“Our little secret in Lovina”

Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our second time at Bali Paradise - this time in the Presidential Suite. The suite is spacious (114 sqm)- with a very big bathroom - a nice terrace with sunbeds and view to the pool and ricefields. The hotel is very clean and the staff always ready to help with anything.
Great breakfast - a choise between 6 breakfastmenus. The restaurant is very good, we had lunch and dinner there.
The poolarea is nice and clean, and is totally undisturbed. You can have a drink in the poolbar.
You can walk along the Beach to Lovina Center. In Lovina there are several restaurants, shops and lots of tripoffers for snorkling- and dolphintours.
Lovina is a very quiet place, no fancy shops, but if you want great snorkling - relaxation - and want to see the jumping dolphins in the morgning, this is the place.
Bali Paradise is really value for Money - we will be back.........

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Johnny J.,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us in BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and the overall services that we had offered during your repeat stay with us.
And a big THANK YOU from our Staff for your compliments!

I very much hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boiutique Resort in Lovina-Bali soon, and do let me know if I can assist with any arrangements for any future repeat visits.

With best regards to Denmark.

There are newer reviews for Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at Bali Paradise for 5 nights in February and could not have loved it more!

I must admit that when we first turned off of the main road and down the potholed dirt road which leads to the hotel my husband was a bit concerned, wondering at what kind of place I had booked us...but all concerns were dispelled as soon as we entered through the front gate. The courtyard, front desk and lobby area, with its restaurant, cocktail lounge and sitting/gaming areas further back were lovely and inviting. The staff was always helpful, pleasant and very gracious.

Our room was enormous, charmingly decorated, and boasted a huge lanai where we could sit and enjoy a morning cup of coffee or relax on comfortable lounge chairs and take in the view of the surrounding rice fields and the ocean, a few hundred yards away. Our room had a very large refrigerator, nicely stocked, and a good-sized television with a cozy seating area. The bathroom had both a tub and completely separate shower enclosure (again huge!) and the hot water was plentiful. The wi-fi seemed to work without a hitch, both in our room and poolside.

The bed was very comfortable (and already came with extra pillows, which is always nice), the a/c worked quite well and there was a small in-room safe. One night when we were particularly tired we decided to stay in, watch a movie (they have at least one premium movie channel which showed American movies) and order room service. Service was prompt, (the courses were served separately, which was unexpected but very smart) and the food was quite nice.

We had breakfast in the hotel's poolside dining room every morning and were quite pleased with the selections which were included with our room price. (Please note: this is a very small hotel and they don't have a huge amount of staff; dining service was certainly very fine, but it is not speedy. I only mention this in case you are on a limited time budget; going for a quick breakfast still means you should plan on at least 40-45 minutes.)

The pool itself is quite lovely, very peaceful and relaxing. The staff will bring you pool towels or drinks (again, don't be rushed -- it's Bali, after all, not New York) and it's a lovely spot to hang out and read, sun yourself or just enjoy the water. When a sudden thunderstorm forced us inside, we enjoyed a few games of pool (and tasty adult beverages) in the covered lobby area while we waited for it to pass. Very civilized! The also have a nice little reading corner, which includes a small selection of books.

Although children would probably love the pool and surrounding areas very much, and I doubt the hotel would discourage them, I think this is a place which is more suited to couples than families with young ones; it has such a peaceful, romantic air about it and that isn't, of course, what children tend to prefer -- at least not in my experience.

The beach is a short walk down the road, and is within a very manageable walking distance from shops/dining at "The Center" (just follow the beach to the west for about 12-15 minutes and you'll hit it). The water is almost ridiculously calm and warm, and the volcanic sand is black.

You can rent bikes, scooters or a car and driver through the hotel, and they will also happily arrange dolphin-spotting tours or other sightseeing trips for you. There is a spa onsite and the massages I got at the hotel were the best massages I have ever had in my life. (I asked for the same woman both times -- her name is, phonetically, "Maddi Madu", though I have no idea how it is actually spelled.)

The atmosphere on the north side of Bali is very laid back -- very different from the south side of the island -- and Bali Paradise Hotel is a perfect reflection of this: peaceful, laid back, calm and very Balinese. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: There are only 9 rooms -- I don't imagine there is a bad one in the lot!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear “Shanghyper”,

Thank you so much for your lovely, very long review, and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay over 5 nights/6days with us in BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and the overall services that we had offered during your stay with us.
Best regards from all our Staff to you with a big thanks for your compliments.

