kept.
- Not much to do without shelling out more cash (the watersports like kayaks, wake-boarding, scuba diving, snorkeling, island hopping all cost extra, and in my opinion, the rates are a bit high). To remedy this, I'll bring my Frisbee or a volleyball during my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island