“a white sand beach in Davao” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isla Reta Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Samal Island
Isla Reta Beach Resort
Davao City, Philippines
“a white sand beach in Davao”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I don't know how many times we've been here as we keep coming back to this place for almost five years. Everytime we go back it keeps on improving. This is my top "go to place" in Davao. It's like a little boracay. The downside is you need to make an effort to go to this island. Isla Reta is located in Talikud Island which is a 45 min (approx or may take longer) boat ride from Davao City. The boat leaves around 8am from Davao City. Take note that sometimes the boat is unavailable so you need to make other arrangements or wait for another boat to leave the pier which will take forever as they will wait for the boat to be filled with passengers before it leaves (may take several hours). Then you need to go back to Davao City by 3pm since this is the last trip. So better ride the earliest trip you can find so you can stay in the beach longer. Don't forget to make reservation as well for the last boat trip. In terms of the food, you can bring your own or buy there in the island for a reasonale price. Day tour is 75/ head and rent for open cottages or picnic table under talisay tree is free. Boat fare is approximately 70. The beach has a long shoreline thus you can find your very own quiet spot.

Warning this is not a high end resort. You may need to lower your expectations and just enjoy the beauty of nature!

Room Tip: I do not recommend staying here overnight since there's still no electricty unless you are okay...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EllaDG

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Your one hour cheap boat trip to get here is worth dipping in this place! I swear! The employees are very nice too, you may contact them and you will be answered by one nice employee. Food may be quite pricey, for example, one breakfast set costs P150 (I ordered longanisa with egg, rice, and coffee) but they're okay. I like that they didn't turn the place into a much civilised one. I prefer places close to their natural state (they have nice simple cottages though lol). Gosh, the sand's so soft which won't give you blisters. I slept on the sand which was so relaxing! The best of all, the fishes are close to the shore. Don't forget to bring some bread, goggles, and snorkels!

Room Tip: bring watershoes and your lovely pet, they allow pets :) be responsible though, pick up your pet'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ProjectAlice11
Manila, Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to Sta. Ana Wharf at 8:30am and the boat service of Isla Reta is there. We left the Wharf at around 9am. In 45 mins we are in the island and the fare is 80pesos per head. The entrance fee for day tour is 75pesos and i stayed in the bench under the talisay tree for free. The sand is so white and crisp. Their lunch menu is ok but the price is kinda costly because they are in the island duh. The attendants are nice and hospitable. The beach is clear and you can do snorkling because there is a small reef and you may see diff fishes. I went their Friday there are lot of people however the shore line is long that i stayed in a very quiet spot. I laid in the sand all afternoon the sand is cold. I swear im inlove in that place. there are seashells that crawls i am not sure of the right term but hey it was a good expirience that i can touch them. The boat left at 3pm going back to Davao City. oh btw their CR are well mantained but there are no electricity for a certain time. You may also bring your own tent! Nice place for Wedding Proposal i guess.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Yuna Y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I already visit this resort with my cousins... and its so nice... actually my grandma was from their in Sta. Cruz Talicud Island... every Christmas, New Year and Reunion pamupunta kami dyan for vacation and get relaxing... so I hope me and my classmates in our farewell... dyan namin i celebrate..

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Markiey
Davao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Since we first went to Isla Reta last October we have returned there twice more. The resort still has it's charm and welcome and my comments in my first review still stand good.One thing that has changed is that the rice served there is now hot all day. The videoke was'nt working when we visited this last time, apparently broken but I think that they heard my singing the last time I was there and they turned it off so that I would'nt subject their customers to pain, lol.
I still recommend this resort highly so give it a try,we are already planning our next trip there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ukjeprox
Tagum City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We've been here last month,with my family and it was worth the money, and time. At first we had to decide on which boat ride we would take, either the a.) the first water metered taxi(first in the ph.,travel time would atleast take 20-30 minutes) or b.) public ferries w/c is cheap but you'll travel for atleast 1hr. We choosed a.) though its very expensive yet its also worth the money.upon reaching isla reta,you'll notice that the color of the water changes from dark blue,light blue to aqua marine.thats how you will know that your already near the island.the place was peaceful and water was crystal clear,rooms were less expensive(yet needs a lot of improvement especially the shower,the water is salty) but overall the place was very nice,you should try it,highly recomended for those of you who wanted to spend less but wanted to enjoy much. Promise to be back here..=)

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marcus_linc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Well I love the place its a paradise a minutes aways from the city their bangkas crew are all well trained and nice and so with the resorts staff and crew ...everything is very affordable in the resort ...the place is clean, then during day time there is no electricity so you will enjoy the nature and the place...

• Stayed November 2012