Rambutan Boutique Hotel
All reviewspools are lovelyhoneymoon villalarge poolstandard roompool and restaurant areahotel ownersmain poolwalking distance to the beachnoodlesdrinking waterstayed here for two nightsrestaurants and barscooking classbalinese massagethe main roadfresh juicebreakfast was included
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Staff friendly, rooms clean, and I most like the room toilet decoration... Breakfast tasty... only five minute walking to the beach for dolphin tour.... Near by market and restaurant and spa also... I will be back the rambutan resort on next year Bali trip...

• Stayed: April 2013
Richard H, Owner at Rambutan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we see you back one day.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm currently sat in the covered, open air restaurant at breakfast, writing this review. We are staying for 3 nights and I'm so glad we chose this hotel. The grounds are stunning, it's quiet, clean and very friendly. We have chosen a deluxe room, which is situated by the larger pool, at the rear of the grounds. This does seem quieter and is close to the restaurant. Our room is large, clean and well equipped. It is a little dark, although this helps to keep things cool. Breakfast is good, with a choice of 5 options off of the menu and good coffee. If there was one thing to improve, it would be to have less chlorine in the pool, although this is a minor thing.

The hotel is situated on a side road, a minutes walk from the main road, although you don't realise this when in the grounds, especially if you are in the rear section, by the larger pool as we are. A 5 minute walk down the road takes you to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the property, nearer to the larger pool and restaurant. They seem quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard H, Owner at Rambutan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back again like many other satisfied customers do. Thank you for pointing out the over chlorinated pools. I did a check after reading your review and found that the pool boys were indeed using too much and the amount has now been adjusted.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Perfect getaway in north Bali. Standard room was 35 CAD online and its very clean, quiet, decent bed and nice bathroom. Fan only but does the trick. Dont think I saw 1 bug in the room!Supply of shower and beach towels, with water in room.Staff friendly. Only had breakfast at resto but very good and lots of options. toast fruit eggs, tea/coffee, 1 strip of bacon. Grounds are immaculate. 2 swimming pools in lush gardens. Never too busy and a great bale to lay under to keep of the sun. Only issue is alot of chlorine but better that than dirty! Internet only available in resto or in room charge... Very central location, with restaurants all along the road to the beach. About a 2 minute walk to the beach and cheap warungs for food. 1 street over from the late night bars so good location to stay. Can access the other street by boardwalk on water. Would stay here again -for sure -and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are great but 1 bedroom would have been a bit nicer!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard H, Owner at Rambutan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our place. Am glad you enjoyed the budget rooms we have.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I liked the Rambutan because it was a 5 minute walk to the beach and had a lot of gardens and two pools. There are a few classes of rooms so remember all are not equal when booking. i Stayed in a DELUXE which was clean and i believe it was the middle rate of three room rates/categories.

There is only free wifi at the restaurant and at pool number two. If you want it in your room you can buy a voucher. I skyped to America from the 100% dark restaurant at 10pm and was glad i had a torch/flashlight to step on the paving stones in the garden at this time of night.

I booked a room for two but my travel companion couldn't make it so the front desk clerks just stared at me and asked if i could pay the $50 single room rate instead of the $60 rate for two persons. They indicated that they charged my credit card the day before and they were unable to help. So being penalized financially for my friend getting sick was my problem and not theirs.

Other than being inflexible about this the bedroom was clean. The bathroom is 'bali primitive homemade' which anyone who's been to bali before will understand. A sandstone homemade bathtub and black pebbles in the cement floor didn't make it stunningly beautiful but it was adequate and used local materials commonly used in balinese homes.

Room Tip: Rooms by pool number and restaurant two are nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheZenGuy
Garnet9, Owner at Rambutan Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Regarding my staff not knowing how to refund you the $10.00 extra charge for a double and not a single, as your friend could not come I apologize. If you would like to contact me personally I might be able to refund the $10.00 for you. I was away at the time of your visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The garden and the pool at the Rambutan were lovely for relaxing and escaping the touts cruising like sharks on the street outside. The pool was very clean and the perfect temperature (refreshing but not cold). I enjoyed petting the resident pooches - big friendly dogs called Aragon and Rascal.

The room we used for sleeping in only. It had a large TV, air conditioning and a double bed. The bathroom was dark and dank with non existent drainage on the floor and musty smelling towels. It didn't have a phone or tea/coffee facilities.

Breakfast was included in the price for the room. It was tasty, but portions were not generous. Service was a bit hit and miss. We didn't meet the owners of this hotel, and thus perhaps missed the hospitality that other reviewers spoke about.

Room Tip: A room near the main pool is more picturesque.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KKJ1979

Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and unfortunately I was away during your visit. Yes the deluxe rooms in the new wing are better and have tea and coffee making facilities plus a phone to ring for room service. I guess your towels might not have been dried quite properly due to the wet season but this is no excuse and i am sorry about that and will talk to my laundry staff about this.