3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$275
Priceline$292
eDreams$292
1,101 results
All reviews game drives vervet monkeys watering hole safari lodge big cats bush dinner ceiling fan pasta station water hole nature walk indian food gift shop first stop buffet style dining area mount kilimanjaro early morning
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

We stayed at the Sarova Hotels chain throughout our safari and were never disappointed. Food at all of the locations is buffet style and only at designated times throughout the day. This is never a problem as all of the times correspond to game watches. The staff at all of the locations are top notch. We love that the hotel has local tribes come in multiple times during the week for dancing and educational presentations. If we were to go back on safari, we'd definitely consider staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

Returned from an expert safari with Somak, Charles the captain driver, made our memories, experience and politeness all the way. Taking routes only an experienced guide could decide. The park had hidden gems.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SerenaHotels, Manager at Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to review and share your wonderful experience about your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time during stay with us at Amboseli Serena and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed game viewing with your guide Charles

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to hosting you again in future.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Amboselli was in our list of places for a long time and serena resorts was our first choice. I always liked a place inside the park gates (no particular reason) and the pricing was reasonable. Its a relaxing place , Worth visiting if u like mountains and elephants.

The ambience was “African” if i can call it so. The kalabash lanterns stole the show.

The hotel grounds are well maintained and you could also find elephants wandering close by.

Rooms are clean and comfortable but the views could have been better managed. Rooms on the right wing were behind trees with no views. For some reason they havent utilised the place to get a view of the Kilimanjaro ;)

Food was good, but nothing special. Had a good choice of desserts and salads. Staff are friendly and willing to help.

Trip type: Traveled with family
SerenaHotels, Manager at Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time during stay with us at Amboseli Serena. We are glad to hear that you had a clean, comfortable room, nice food and good staff who took good care of you.

We have taken note of your comment on the view of Kilimanjaro from your room and mangement will find ways to improve to be able to have a clear view of the mountain.

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Avoid this place is you are a photographer. The drivers are the less experience ones that I ever came across both in Africa and Asia. They have absolutely no clue how to position the car and how to predict animal behavior. Seeing animals with them is pure luck. On an empty road they drive you at 20 km/h only to take your time... unless it’s drive to drop you off at the airstrip, when they drive at full speed w/o any issues.
Resort wise it’s on the average - definitely not worth the money. There’s a lot of monkeys that steal stuff from your room if they see the possibility and don’t be shocked if you’ll see a bug here or there - including the food hall. Beds sre nice, no problems with hot showers.
Food - the variety is nice and there’s a lot of different options. Though, having a faint stomach I can’t say that the food is 100% fresh as I had some stomach problems throughout the whole stay. There’s no free water available for any of the meals - bottle costs $3.
Summing up - I really feel cheated by this place and their staff. For sure will come to Amboseli but never again will use Serena chain for any of my safaris.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sorgreb

We are glad to hear that you had comfortable and nice room and the food was good.

We have taken note of your comment on the issue of our driver guide during your game drive. Management will address it to ensure it doesn't happen again in future including giving adequate training.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to hosting you again in future for a better experience

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

If you're planning a stay here, I hope you are coming for the location and not the accommodations. The locations is right in Amboseli National Park, an amazing viewing location for elephants. You can sit at the back section of the lodge and see elephant families walking in the distance. The surrounding scenery is full of wildebeests, zebras and Maasai cows. The grounds are also nice to take a stroll through.

The rooms themselves are fine, clean and have everything you need, nothing fancy. What I found odd was that you cannot sleep with the windows open as the screens are too big and allow certain bugs through AND the ceiling fan is located outside the netted bed area and the bug netting prevents any breeze the fan makes from actually reaching the bed.... making for a very warm couple of nights sleep. Having done safaris before I understand the lack of AC but I do not understand this strange design of the fan not actually hitting the sleeping area. I was there in Feb, not even the hot season.

The food was Ok, as a vegetarian I have learned that in Africa that means salad, pasta or Indian food (which I don't eat) so I always pack protein bars. A note to hotel management, open a can of beans and throw them in the salad bar, plain beans no sauce.... The fellow meat eaters on the trip had similar sentiments "the food could be better".....

The staff was very nice, tried to be helpful, always polite and friendly. Another thing to note is that the rooms do not have safes and I felt that these were the least secure rooms I stayed on while on my 2 week trip, causing most of my travel mates to carry all important documents with them at all times, a safe per room would not be a huge investment and would make customers much more comfortable leaving items behind.

All in all a good place to stay and an amazing experience organized by the Tauck tour company.

Trip type: Traveled with family

I am also very delighted to hear that you had a good time during stay with us at Amboseli Serena. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and clean room and a great view of animals from the lodge.

We have taken note of your comment on the ventilation of the rooms and management will improve on the wire gauze at the balcony doors so that you can be able to leave your balcony door open for better ventilation without mosquitoes and other insects being able to enter your rooms. We shall also address the issue of fans so that there is adequate ventillation