Best regards to Shanghai.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is one of the better ones we have ever stayed in. It is super clean, huge rooms, great staff and yet only has 8 rooms. There is a large bar, a swimming pool, a restaurant, and other areas, and all is covered in shiny marble and glass. The staff could not be more helpful. It is close to a beach that is not so great, but the North of Bali is so much better than the crowded areas of Kuta.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a bit more for the larger rooms. They are twice the size of the smaller ones and...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Susie,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and the overall services that we had offered during your stay with us, as well our big Rooms, Swimmingpool etc.
And a big THANK YOU from our Staff for your compliments!

With best regards to England.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Although the room and the location of the hotel were very nice, we would never recommend Bali Paradise Hotel in Lovina on family, friends or Tripadvisor.
Already from our arrival we felt pushed to pay immediately.
Because of , after the booking in Belgium , we received an email for thanking for the confidence of giving our credit card coordinates.We found it very unreasonable to ask to pay already at the check-in and never had this before , nor in Bali nor elsewhere.

The manager told us it was the policy of the hotel ( not mentioned in that letter) and according to him, it was the same in Singapore where he (you?) stayed before.
After one month stay in Bali we went to Singapore and stayed there for 3 nights in the Fairmont Hotel ( a lovely place to recommend!) and we can assure that it wasn't the case.
We received the bill after leaving.
We didn't like it at all to be pushed like this and one day before leaving, the card machine didn't work ( ???). So we went to the ATM for cash, but then even it was not posssible to give enough change correctly.

Even in cheaper hotel we never had this attitude!
It really spoiled our stay with you and it was the most unpleasant stay in Bali for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RVMBelgium
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
let me get some things clear and straight which are wrong described here in TripAdvisor from you!
First of all: We do not hide anything (or not mention it) and is very clear stated on anything we publish as our Business-Information (Webpages, Email Info, Booking Vouchers etc.) that every Guest have to pay his Room Rate by Check-In – Read on our Webpage Webpage under clicking on ROOM-RATES – at the end of the page there are stated all our termsConditions.

And when you receive your Online Booking Confimation (Booking-Voucher / Guest describt that as email with “an email for thanking for the confidence of giving our credit card coordinates”) so unfurtunately GUEST did not pay attention to read following text on the Voucher and to open the LINK you get again clear information about cancellation and payment terms:

Text in Booking VoucherGuest receive:

The Cancellation Policy for BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort / Lovina, Bali can be viewed at (here is a LINK which is not allowed to publish on TripAdvisor) If you entered credit card details to confirm your reservation, you have acknowledged reading our Cancellation Policy and your credit card will be charged according to the terms stated
--- open the LINK above in your booking voucher and you can read all terms and conditions ----

Guest acknowledged that he read those informations (!) and accept the booking with all its terms – So, if Guest still dislike that rates have to be payed by Check-In you still have the choice to cancel your Booking with us until 7 days prior to arrival without any charge. (Guest had plenty of time for that choice as we can see at the booking records).

So, why Guest blaim us and writing wrong statement like this: “The manager told us it was the policy of the hotel (not mentioned in that letter)”

What we can do if Guest don’t read accommodatio-contract-informations properly before the finally BOOK or after receive the Booking Voucher to check it twice - and by all do respecte, what big difference it makes when you pay by Check-In or 4 days later (Guest stayed just 4 nights) with your Credit Card?
And to tell here in TripAdvisor that no Hotel is practice this payment rules in Bali (or in the world) is simply false too!
More and more Hotel in Bali get CC facilities and work like this, it was only not common the last decades because this facilities were not available in Bali from Bankside.

And to describe the Singapore Hotel “Fairmont Hotel” (which I know) charge by Check-Out is technical right, because the pass you the bill by leaving but when you Check-In for what the slip your CrediCard – you get CHARGED ! The whole Room Rate amount is blocked at your Visa or MC and you cant use this amount anymore from your Creditlimit – Try it and you will understand or just try to tell on the Frontdesk you want pay by Check-Out and it will be NOT possible whitout giving them your CC, and payment by Cash has to be given also by Check-In and even a deposit for eventual costs for Minibar, Dinner etc.
Believe me – I know a lot of Singapore Hotels, use to stay since years every half year there and I never ever had the privilege to Check-In without paying beforehand!
And btw, nearly all Internet Online Booking Companys like AGODA.com, WOTIF.com etc. are all totally PRE-PAID, you be charged immediately by booking what we don’t do! We take your CC only for secure your booking with us.

