“Had a marvellous stay”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Had a marvellous stay”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked a room here for one night only, as we were on a 3-day trip exploring all of Bali. Too bad we didn't stay here longer. The location is perfect, the staff is friendly, the restaurant served delicious food...
What I liked most about the place was the quiet. No annoying sounds, no music blasting until late at night. Just peace and relaxation. And all this in a meticulously kept setting.
So, definitely a place to recommend!

2 Thank Jan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Damai is first class. Best staff, best location, wonderful kitchen, great concept. Will give you peace of mind and heart, wonderful comfort, and beautiful views. Discreet, silent, soul-full.
We spend 6 days there, and found it - as their tagline says - very hard to leave.

3 Thank mikkelblaabjergpouls
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Damai to destress and it certainly allowed that. The Junior Suite with pool was unbelievably beautiful, and very spacious. The pool was magical. The food was top class!..The only drawback which suited my husband but not me, was that I like the freedom to walk around and explore and to photograph the area. There are many steps there so that was a bit tough for me, and if you wanted to go anywhere you had to get a driver.. I felt a bit isolated, but then that is just me. My hubby on the other hand enjoyed this solitude. The staff are great, the massage was beautiful,and I really cannot fault the resort itself. It was a magical place to be. The airco was noisy although we put it on sleep, and the bats at night stopped me from swimming once it got dark. The gecko finally made it into our room but we were used to him by then... Would I go back there?...no, but that is only because I felt locked in, but hubby would go in the blink of the eye..I might send him off then...:)

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in all levels of hotels in Bali and The Damai has to be one of the best. The villas are comfortable and much like other hotels in Bali.

What makes The Damai special is their staff and the food. You receive personal service that is friendly, caring and individualized for each patron. This kind of service is unique. The restaurant serves delicious food. They grow their own vegetables and herbs on the grounds of the hotel. The chef prepares special meals each day that are fresh and interesting. The menu offers a range of choices. They offer a cooking class where we were introduced to the spices used in Balinese fare. The spa offers a standard range of treatments that add to the relaxation of your stay. At the end of the day you find delicious traditional sweets in your room, not just the usual chocolate. The Damai is delightful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mickiehaas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently returned from Bali. My partner and I spent our last 2 days at the Damai and it was magnificent. My partner had been reluctant to leave Kuta and didn't like the idea of the drive to Lovina but after our stay at the Damai he is raving about the accommodation. The facilities were beautiful, I felt like a princess in the room and the service and staff were outstanding. The food was delicious and I even convinced my partner to take part in the cooking class which we BOTH enjoyed immensely. I would definitely recommend the Damai to everyone wanting a break and some luxury.

Room Tip: There are only 15 rooms (individual villas) in at the Damai and all are completely secluded and very...
3 Thank Strahany
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved the Damai, we stayed in a small villa and found it had plenty of room and all the mod cons you needed, it was beautifully decorated and from the fabulous breakfasts we had in our room to the turndown service at night we could not fault it.
The grounds are lovely and immaculate, the staff friendly and professional, food is excellent and the cocktails far too tempting, we stayed in many places during our time in Bali and this was our little bit of luxury before leaving for home and it was worth every penny we cannot recommend it enough, thank you everyone at Damai for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sally L
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Damai is a completely indescribable hotel with a quit and lovely atmosphere. We had two nights and enjoyed every second. The service is something completely different than you are used to in Bali and the food is fantastic. I will definitely return to Damai again - it is a place you will not forget.

Room Tip: Master pool Villa
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
#8 of 23 in Lovina Beach
The Lovina
The Lovina
#2 of 23 in Lovina Beach

Been to The Damai? Share your experiences!