It's rather unusual that whenever I mentioned to my friends in Davao where we were staying in Samal, nobody knew about this resort. They never heard of it. But nevertheless, we followed our instincts and booked the place.
Stayed overnight there with friends. First impressions, the Mediterranean or Spanish Villa-inspired place looked pretty lovely. The rooms and bathrooms were absolutely clean and spacious with a very homey feel. We really liked it. Even the common comfort rooms outside were spotless. That is my barometer for every resort/hotel I go too. Clean bathrooms, comfort rooms mean that management is serious with cleanliness.
The beach area which was just a few steps away also looked really nice. Loved the cabanas on the shore. Perfect chill out area any time of the day. We stayed and drunk our beers there at night.
But I would have to say that what impressed us most is the food. Their pasta and pizza were just excellent! We tried the pesto spaghetti and bolognese. And their thin crust pepperoni and mango pizza! We also ordered their sweet and sour fish, buttered chicken, chicken goulash, baby back ribs, and fish and chips. But what we really raved about, aside from the pasta, was their chopsuey and fish steak! To die for! Just remembering them makes my mouth water.
The staff, can't complain. They were all very helpful and gracious people. All praises to them specially Junnie (the server) and of course Neneng, the chef/cook and mastermind of the great tasting food. I would definitely go back for the clean, spacious, lovely accommodations and the great food!
Just a few areas for improvement, the garden area can probably use constant trimming. It's really not a big deal. And the water on the beach, we did not swim by the shore coz it did not look very inviting to swim, it was rather murky at that time, with a few pieces of garbage strewn on the shore during high tide. We swam further by the floating bar. Maybe the resort owners can do something to filter out those garbage that's probably coming from the adjacent houses on stilts. Maybe put a barrier or something.
Overall, we had an awesome time! Thanks to all the staff who kept the place clean and for the great food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Precious Garden Restaurant and coffee house offers a warm welcome to all visitors. Sit out under the stars and enjoy the open air ambiance and leafy shade of mature tropical tress when enjoying our food. We are locally famous for our wood-fired oven pizzas and homemade pasta as well as other European and Filipino favorite dishes. We serve bio dynamic rice or fresh baked bread as options with all our dishes. We are confident that our brewed coffee and homemade cookies are the best on the island of samal. Our little fine hotel is located 10 minutes from the ferry landing in Babak / Samal Island. The tropical garden restaurant is a nice start in the morning and the white beach good for sundower. We offer many trips, also free shuttle servive to an islet named Sanipaan (Vanishing Island). Diving trips, snorkeling tours, inland tours (Bat Bave, Hagimit Falls, etc.). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Precious Garden Samal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Precious Garden Samal Hotel Samal Island
- Precious Garden Samal Davao/Samal Island