Puri Mangga came very highly recommended by some German friends. We went over the Christmas and New Year's holiday 2013-2014. Though I was concerned about the travel time (40 hours one way from Chicago), the travel time investment was worth every minute. My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. (Next time we will!)
The resort was exactly as described and pictured. We felt like pampered members of the family as soon as we arrived. The staff--without exception--could not have been more welcoming or more professional. We will have very fond memories of Mely and all the staff for many years to come.
We stayed in the villa to the left of the pool (the one with a private sitting area under a thatched hut). The room was well kept and immaculate. The pool area was lovely, and we had a panoramic view of the Bali Sea from our patio. The outdoor shower was lovely and relaxing. The outdoor toilet took some getting used to, but "outdoor toilet" doesn't do it justice--it was entirely civilized.
Though I was initially concerned about the bugs in a jungle setting, I have had more mosquito bites in a single evening in Chicago than I had in 8 days in Bali. And Edgar, our house gecko, did an excellent job of keeping down the bug population in the villa itself. (And he was adorable.)
We had the opportunity to see some of Lovina and highly recommend Kantina 21, though spending quiet evenings in the beautiful "family/dining room" at the resort was also relaxing and memorable.
We've been all over Europe and we've traveled extensively in Asia and North America. Our time at Puri Mangga ranks among the best of our stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your dream vacation apart from the mass tourism in the north of Bali, the Island of Gods.Puri Mangga, a fine and cozy boutique residence, hidden on the hillside 3 kms south of Lovina and surrounded by ricefields and palm trees, is dedicated to offer you some of the finest things of Life: Luxury,Beautiness,Relaxation and great Food.Enjoy a special atmosphere and your soul will be captured for a long time.Experience our Restaurant with one of the best Food in Lovina with an Indonesian/Italian Fusion Kitchen. Our 3 chefs live and work for tasteful cooking and you will enjoy the freshness of our mostly organic food with every sense.The Spa of Puri Mangga offers a big variety of massage and body treatments. After a relaxing massage merge into the flowerbath with an exotic drink and enjoy the fragrances of the flowers and the phantastic view to Lovina Bay and the Chinese Sea.All the products we use in the Spa are natural and organic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mangga Sea View Hotel Lovina Beach
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort And Spa
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa Lovina Beach, Bali