Pearl Farm Beach Resort is considered the top-of-the-line accommodation in Samal Island, Davao. It's 45 minutes from the mainland unlike the other island resorts, which take just 5 minutes. This location actually works in favor of Pearl Farm, since it's well away from crowds and the whole property was actually tailored so that guests can source everything they want and need right there.
1. Samal is done in tasteful vernacular interior design and architecture. The resort was made by Filipino architect Francisco Manosa, which means you expect intricate native details on your rooms which showcase the unique Filipino culture. There is emphasis, of course, on the culture of Mindanao. It's fascinating to say the least.
2. Amenities and facilities are excellent. There are rooms on stilts; those located on top of a hill (which means you get a panoramic view of the nearby islands); and there are exclusive (read: pricey) suites located on nearby island Malipano. There are newly refurbished modern rooms as well. Each room is designed for the family in mind (most suites are multilevel. Typical suites have two levels--one contains the master bedroom, the other contains extra beds for the kids--all done tastefully. Really large glass windows too for beautiful views. I suggest you get the Samal Suites--the room whose facade was made to look like an eagle's head).
3. Staff are very courteous. Walk all around the resort and each member of the staff you meet along the way will greet you with a smile. It's a small gesture that goes a long way.
4. Food is great too. There's a wide selection of international as well as native cuisine to choose from. There's a cold cuts & sushi section as well. Every night, an acoustic band performs (when we were there, it was a family of singers who serenaded us).
5. The beach on the main resort is a bit short; the sand is coarse; but since you're hardly sharing it with anybody at any given time, it's bound to be a peaceful experience for you. You can take a dip at Malipano's beach too (the resort offers free transfers to the island every 30 minutes. It's just 3-5 minutes away). Kids can engage in fish feeding; you can rent kayaks too; When we were there they were testing a wakeboard facility in Malipano; and there's a shipwreck less than 60m from the shore which divers can have a look at.
6. They also have a spa but we haven't tried that. Average rates of treatments are P2,000.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the serene west coast of the Island Garden City of Samal, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is a haven that encompasses 23 hectares of solitary refinement away from typhoons. It welcomes guests with dominating vistas over Philippines' largest city and highest peak - Davao Gulf and Mount Apo respectively. It finds life in panoramic, exotic islands with coastlines adorned with white sand, mangrove forestry, and rock formations. The photogenic breadth is Mother Nature's sanctuary of luscious, equatorial forest inhabited by native greens, giant ferns, multihued flowers, and unrivaled wildlife. Pearl Farm Beach Resort embraces you with unparalleled Mindanaoan hospitality and architecture. It boasts on Mindanaoan motifs, epitomized in our signature Maranao okir-a-bai. Sophisticatedly designed, our rooms and facilities have become modern-day shrines of tradition that forged from all-natural and tropical materials that perfectly blend with the greeneries. Offering you with inimitable leisure are the resort's maiden beaches and cerulean pools. Down to your tummies, you will delight in the savory fusion of international and Filipino cuisines and drinks. Fun-seekers will meet a wave of enjoyment from a range of games and aqua sports. For total rejuvenation, Ylang-Ylang Spa is for your indulgement. The neighboring Malipano Island is a 7-hectare clandestine hideaway. It cradles the quintessence of grandeur and abode, the Malipano Villas. Discover gaiety among its palm garden and pristine beaches that create the paramount beach wedding experience the resort is notable for. The resort is owned by the Floirendo family. and managed by the Anflo Group of Companies which helms other well-known companies: TADECO, Davao International Container Terminal, Davao Packaging Corporation, Damosa Land Inc., and Nestfarms. Instilled in Pearl Farm Beach Resort's mission is the upliftment and promotion of the culture, arts, and skills of Mindanao. To be one with our cultural roots demonstrated in architecture, food, products, and People - we find lifeblood in this advocacy. Truly the jewel of the south, Pearl Farm Beach Resort is where you can revel in tropical pleasures, relish life's flavors, and feast on nature's bounties. -- Notice of Renovation (2015 June 27): Dear our Valued Guest, As part of our continuous endeavor in providing you with cardinal Mindanaoan service, we are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading our Samal Houses. Please be informed that the resort is undergoing Samal House renovations until further notice. With this, we apologize for any inconvenience that this will cause during your stay. Rest assured that we will do our best to conduct the renovation with the most minimal noise. Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to call our Davao Sales Office and Manila Sales Office. We greatly appreciate your kind consideration. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Pearl Farm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl Farm Beach Hotel Samal Island
- Pearl Farm Beach Davao
- Pearl Farm Davao
- Pearl Farm Beach Resort Davao/Samal Island