Precious Garden Samal
$68
$59
Agoda.com
$28
Lorelei Beach Resort(Samal Island)(Great Value!)
$44
TripAdvisor
Island Garden Resort(Samal Island)(Great Value!)
$25
$109
$411
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
La Vida Orchard Samal(Samal Island)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsvanishing islandbeach fronthot watertricycle ridebeach area isfishfilipinotvswimvinegarshoreretreatverandaresortportgarbagepayment
Reviewed January 26, 2012

It's rather unusual that whenever I mentioned to my friends in Davao where we were staying in Samal, nobody knew about this resort. They never heard of it. But nevertheless, we followed our instincts and booked the place.

Stayed overnight there with friends. First impressions, the Mediterranean or Spanish Villa-inspired place looked pretty lovely. The rooms and bathrooms were absolutely clean and spacious with a very homey feel. We really liked it. Even the common comfort rooms outside were spotless. That is my barometer for every resort/hotel I go too. Clean bathrooms, comfort rooms mean that management is serious with cleanliness.

The beach area which was just a few steps away also looked really nice. Loved the cabanas on the shore. Perfect chill out area any time of the day. We stayed and drunk our beers there at night.

But I would have to say that what impressed us most is the food. Their pasta and pizza were just excellent! We tried the pesto spaghetti and bolognese. And their thin crust pepperoni and mango pizza! We also ordered their sweet and sour fish, buttered chicken, chicken goulash, baby back ribs, and fish and chips. But what we really raved about, aside from the pasta, was their chopsuey and fish steak! To die for! Just remembering them makes my mouth water.

The staff, can't complain. They were all very helpful and gracious people. All praises to them specially Junnie (the server) and of course Neneng, the chef/cook and mastermind of the great tasting food. I would definitely go back for the clean, spacious, lovely accommodations and the great food!

Just a few areas for improvement, the garden area can probably use constant trimming. It's really not a big deal. And the water on the beach, we did not swim by the shore coz it did not look very inviting to swim, it was rather murky at that time, with a few pieces of garbage strewn on the shore during high tide. We swam further by the floating bar. Maybe the resort owners can do something to filter out those garbage that's probably coming from the adjacent houses on stilts. Maybe put a barrier or something.

Overall, we had an awesome time! Thanks to all the staff who kept the place clean and for the great food!

Room Tip: Take the ones at the second floor for a better view of the garden!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank JohnInTheCity
Reviewed November 2, 2011

It's my first time in Samal and staying in Precious Garden was one of the best decisions we've made while planning the trip. The place is relatively new and well taken care of. I was told that the owner is German but the resort's ambiance is very much Filipino. Kristeen, who took care of us, was very accommodating during our stay. She made sure that we get our money's worth. All the Staff, from the kitchen helper to the gardeners, are very polite and modest.

The place is private and provides the kind of peace and serenity that we were looking for. The beach area is a good walking distance from the hotel. The rooms are very clean with constant supply of water. Furniture and fixtures were carefully picked with special focus on the details. The beds are very comfortable and very much recommended for couples.

Food is great too! Try their pizza, it's very delicious. Actually, all dishes in the menu are to die for.

They also offer island tour packages. Avail those packages and let them plan your tour of the island for you. You may even request to tweak the itinerary to maximize your stay in the island. Kuya Joo, the driver assigned to us, was very accommodating, as well.

If we'd be back to Samal Island, me and my boyfriend will definitely book again a night or two in Precious Garden.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GeorgePudadera
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was born and raised in Toril, Davao City.

My fiance and I went to your garden resort with my family for lunch one day.
We loved the environment garden, it is so beautiful and the food was very good.

Your place is perfect because we could have a ceremony somewhere in your garden.

We are thinking of having 150 guests and we would prefer an exclusive party to make our wedding very special to us and to our family and friends as well.

Thanks
Anna

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
14  Thank JohnWeinsteen
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Service, food, place is almost excellent... if you want to be away for just a day or two from the busy streets of Davao City, this place is exactly where you want to be. management themselves limit their guest to ensure the serenity and calmness of the ambiance for those who want to have that superb R and R (rest and relaxation). They also offer affordable and delightful dishes both Filipino and Europian cuisine.
I just hope you already got all your rooms well ventilated ( i mean with AC units installed) when i have the time to visit your place, coz i surely will.

Room Tip: better have your reservations first
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank waterirl
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We returned today from our brief stay at Precious Garden and I wanted to drop you a line to let you know that we had a wonderful time and that your staff were exceptional. You are no doubt aware that some freak weather caused our holiday to get off to a bad start, but that was completely out of your control. Your key staff - Jerphile, JC, Denessa, and Neneng could not have been more professional. Even though your accommodation does not have some of the things we are used to (TV, WiFi, Refrigerator, etc), we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The food from your restaurant was first class and the service was superb. We particularly enjoyed our visit to your other home on the island, and we sincerely thank you and your wife Precious for being kind enough to let us visit it.

I am aware that you are developing the resort further and I intend to bring my family back for a longer visit when those developments have been completed.

Thank you again. I believe that your resort could easily become one of the most exclusive on the island.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple