1,193 results
All reviews beach bar beach suite deluxe suite lovina bali mountain view heliconia restaurant private pool an upgrade main pool main restaurant star resort beach front free shuttle kids club garden villa shuttle service the hustle and bustle
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

After reading quiet a few reviews about Bali, we decided to split our stay in Bali between north and south. The Lovina resort came across as a nice place and we had booked the same for a 3 night stay.

We went to north Bali after landing in Denpasar airport at 3 pm. So by the time we finished immigration and came out and boarded the cab, it was 430pm. Good that we had booked for a cab directly with the resort - the driver was waiting for us and it was a nice cab - very clean, nice A/C. It was a very long drive and we reached the resort by 8pm.

The property was pretty large and nice in a convenient location in north Bali. Quiet a few markets and restaurants nearby - the hotel provides a free shuttle to the central market area and a call from around the place, you get a pick up almost in 5 to 10 minutes - that’s cool.

The rooms were well appointed in different blocks - one and two bedroom villas and suites separately. We had booked a 2 bed room suite and were allotted one just a stone’s throw away from the beach and the pool. The suite had a large patio, a living room, kitchen cum dining and 2 bed rooms. The kitchen was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave oven, few basic vessels and cutlery. The bed rooms were just right for 2 regular and 1 small bed, a TV stand and wardrobe - could have been a little bigger but not a concern at all. The bath rooms were big enough with a separate shower, toilet and wash basin area.

The property had couple of restaurants with mostly local cuisine and a bit of western cuisine. Taste and quality was really good. For vegetarians, the options were limited in the menu card however the hotel was nice enough to customise quit a few vegetarian dishes for our family.

The swimming pool was quiet big - there are couple of pools and hence you have a variety as well. The one close to our suite had depth ranging from 3 feet to 7 feet. You have to reserve your pool loungers before breakfast on a busy day - place a book or your swim wear or a t shirt :-) Our room was right next to the pool and hence we did not have any problem in reserving one for us.

A room tip - we stayed in B1 which was close to the pool but was also tucked in a corner and hence complete privacy. Most other suites in the ground floor opened to the pool and hence you cannot leave the curtains open for most part of the time.

One thing that we were extremely happy with was the kindness of the staff across the board. North Bali being less commercial than south focuses more on personalised attention and hence a very nice experience with all the staff. A big thanks to all the staff for making our visit memorable. Next time when we get back to Bali, we shall spend lot of time in the north than the commercial south.

And looking forward to our next visit to The Lovina as well. Thank you guys ... we love you.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2019

I stayed in this location from July 31-2nd Aug 2018. Weeks before my arrival, I made arrangement with the staff for transfer from Airport to The Lovina, cost USD65. Upon arrival at the airport, I managed to find my driver Indra very quickly. The trip from the airport to the resort was about 2-3hours. We made a pit stop at a coffee shop to try Luwak Coffee.
Upon arrival at the lobby, I was greeted by very friendly staff and was even upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa. The villa even had a private swimming pool so I must have been very lucky to be accorded a free upgrade. The location is good, and I booked a tour for dolphin watching. I couldn't remember the pricing but it should be less than SGD20. Tried out the spa and food options, overall a good place to relax and unwind as I could see a whole patch of paddy field just from the window inside the room. It is far away from city area, feels like a countryside but it's really worth the experience for people who wants to unwind. Will definitely go back again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have the most incredible time at The Lovina. The resort was very modern, beautiful and very clean. The staff were simply amazing. The most polite staff we have come across by far on our package holiday deal. The food is also exceptional and very affordable, especially the Lovina burger! Would love to visit here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019

Wonderful spot - serene and friendly, away from the big tourist crowds of the South, maginificent views and plenty to explore. Could easily spend a week but we only had a few days - dolphin watching was amazing, great location to scuba dive and snorkel...

Room tip: We had a studio overlooking the rice paddies and enjoyed the best of both scenes combined with the sea views of the resort
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2019

We had the most amazing stay at the Lovina in the 2 bedroom beach front villa, which was a lovely relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of the south of the island. From the moment we arrived, it was clear the staff will do everything to make your stay as pleasant and warm as possible. We were greeted by name by multiple staff, who knew when we had spa treatments booked.

I did a yoga session on the first morning we were there, which ended up being a private yoga session and was wonderful - I particularly loved all the included activities like yoga, paddle boarding, complimentary room service, reusable water bottles and filtered water around the resort. It's clear a lot of thought and effort has gone into making this an incredible place to stay.

The half day spa experience was incredible, and I'm just sad I didn't book another treatment earlier before they were all booked up on our last day!

The food is also excellent - the buffet breakfast is incredible quality and there isn't a huge amount of variety, but it changes daily and everything is delicious, particularly the fresh cooked egg station. The food at the beach restaurant was excellent and very reasonably priced. I loved that their specials changed every night.

Finally our room was amazing. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a beach front villa and it exceeded all my expectations. Lounging by our private pool and taking a dip when we got to warm was so relaxing and exactly what is needed for a break from the real world! The rooms were made up twice a day, which was a lovely touch, and are in impeccable condition with everything you could need. The mini bar is the same price as at the restaurant, which is also a really nice touch. The incredible plants and trees in the garden make you feel like you're in your own special oasis, and it's very private.

I can't recommend the Lovina enough.

Room tip: Beach front villas are incredible!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends