All reviews small pool king bed air con fishing boats small hotel beach sellers dolphin watch wonderful stay the hustle and bustle dolphin trip gus nyoman sandy ocean bali villa dolphins
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is perfect to just relax and is a great price. I stayed with two of my friends and although it wasn't a resort, it had character and a personal feel during the entire stay. The owners, Sandy and Gus, were great hosts and even drove us into the village a few times. The staff was amazing. Just as an example, we bought strawberries one day and asked if they could wash them. The staff ended up washing them, cutting them and serving them on a plate for us. And they even opened up breakfast a half hour early when we had to meet early for the tour The food was delicious. The villa is right on the beach which has amazing sunsets to watch. Just a note, the room that we had the bathroom was kinda of outside (had walls but there was a space in between the walls and the roof). We weren't expecting it and there was a few bugs because of it. But overall our stay was exciting and relaxing. I will definitely go back if I ever go back to Bali.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank S G
Reviewed August 12, 2012

What to say!! Great food, ballinese as well as western dishes...simple and tasty. Greek salad !! perfect after many rice dishes!! Accommodation simple but all that is needed. Clean bathroom, clean beds, fans that work and balcony over the pool area. really lovely.
Had yoga upstairs above the restaurant - ideal to look out at the sea, stretch and relax! perfect.
Owners very friendly but not in your face or pushy.
Not plush but we'd come back very happily!

Room Tip: Upstairs - have a chair facing the mountains behind the villa.... front faces pool and little seaviews...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank renee1234
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed one night with kids. This is a slightly aging hotel (although recently renovated) with somewhat threadbare bedding but the rooms are clean, there's a fan and A/C, and a fridge with very well priced beverages. There's a small pool, but our kids skipped it to spend almost all of this time on the beach (which is directly in front of the lounge chairs and restaurant, and so is fantastic for parents of kids you want to keep an eye on). Gus and Sandy were extremely friendly and helpful, as was Neuman the chief of staff (?).

Room Tip: If you have kids go for the family room, which has a king and a set of bunk beds
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pomacentrus
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Good location, good service, clean, unique bathroom. Really worth it. Will I come back here if I visit Lovina again? Of course! The beach in front of the hotel is clean. However, to the sides of the beach, there are local villages, and the beach itself is a bit dirty. Basic amenities are in here, the only thing missing is TV, shampoo and safe deposit box (I don't need them). They'll arrange for you if you are interested for snorkeling and dolphin watch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Edwardkusuma
Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was a nice surprise to find a place actually living up to the photos you see posted on the internet when booking. Even though I only spent one night at Lovina I can definitely say this hotel is a lovely place where I will stay again when I come back to Bali to experience the north and west of the island. Right at the beach, quiet (except for the waves that is), clean, very friendly and attentive staff, and all for a very reasonable price. When I wanted to pay for the room in the morning and didn't have enough money (they don't take cards) they put their trust in me and let me drive off in search for an ATM with the promise to come back with more cash. Thanks for a good nights rest in a comfy bed.

Room Tip: I liked my upstairs room with the balcony in front of it, view of rice field one side, view over couryard and pool other side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo