We stayed for 3 nights at Belfers. The cabins are very modern - the word "cabin" can evoke a very rustic impression, but these cabins aren't rustic. Large-screen tv, modern heating/air conditioning, jacuzi, etc. The kitchen has a full-sized refrigerator, sink, & microwave. There is a hot-plate just outside the front door along with a couple of pans where you can cook. There is a restaurant in the moshav, be we didn't try it. One of the residents will cook and deliver dinner - we did try it, and it was very good and reasonably priced. There is a grocery store where we purchased breakfast foods (eggs, milk, etc) and we made out own breakfast daily.
The moshav is quite large, which isn't initially obvious. It includes the largest date tree farm in Israel, among many other crops.
Ya'akov and Michal run the cabins and do a fantastic job - always available for any issues.
The location is about 20-30 minutes away from the Dead Sea beaches, and is an ideal quiet location if you don't want to stay in one of the high-end resort hotels - which we did visit. The "resort" hotels at the Dead Sea were definitely NOT the kind of place we'd want to stay (the clientele at these resort hotels were anything but "high end"!) - Belfers is a much better choice.
Belfers is HIGHLY recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belfer's Dead Sea Cabins are located in Neot Hakikar, a small peaceful village by the Dead Sea, overlooking an amazing desert landscape. Our wooden cabins are the best option for private accommodation in the area. The beautiful cabins are suitable for couples or families. Each cabin includes a bedroom, gallery with 3 children's beds, living room, satellite TV, attached bathroom with Jacuzzi bathtub and a small equipped kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belfer's Dead Sea Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belfer`s Dead Sea Cabins Hotel Neot Hakikar
- Belfer's Dead Sea Cabins Neot HaKikar, Israel