“excellent service and nice room”

Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel really so nice and clean
-has own private pool
-provide excellent service by staf
-room has all the equipment like hair dyrer, and water filter
-good environmemt to relax as behind is the beach

Room Tip: Can improve swimming pool side as the water got abit smelly
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel is simply amazing!! We were 3 girls, although the hotel is more focused on couples (I guess). Nevertheless we had a great time! The hotel is directly located on the beach. It is a tiny hotel with some really really nice villas. Everything is made with love! :-)

They offer a free shuttle to the city center where you can get amazing local street food. Or you just order at the hotel restaurant. Excellent food & cocktails!! Overall the service is pretty good: helpful and friendly stuff, free wifi, delicious breakfast included, got a breakfast box although service didn't started (as we had to leave quite early in the morning)

The hotel is 2 1/2 - 3 hours from the airport (Denpasar). It's worth going there! During the drive you see so many beautiful parts of Bali you might would not go to.

SIMPLY AMAZING! :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Good location with a large sign in front that you can find the resort when you come from the city.

Staff are friendly. Breakfast is healthy and homy. Rooms have lovely set up in light blue tone which match the beach and breeze.

If we have a chance to stay in Lovina again, we will certainly stay in this lovely and cosy resort : )

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here for a night and specifically changed our travel plans so we could get a room as it was sold out the day we wanted. We arrived and it was beautiful even with a rain storm coming in and we had a lovely plunge in the rain in the plunge pool.

The room we initially were given the air con wasn't working properly and we were moved to a different room after it couldn't be fixed that evening so this was no issue, the new room was equally as nice if not nicer than the other.

The hour live music on the beach in the evening was brilliant, the owners who sing were great and fun and we had a great chat with them after it finished, turned out we were the only ones apart from their family who had flown in at the concert so it felt a very private concert! Something we'll always remember.

The owners then recommended us a restaurant which was brilliant (Warung Apple - Go there!) and there is a driver who can take you for free and pick you up as long as it's before 9pm!

The breakfast in the morning was the nicest breakfast i've had in Asia over a total of over 9 months out here!

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Some plunge pools are more private than others, Room 5 is quite private. Enjoy the breakfast!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Exactly what I wanted!

First & foremost, if you are a cleanliness freak or used to the pampered and comfy life in the modern city...then don't come. And if you are a Singaporean reading this to research on the accommodation in North Bali, ask yourself. Are you ok with the room facilities & nature environment @ Costa Sands? If not.. change your destination cos North Bali or even Bali is not for you. Saying this specifically cos I think it's fair for a review to be written when a traveller's expectations is set right from the beginning. If your pre-travel homework is not even done adequately, your holiday experience will surely fall short below your expectations... Set your objectives: if you are looking to get away from the busy city life and immersed in a simple village lifestyle... Here is definitely the place for you. Pictures speak for everything, check it out!

Following are my most honest feedback based on 5days of stay in Lilin. I have observed that the guests type varies... from honeymooners to families with young children to even solo travelers like me who are seeking for a quiet moment in this friendly town. I have been to Seminyak 5* villa which offers complete luxurious privacy but surprisingly, a boutique hotel like Lilin was able to provide similar experience. Lilin's hotel room may not possess the space of a 3-4room kind of space but being a guest there.. you typically feels like you own the entire Lilin's property & the Lovina beach (which is just a stone throw away from every room!) because the owners and staffs simply makes you feel so welcomed and you are free to wander around or make use of the daybeds, badminton rackets, snorkeling equipments and of course, the plunge pool that's just right in front of your room! Every room is cleaned thoroughly by the staffs every morning as I wonder why there wasn't a single strand of hair in my room/bathroom every time I return from my morning yoga class! The room is equipped with more than basic necessities I would say. The water dispenser is such a thoughtful offering...There's also a medium size fridge which I didn't get to use it.. an electric mosquito repellent.. ample power points (if you are preparing to charge several electronic items at one go ie iPad, iPhone, camera) Perhaps a small tv can be good... for guests who really need to keep up with the news :)

Rikki and Brian are friendly hosts with good vocals as I enjoyed their singing @ the amphitheater which takes place every night without fail. From waking up to overlooking the calming seas to a decent breakfast @ the cafe area..coffee was great and I have minimum 2 cups daily. I am not a fruits person but the caring crew (Kadek and the gals) encouraged me to have the freshly cut fruits to go along with my breakfast and thanks for that as I stay healthy throughout my stay. Bagus, the hotel's driver - one of the best Bali drivers I have came across!

The only complaint I have got is the long journey from Denpasar to Lovina Town... The 3-4 hours car ride can be very tiring..both for the guest and the driver. I am just hoping that a new international airport can be opened very soon which can reduce the traveling hours to less than an hour. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks Lilin - I will definitely return!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I love the villa decoration, strategic location by the beach, friendly live band and the cosy ambience.
However many of us suffered from skin irritation after swamin the pool. Very limited choices on the breakfast and dinner menu.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 86Sharon
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Lilin is a beautifully designed haven right on the beach. Elegantly simple, with creative lighting and unique furnishings and with all the necessary comforts, (gorgeous bathroom with hot shower, air con & comfy beds), including some comforts above and beyond, (own refreshing soaking tub footsteps from our patio AND a complimentary large hot and cold purified water dispenser in the room...a thoughtful luxury for Bali standards!) The food & drinks at Rikki's restaurant was diverse and delicious; a generous "tasting plate" style- my husband had the East Indian plate, & I had the Mexican one...we couldn't decide which was our favorite! The charismatic owners performed music with some local musicians, (though I'm not certain this happens every night...but I'm pretty sure), which was fun and nostalgic. Breakfast was delicious as well...& the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful,( but not overly so, if you know what I mean!) We had a lovely time...& will recommend this place to all our friends and family!

Room Tip: Traveling to Bali in February tends to be less crowded
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple