“Very nice!”

Ellis Gourmet Burger Maasmechelen
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Maasmechelen
Cuisines: American, Street Food, Belgian, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving one day together with our guests the perfect burger
Schagen
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just opened in november 2013, so when I visited Maasmechelen Village (an outlet shoppingmall) I was really curious. Always looking for hamburgers (meat for bf, vegetarian for me) but we weren't familiar with this name, Ellis. Turns out they have a small chain in Belgium, learn something everyday.

Service could be quicker, but the place was pretty much packed when we sat down (1pm) the seat we took was the last one.
As I said, it took over ten minutes before someone attended to our table (or even acknowledge we were there) and I thought that should have been sooner. But looking around the place and checking the menu...I wasn't annoyed at all. Also, when the waiter arrived he was nothing but polite and pleasant.
I ordered a chocolate milkshake which came swiftly (very tasty also, but at €5,- a bit more expensive than I'm used to) and after that, I decided on the portobello-burger which came after ten to fifteen minutes. Great burger, fries and the coleslaw salad were very good. Portions weren't big, but we were satisfied with the meal on a whole, it was just enough.
Overall a great burger place like the ones you see popping up all over every city, with an american concept. Good (fast food) at a reasonable price. Would love to visit again.

• Visited November 2013