The hamsa is located on a hill, 2,5KM from the sea (30 min walk) and 8KM from the city center (a 2/3 hours walk).
The hotel itself offers a nice swimming pool (from with we can seen the sea below) and 6 lovely bungalows.
++++ The view from the hotel is simply amazing and unique.
+++ Food (mostly vegetarian food, with local ingredients (some even from the hotel garden)
--- Impossible to pay via credit card or even foreign currency making it a nightmare to pay the bill (in Baly most ATM will not allow withdrawals of more than 1 000 000 ruppies, imagine if you have to get 8 000 000 ruppies for the bill...). For this reason i dont advise anyone to spend more than 2 nights... perhaps the owner will be more open minded in the future.
-- There are a few dogs which i believe belong to the owner of the place, Not that dogs is a problem in itself but constantly earing barking at almost every meal and every night (2AM, 5AM etc) is making the Hamsa a not quiet at all relaxing and quiet place. Also its always anoying to have them at your feet while eating and sometimes seeing them entering the kitchen...
-- Incomprehensible list of things to do from the hotels: there are more than one list of activities, with different prices and different things to do, for one organized trip in particular I was mentionned three different prices...
- Lack of service from the staff: often have to get the menu ourselves, placing orders directly in the kitchen (the cooks are however lovely and very good at cooking!)
- Prices not including vat and service tax (for food and spa)
In a few words, lovely site (best in Lovina), lovely food (and amazing cook), but a place that badly lack management (ruppies cash only policy, no service, Incomprehensible trip list and prices, noisy place with dogs).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new concept health resort in Lovina, Bali on an unique location. Enjoy the amazing panorama view, the delicious food, Yoga and the Ayuvedic spa all with the feeling of being in a jack johnson video clip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Hamsa Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hamsa Bali Resort Lovina Beach