“Eat, Pray, Love.”
other travelers have booked this property
Guest villa Guest villa- King size bed
Guest villa
Guest villa- King size bed
Bathroom
Outdoor shower
View from guest villa terrace
Guest villa terrace
Terrace
Entry and guest villa
Lumbung
Interior of Lumbung- Queen size bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ronnie Z
“Eat, Pray, Love. ”
Reviewed February 11, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

One night not enough after a busy business trip, felt so relaxed, rejuvenated, after a dew days I would be in heaven (up in the clouds in the wet season). I would go back at any time, including the wet season, so restful and relaxing and suited the stunning location. Enjoyed the drive to Lovina seeing the non populist parts of Bali. Not too far for even a one night stay.
Food was five star, especially the ginger gelato.
Loved the fact the staff were there, non intrusive but attentive.
Swimming in the pool on the hillside felt like floating in heaven and helped me with an eleven hour sleep the night I stayed, there must be something in the air at Villa Patria. Thanks to Mike, Dety and staff.

Feb 19, 2017
Thank you Ronnie.
It was a delight to have you here. Pity you had such a short stay.
We look forward to a longer stay on your return.
Kind Regards,
Cheryl A
“A holiday in Paradise!”
Reviewed October 17, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

From the moment you arrive you will feel welcome, relaxed and happy. Spectacular views, gorgeous accommodation set in superb grounds, delightful staff, elegant meals, your own infinity pool, sunshine and a light breeze. This is the place to have the holiday you have been dreaming about. I can't wait to go back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: They made me feel like a Princess.
Liked least: There is nothing here not to like.
Dec 18, 2016
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Philippa...
Melbourne, Australia
“Tranquility and luxury in bucolic Bali”
Reviewed September 16, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Sitting in an upper tier of a natural amphitheatre in the mountains of northern Bali provides a view to the coast and a vast sky that blends with the horizon of the Bali sea.

Villa Patria’s panorama stimulates feelings of peace and tranquillity, light years away from the frenetic, overcrowded tourist trap in the south of the island.

Up here it’s still possible to hear the local gamelan orchestra practice well into the night accompanied by a frog and gecko orchestra.

There’s no reason to leave the villa because the staff provide quality food and service
in a professional unobtrusive style.

An Asian experience without beggars and touts and the associated hassles.
A space for introspection and relaxation, with a view to infinity.

Steve and Philippa

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the great staff
Liked least: motor bikes
Sep 16, 2016
Thank you for your very kind words Steve and Philippa. We were so happy to have you here and look forward to your stimulating conversation and wit whenever you may return.
Anna S
“Do yourself a favour!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We were excited to stay at Villa Patria as it looked so good in the pictures but were even more delighted when we got there as it exceeded our expectations! Firstly the views and setting are spectacular. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. Set high up on a jungly ravine the views to the coast are dramatic.
Staying at Villa Patria is like staying at a very elite colonial estate as the chosen guest as there is only one guest villa. The main house is very grand and almost like a museum filled with gorgeous antiques and art. Breakfast and dining on the main verandah was very special we felt like royalty.
Probably the best thing about this place is the wonderful staff. Oka the manager is a really lovely charming man who couldn't have made a better guide. An excellent driver and incredibly knowledgeable about the local area and village. As a local he was able to take us all around the area and show us life in the village and the local customs including the amazing clove industry going on all around you.
Ketut and Putu the boys in the kitchen cooked us incredible food!! So delicious and the best desserts I've ever tasted. All the staff were so very lovely and the relaxed, discreet perfect service was unbeatable.
We were very sad to say goodbye and will definitely return whenever we can as it was so very special.
A huge thank you to you all!!
With love the Swain Family.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the amazing people
Liked least: everything was wonderful
Traveling group: Other
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 5, 2016
Dear Anna,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Oka tells me you were a delight to host.
I look forward to your return.
Kind Regards,
winogabon
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“Magnificant set up, a real gem high on the hills over looking Lovina”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The house is one of the nicest places I have ever had the privileged to stay in - a real cultural experience, such fine finishing touches to the traditional home set in the most relaxing lush tropical gardens. The bed linen so soft and silky, the bathroom so cleverly designed with a shower under the stars...all the finest wood finishes, interesting art, loads of books to read, a well thought out little kitchen and a menu and staff that kept us smiling from start to finish. The night life is interesting with an orchestra of frogs and insects creating a real 'lost in the jungle experience' The house is fairly close to a little road and the occasional straining scooter engine reminds one that people are around, but it was never too much. The views are so relaxing I was happy to just sit on the veranda and do nothing all day. Great pool. I cannot think of anything negative, just wonderful !!! Thanks

