“Instant Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Samal Island
Isla Reta Beach Resort
Quezon City, Philippines
“Instant Paradise”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A one-hour boat ride from Davao wharf, you'll reach Talikud Island in an instant. We rode the habal-habal from the port to Isla Reta for 20minutes. The beach is good, the sand is very fine. The view however is not that spectacular because it is fronting the bigger Samal Island. We didn't book for a room in advance so we ended up renting for their tents and we basked in the beachfront. Food is good and average on price. Expect much crowd during peak days and season and there is not enough plenty room.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms in advance esp. in weekends.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank xChaLeex

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went here for a day trip in February 2012. I really don't have much to say about the rooms as I spent most of my time swimming in the beach. The tables lined up near the beach were perfect for lunch. I would definitely visit the resort again for the beach.

Date Reviewed:

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Cat2127
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Like what my friend said, the view of the beach, the nearby Samal Island, and the shore line is picturesque. At 75php/person entrance fee it's worth a visit. The current and the wave is negligible. Personally, it's good for a day tour but not ideal for long stay. The prices of food/commodities are quite expensive. They offer a generator for a fee. The service is a so-so. I am not sure if it's a because of the partly cloud weather, but their staff need a refresher on how to build rapport. :P And they don't communicate through email or text. We tried calling them on cp but no one answered.

*The resort is located in Talicud Island which is roughly 1 and 45 mins boat ride, 80php/head, from Sta. Anna Wharf, Davao City. From Talicud Island wharf (Sta. Ana Wharf), it's just 10 minute walk.
*Coming from Samal Island, it is around 20mins boat ride, 20 or 40 php/person, but you would have to wait until the boat is full with passengers. Otherwise, you can charter the boat for 300/400php, one-way, depending on your negotiation skill.
Last trip from Talicud back to Davao/Samal is 3:00pm

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank AGV_1419
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

they have a good view in this place but you can't imagine how bad was the service, I went to that place with my bro & bestfriend's on January / 5 / 2014 , I stayed there for a day & had too much problems to handle
I called them on January the 3rd to book a concrete room with a fan & when I got there I was told that all concrete rooms were taken so I had to stay in a wooden room with no fans with a very humid atmosphere & we had to wait two freaking hours just to get that room

oh wait, their restaurant's service was very bad
we had to wait for almost two hours just to get our orders & by the time we got our order, it was cold
we had three meals, imagine how much time we wasted !

Summary:
-EXTREMELY POOR communication
-VERY slow staff
-sorry for saying this but their service is the WORST

NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT PLACE!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
10 Thank Michael W
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Because of several good reviews, I decided to go and try out the beaches in Samal, particularly Talicud Island's Isla Reta. Traveled through air, land and water. Most reviews say it was really great-the sand, the beach.It was okay, not the best. It has a long stretch of shoreline filled with pebbles and dead corals. I'm not sure if it was a result of the typhoon. I was expecting a fine sandy beach where I can sleep under the sun and peacefully relax. Since it was a weekend, several visitors come and go. And unfortunately, the boats were stopping over right in front of me, blocking my side of the beach.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Anna E
qc
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I came to isla reta with my kids ages 15, 13 and 6. We had so much fun with the white fine sand. Island is not yet developed and had no electricity during the day. we didnt mind because we were enjoying the beach. It was an experience to get closer w nature. Sheeps and horses would frequent the yard. It was peaceful and quiet. You could only here crickets and the waves at night. Utensils can be rented if you preferred to cook (we bought seafood before taking the boat to the island). They also offer bfst-lunch-dinner. They may not offer the best
accomodations but the island was paradise.

• Stayed March 2013
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I don't know how many times we've been here as we keep coming back to this place for almost five years. Everytime we go back it keeps on improving. This is my top "go to place" in Davao. It's like a little boracay. The downside is you need to make an effort to go to this island. Isla Reta is located in Talikud Island which is a 45 min (approx or may take longer) boat ride from Davao City. The boat leaves around 8am from Davao City. Take note that sometimes the boat is unavailable so you need to make other arrangements or wait for another boat to leave the pier which will take forever as they will wait for the boat to be filled with passengers before it leaves (may take several hours). Then you need to go back to Davao City by 3pm since this is the last trip. So better ride the earliest trip you can find so you can stay in the beach longer. Don't forget to make reservation as well for the last boat trip. In terms of the food, you can bring your own or buy there in the island for a reasonale price. Day tour is 75/ head and rent for open cottages or picnic table under talisay tree is free. Boat fare is approximately 70. The beach has a long shoreline thus you can find your very own quiet spot.

Warning this is not a high end resort. You may need to lower your expectations and just enjoy the beauty of nature!

Room Tip: I do not recommend staying here overnight since there's still no electricty unless you are okay...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family