We stayed at Puri Mangga as part of our South East Asia trip in March and April 2013. First of all let me emphasize that this small resort is generally of very high standard and we enjoyed our stay there very much. The area is one of the less touristy places on Bali island. And even within the Lovina area, the Puri Mangga is a little further away from the main area around the beach, about two kilometers up a winding road in the mountains. So from the bungalows you have a stunning sea view in the distance with lavish rain forest right to one`s feet. The resort is certainly not at the beach (which we knew since we did our research before, but don`t confuse the name!). The staff is very polite, attentive and efficient. There are a handful of bungalows on the premises. We chose the one with the private pool which was beautifully appointed and the pool was great, too. But even when you don`t have the private pool bungalow, the general pool area is really nice. So even though this place is mainly frequented by Germans, you don`t have to be afraid of laying ut your towel early in the morning since there is easily plenty of space for all the guests possible by the limited amount of apartments available. The food at the restaurant is certainly one of the best in Lovina (it ranks first on our list, but we didn`t have dinner at the Damina which is only few hundred meters away). Mainly the dishes can be described as tasty, somewhat westernized versions (in a good way) of traditional Balinese cuisine of the area. The best part of the resort is the SPA, which is not only beautiful in it`s setting, but also absolutely amazing in treatment quality. When staying here, you HAVE to use the SPA. It is the best! The only thing we might have criticized (but only on the first day), would have been the fact, that across the valley of our bungalow (which was the most western layed out one) the road up the hill can be heard quite a bit in the night or the early morning hours. This is not the case for all the other apartments as far as I can understand. But the view makes up for it big time and the owners couldn`t do anything about it anyways, so one can get used to it after one or two days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your dream vacation apart from the mass tourism in the north of Bali, the Island of Gods.Puri Mangga, a fine and cozy boutique residence, hidden on the hillside 3 kms south of Lovina and surrounded by ricefields and palm trees, is dedicated to offer you some of the finest things of Life: Luxury,Beautiness,Relaxation and great Food.Enjoy a special atmosphere and your soul will be captured for a long time.Experience our Restaurant with one of the best Food in Lovina with an Indonesian/Italian Fusion Kitchen. Our 3 chefs live and work for tasteful cooking and you will enjoy the freshness of our mostly organic food with every sense.The Spa of Puri Mangga offers a big variety of massage and body treatments. After a relaxing massage merge into the flowerbath with an exotic drink and enjoy the fragrances of the flowers and the phantastic view to Lovina Bay and the Chinese Sea.All the products we use in the Spa are natural and organic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mangga Sea View Hotel Lovina Beach
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort And Spa
- Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa Lovina Beach, Bali