Liked best: Views and staff
Liked least: having to leave
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 21, 2016
Thank you for your kind words.
I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to unleash our full repertoire of delicious food when next you stay.
Hopefully you may be able to stay longer next time.
Regards,
Tom C
“Heaven in The Hills”
Reviewed August 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and i have just returned from a month in Bali after a low key wedding and booked a number of different spots to stay at around Bali and Lombok. Mike and Dety's Villa 'Villa Patria' was definitely the highlight of our trip and his team lead by Oka and Wayan were nothing short of exceptional. The 5 days we spent there was the only stretch of our trip where we truly felt in honeymoon mode. The food was amazing and the property and facilities beyond any expectation we could have dreamed up.

If you are after a truly authentic Bali experience this area is one of the few that still possess this quality, unspoiled by tourism and home to locals that haven't been overrun by Westerners! You will hear echos of 'Hello' from children as you pass every house as you walk down the hill towards Lovina Town centre. Given Patria is not located in a busy area it also makes the price amazingly affordable. You'll pay almost $1000 US for something like this down south.

I wouldn't put a price on our experience though. Just do yourself a favour and experience it for yourself. I'm sure after you do the review below this will reflect similarly on the place to this one!

Best

Liked least: Nothing
Families with young children
Auntie65
Melbourne, Australia
“Looking for Old School elegance of Bali? .. you just found it.. Villa Patria”
Reviewed July 2, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

From the moment I landed in Denpasar airport and a sign with my name to take me away to Lovina, I was sold. As a frequent traveller to Bali for some 25 years, I have seem many changes, some good and some not so good. I have stayed " down south in many locations from Sanur to Seminyak and love it all. But of late, I have not liked the maddening crowds, and maybe that's a sign of getting older,I was some craving the quietness and calmness of the old days. Don't get me wrong, I love the restaurants, Spas and shopping but I needed some down time as well. A friend recommended a trip to Lovina, some 3 hours away from Denpasar. That's how I found Villa Patria.
The moment the Villa Patria driver met me, put the cases in the car, gave me cool towel and a cold drink, I surrendered to the "journey".. Easy drive through to Bedogul, the spice market area, to the top of the mountains with amazing lakes either side, laughing at the monkeys sitting on the side of the roads like wise old men on the street to sites I had never knew were there, the 3 hours flew past and I sat back at took in all I saw. A quick short cut across the bumpy road through amazing fields of blue Hydrangeas, I knew this was going to be special. We arrived, my bags whisked away to my villa and the hosts (Mike & Dety) waiting to greet me with a cold glass of wine and to answer any questions I may have had. How did they ever find this place? its amazing, In the evening I had dinner on the Balcony with the hosts and they answered any and all of my questions. HEAVEN !!. Daily massages were booked, sun time by the pool, I also visited the many special areas of Lovina using the VP driver at my disposal 24/7. The therapeutic hot pools and sunrise boat rides watching the wild dolphins at play. I did venture out every other day but found myself hoping to get back in time for dinner and time with the Hosts. I'm not too sure what else to tell you except, do yourself a favour and Go to Villa Patria, it is magical. PS I have already booked my next trip to Villa Patria in 3 months time .. Oh and for an other bonus, very few mosquito bites, who knew !

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff and location of the Villa
Liked least: Having to leave
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Jul 4, 2015
Thank you for your kind words Robyn. It was a delight to have you here and we look forward to your return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing