All reviewssmall pooldolphin tourair conking bedfishing boatsbeach sellerssmall hoteldolphin watchwonderful staygusnyomansandyoceanbalivilladolphinsbeachside
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on my first solo trip........ I just love this place!!! Fantastic smiling and helpful staff, great friendly owners and lovely accommodations.
I just love the upstairs library on the beach and spent many hours here reading and relaxing.
The restaurant is very good with a great, varied menu and the girls in the kitchen are fantastic cooks. I ate all but 3 of my meals here.
This is a great value for money hotel and I will be back to stay again in April 2012 with my partner as part of my "Big 5 0" birthday trip :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LeeV1
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My family spent a very relaxing couple of days in Lovina. Villa Agung felt like a home away from home, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the owners couldn't do enough for us. Restaurant was wonderful, some of the best food we had in Bali.

Room Tip: Try and book the apartment if you are travelling with kids as there is a TV.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kis67
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This place is our favourite place in Bali...Villa Agung and it's location.
Just 6 rooms and 1 villa and we have stayed in the double room upstairs with extra matress, the family room downstairs with king bed and bunks and the villa this trip with sofa style bed that you pull out and turn around....and bunks.
The Villa has table and chairs and a plasma tv. We chose this as we were there for 10 nights (not long enough for us) but the family room was just as lovely.(no tv).
The hotel has security. They are so attentive that if I were still sitting out at night, they bought me over a mozzie pot.
The staff in the kitchen (that also clean the rooms, about 9 girls) are just gorgeous.
They are the best cooks.....especially Ani. Sandy gives them recipes and goes over them with them and wow can they cook.
I am sure Sandy was a master chef in a past life, she knows her food.
They all love and look up to Gus too and it's lovely hearing his cheery voice in the morning.
The Pool is small, but so is the hotel. It's just lovely being in it cooling off and gazing up to all the frangipanis. One day I gathered them all up and sat them on the side of the pool and took photos.....just gorgeous.
Gus has a kayak that he cant manage anymore...but husband and daughter took that out in the shallows and thoroughly enjoyed.
Daughter went snorkling for the first time with a fellow guest and once you get past the first section of the water....she said it was quite clean and she found plenty of blue star fish to look at.
This hotel is not posh or pretencious......it is comfortable and homely and the decor is very lovely.
We got a lift in to Lovina with Gus and Sandy and caught a bemo back
We got a lift into Singaraja once.
We also had our driver Leo take us to the foundation in the village that we sponsor with.
He also took us on a half day trip to the hot springs and the Buddhist temple.
Apart from that, we never wanted to leave the hotel......in 10 days.
We thoroughly enjoyed reading, swimming, beach walks in both directions and daily massages with the 2 Mades and Wayan.
They were so appreciative of our daily business, they gave us fruit.
We also enjoyed a bit of beach shopping.....because it's easy. Sarongs, carving, jewellery, ikat throw rug, table runner, pashmina and we even bought Kebayers.
We loved catching Gus and Sandy at the beach bar about 5pm each night for a drink.
This is my third review, so I will leave it at that....but I will add that I cant wait to get back.
Villa agung....you rock !

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank WSAH
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Villa agung is 2 bemo stations from lovina (5000 rph/ pers) but has a good location if you're looking for something quiet and it' s right on the beach. the rooms are average but the bathroom was renovated and looks good. Mt Agung it can be seen from the balcony and looks breathtaking. we stayed here just 1 night but it was ok.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Very suitable for travellers looking for cozy and homy stay in Lovina, Bali. The location is a bit far from crowds, good for meditation. Helpful Nyoman, head of villa, and timely strict owner Gus, but overall nice hiding place. I stayed with my family for 5 nights, the kods are happy, playing sand on the beach of its backyard.

• Stayed: December 2011