“Best service in Bali.”
Review of Rumah Cantik

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaliasem
Rumah Cantik
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from my holiday in Bali. Actually I didn't stay in Rumah cantik this time as I was in Seminyak area.
I haven't wrote my review about this hotel yet although I have stayed in Rumah cantik many many times .But now I would like to comment. Because I really realized how great Rumah cantik 's service is in comparison with other hotels in Bali. I live in Indonesia for many years. I know the ower, Made and Jette. But to be honest, this review is not what they asked me to or help thier business by rating high.Never.

I think Rumah cantik is one of the most generous hotel in Bali.They offer free coffee, free tea, free drinking water and super flexible service at anytime with such affordable price.
As quite many of reviewers mentioned below Rumah cantik offers beautiful breakfast more than we expect.
Breakfast is not a buffet but you will get the same quality or even better one as pricey villas in Seminyak.
The average hotels in Bali, they are mostly not flexible in thier service and charge us everything. And after all we would realise how much we had cunsumed when we checked out.

The staff is very charming, kind, helpfull and willing to serve. I even feel embarrassed if I ask staff to do something for me. They stop what they do and immediately come to help. Also they are good chef.Don't forget to ask for Balinese dinner!

I shouldn't mention only good things. On the minus side for me is....maybe two things. But these are maybe only my problems.
Rumah cantik is normally full, especially high season. I can't get a room unless I book months before.
The other thing is.... Rumah cantik is located far from airport.-for me, not very nice to make a weekend trip as everybody who lives in Jakarta does in south area.

The concept of Lovina holiday is simply relax.
Rumah cantik has a tropical garden that always unwinds me with scent of greens from urban life in Jakarta.
I don't say that Lovina is always the best palce for everybody but depends on what you like to.
If you love shopping or clubbing don't go to Lovina but to seminyak. But if you totally want to get out the hectic surroundings but still want to have western service, Rumah cantik will be the perfect choice for you:-)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mikoyama

Reviewed June 6, 2014

It was our second stay at this delightful small hotel which has beautiful gardens, a pool and views of rice fields from our upstairs room. The staff are outstandingly good - they are genuinely friendly and willing to help in any way. We needed a rest, stayed for a week and were totally pampered. Beautiful airy room with aircon, brilliant breakfasts brought to the room, delicious "dish of the day" dinners and cool drinks any time we wanted. Thank you Jette, Made and staff for making our stay so delightful.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have views of rice fields.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were travelling in Bali for a month, staying at budget places and 5 stars hotels...but staying at Rumah Cantik was definitely the highlight of our Bali tour. I can only agree with all the things who has alredy been said about Rumah Cantik.
It feels like your home away from home - but still with the feeling of privacy and luxury. - for sure I will be back - and next time for a longer periode.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great staff, Jette is the hostess you dream off. She arranges everything with a smile, dolphins watching ( 6 am!), massage, cooking lessons, diving, bookings at nice restaurants up till gourmet level, no problem, she does it. Nice villa, nice pool, close to the beach at 5 min walk. Just go!

Room Tip: The two villa's are more or less the same, nice, complete.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights in July 2013 in room n. 4.
Everything was excellent! The room and the bathroom are very large and spotlessly clean, bed is comfortable, breakfast is abundant and tasty with homemade bread – jam – chocolate – muesli – yoghurt, plus cheese, fruit and juice (look at my picture, and we didn’t ask for eggs and bacon!) and, if you want, they serve it in the privacy of your balcony.
The staff is very kind and always smiling. The owners, Jette and Made, are wonderful hosts.
Location is good: it’s not far from the beach but in a quiet area.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Once again we visited Lovina & once again we stayed at the wonderful Rumah Cantik. This visit we stayed 10 days & for five of these days we had several friends staying with us....who were also sad to leave. During our stay the staff cooked a wonderful Balinese dinner for us, we went out early one morning & visited thee dolphins, shopped a little and generally pampered ourselves withy many massages at the lovely Spa Agung.

We cannot compliment the staff enough -- breakfast was prepared a time of our choosing, with wonderful local fruits, cooked meals, fresh toasted muesli & homemade bread.

Jette, Made & their wonderful staff made our holiday visit to Lovina a special treat ....thankyou to all at Rumah Cantik.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks at this wonderful hotel, situated in the village of Kaliasem in the Lovina area. At the end of a small lane among chickens, pigs and the villagers you will find this pearl of a hotel behind a tall wall and a gate that reveals a true tropical paradise once opened. The hotel is owned by a warm and hospitable balinese/danish couple(Jette and Made) who are extremely serviceminded and more than happy to assist you in planning activities in the area. The staff is the most friendly and helpful that I have ever met. Together they make the atmosphere so warm and homely. The hotel itself is something special - the tropical garden with the pool and pavillions embraces you in a way so that you wish you could stay forever! The breakfast served at your private terasse/balcony or in the pavillion in the garden is out of this world!!! And make sure you try the balinese dinner - absolutely delicious!!! Nice rooms, a beautiful garden and delicious meals does not make a perfect holiday - the people does!! I assure you that the people in this lovely hotel really will make your holiday!! :-) I recommend Rumah Cantik to everybody I know (and don't know ;-)) and I know for sure that I will be back.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaliasem
The Damai
Starlight Restaurant & Bungalows
Lovina Oasis
Lovina Oasis
#1 of 55 in Lovina Beach

Been to Rumah Cantik? Share your experiences!