“Stunning”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Stunning”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had been to Bali once before and found the pace down south to busy. A friend suggested I go up north to The Lovina. So glad I did.This resort offers everything that you would need.Great food, Cold beer and Friendly staff. The rooms are so clean and the gardens are beautiful. Hired a scooter and travelled every day, So much to see.After a day of sightseeing head back to the pool ( which is massive ) and relax or have a drink at the pool bar. In the evenings you can dine upstairs at the Lovina which overlooks rices fields or walk along the beach to many of the restaurants on offer.I will definitely be returning to The Lovina.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Patrick C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I travel to Bali every year, and this year the trip was a little different as i was meeting him in Bali on his way back from Europe. Normally we would stick to Seminyak, but decided for something different so we traveled to Lovina, on a friends recommendation and we cant thank them enough. After a 3 hour trip in a car away from the chaos down south, arriving at The Lovina resort was a breath of fresh air! Although the resort wasn't completely finished at the time we traveled, and hadn't officially opened (and therefore we received fantastic rates!), the entire place was beautiful. You could not ask for a nicer view to wake up to, with a picturesque crystal clear ENORMOUS pool right out the front door of our room, overlooking the ocean. The resort is close to everything you need when you travel in Bali, shops, restaurants, beauty salons, great bars.

The management were very generous during our stay, and the staff catered to all of our needs. Unfortunately my boyfriend fell ill just prior to our arrival, and a doctor was called by the staff who arrived at our room within 20 minutes, attending to him without him having to get out of bed. Thankfully he was back on his feet the next day to enjoy our stay!

Our room was perfect - clean, modern decor, but still that Bali Feel. It had bathroom, bedroom, full kitchen with dining and lounge, fully stocked with amenities, and a cold beer waiting for our arrival! We stayed in a one bedroom beach suite, but whilst there, were given a tour of all room styles which were amazing!

Although such a quiet and relaxing place, there is still so much to do and places to party at in Lovina. However, my style of holiday is laying by the pool with a book relaxing, eating, a nice cocktail and a walk along the beach. We will definitely be returning to The Lovina on our yearly visit to Bali, and can not wait to see the resort completely finished, and experience the restaurant!

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms by the pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan C
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights in October and honestly wish it was longer. The resort is beautiful and the pool is outstanding , my room was great and right near the pool ! All the staff I dealt with we're friendly and efficient which is a massive plus for me.
Am planning to come back mid next year and wouldn't contemplate staying elsewhere after this trip.
Make sure you get to "Bintang and Burger" night was great fun !

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marty T
Paihia, New Zealand
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed in October,we originally booked elsewhere in Lovina at a place which also ranked very high in Tripadvisor but with no aircon working despite asking to fix it and nothing happening we decided to move on to Amed our next stop.
This was our first time to Lovina though we have been to Bali 13 times we thought we should explore before departing.Thankfully we did as we came across The Lovina which was offering an opening special rate,we moved there into an incredibly spacious 2 bed apartment with seaviews over the pool.This place is new and is absolutely a beautiful place to stay and chill out and the beach in front is kept very clean if a saltwater swim is your preference or the hotel pool is huge if thats what you would rather do.
The staff are great people and do their best to make your stay an enjoyable one,the bar out front is the perfect place to watch the sun go down to another day in paradise.
I went out with a local boatman to try and catch my own fish for lunch and luckily was sucessful,I took it back to the hotels chef and within the hour cooked up a fantastic meal for several of us for lunch,great service.
The big question is would I go back?.In a heartbeat!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy G
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

After the frantic south getting to the Lovina was pure bliss, from the moment I arrived the friendly staff could not do more for me, it was a welcome I much needed to really sit back and relax, which I did wholeheartely.
The resort is outstanding, all rooms/villas with beautiful decor, many of the villas have there own private pool!!!
I was just as happy to swim in the beach fronted pool which is huge.
The spa was fantastic and you must treat yourself to a few massages which left me floating on air afterwards.
The Lovina have themed nights, one which I enjoyed was the wednesday night bintang and burger night, 3 beers and a free burger.
I did not want to leave but sadly all things must end, so with tears in my eyes I bid The lovina goodbye, but will be back again next year.

Room Tip: go for the beachside rooms, but I believe if you book mountainview you will be upgraded to beachside...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Vermont, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Lovina & we were so glad we returned. The resort represents the true Bali. It is right on the beach and surrounded by beautiful lush gardens. The staff are very accommodating & friendly. They have great opening special rates on rooms. We really enjoyed the bintang & burger night on Wednesday. I had an amazing massage by Putri. When I went to make a booking the manager noticed I was pregnant & said there were certain points they would have to stay away from which I was very impressed with. Can't wait for our next trip to this beautiful resort.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank difiore78
Tabanan, Indonesia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stay at The Lovina Bali....Great Place and Great Location...Great Sunset...Nice morning walk at the beach....onething need tobe improve is menu presentation and couple of vegetarian choice....Look forward to stay Back at The Lovina

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thelovina, General Manager at The Lovina, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guests
Just a quick note to say thank you very much for your very positive comments on our beautiful THE LOVINA, right on Lovina beach. I also and especially appreciate …’s constructive comment ref the vegetarian selection at our stunning Heliconia Restaurant and have asked our young Chef to create a few more exciting dishes. And FYI, dear …: Our new Menu Cards will be ready very soon 
Once more, thank you very much to all our guests for your encouraging support, and I hope to see you back at THE LOVINA very soon!
Reiner Volkmann, General Manager, gm@thelovinabali.com