We as a small Hotel of course have different Credit Card facilitie, not like huge Hotels which are directly connected with VISA and MC bank, we still have to work simple with CC engine and our House Bank.

I’m as the Manager of Bali Paradise Hotel just only friendly explain our payment terms to the Guest and he went immediately aggressiv and described our payment terms and even my person as “Bullsh**” – this is not the way we Balinese want to talk and we do not even have a word like this in our langguage, but Guest was in very bad mood and didn’t calm down.
I keep remain friendly but Guest not even respond to my “Good Morning Greetings” anymore, so please somebody tell me what you can do further???

And finally, this is luckywise not often happened that Guest have a problem with our payment – to be honest, this was in 7 years, now we have open, only the second time – all our other Guests (and we accommodate a year over 2000) are all happy with all services we provide and understand that a bill has to be payed – thanks to all of them and all the good news about us you can read here in TripAdvisor as a lot of positive reviews about our Resort.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

So, I returned to my lovely Bali Paradise, at the end of January, 2013 and stayed 8 days/7 nights. This time, I booked a 'smaller' Deluxe Superior room and it was about one third smaller than the Presidential Suite (that I had last year), so, it was still a huge room, with a large balcony and it's wonderful views!
Not a lot has changed and the hotel, restaurant, pool and grounds are still in tip top shape. The staff are as lovely as ever, always giving prompt and efficient service, with a smile! There was a Security Guard to check me into my room, during my late arrival, this time. The weather was more humid this time around and the air con was already on in my room, on check in, which was a blessing.
The room facilities were the same, all in working order and everything I needed was there, including a toothbrush, which I AGAIN forgot to take! (What is it with me, forgetting to take my toothbrush to Bali??!)
The breakfast and lunch menus haven't changed and are still delicious and reasonably priced. I ate dinner at/from the restaurant on three nights and as usual, both chefs did a fabulous job, supplying delicious, freshly cooked meals. I had one day where I stayed in my room all day (partially sunburnt legs...don't ask!), so, I ordered room service for all three meals of that day and they were delivered promptly. (Thanks for looking after me, staff!)
I had one massage included in the total price and the woman was so good, I booked her three more times! The price is slightly higher, when booked through the hotel (only 30,000 INR more) but, well worth it, because you can just retreat to your own relaxing room, afterwards.
Not much else to say, other than it's still a fabulous place to stay and I'll be back there again, in 2014!

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room, there's only 9 of them!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Katerina,

Thank you so much for your staying already a second time in our BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed again our facilities and the overall services that we had offered during your second stay with us.
A BIG THANKS and hello from all the Staff to you!

I very much hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you next year back to BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boiutique Resort in Lovina-Bali soon, and do let me know if I can assist with any arrangements for any future visits.

Lovely regards from Lovina, Bali.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We loved this hotel. We only stayed for one night, but it's a great base if you want to stay somewhere nice and quiet. The room was huge, and so was the bathroom. They had put flowers everywhere, on the bed and in the bathroom. Nice terrace with sunbeds. We didn't swim, but the swimming pool looked nice. They had a sort of lounge, with books to borrow. It's a few minutes walk from the beach, and then a nice stroll to the "center". Great places to eat, cheap and very good. Breakfast you choose from 3 options, and was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear “Malaga”,

Just one little thing allow me to correct: We do not have only 3 Breakfast to choose – You missed something: We have Breakfast a la carte with 6 different Breakfast’s to choose – from Continental Breakfast and European Breakfast to local Breakfast’s, and a Healty Breakfast (Muesli-cereal) and even a FILET STEAK Breakfast. You also can check it out over our Webpage under: http://www.baliparadisehotel.com/menu_en.htm

Again thank you very much for staying with us.and I very much hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boiutique Resort in Lovina-Bali soon, and do let me know if I can assist with any arrangements for any future visits.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed 3 weeks in this hotel. Heaven in paradise!
The hotel is small in number of rooms (8?), but the building is spacious and the rooms (we had the family suite) are big, each with a balcony with lounge chairs, chairs and a table, a rack for drying towels and bathing suits, and a view on the pool. The bathroom was more than sufficient (bath tub plus huge shower room). We had a fridge and facilities for making coffee and tea. Bottles of fresh water were provided every day. You are offered the choice: breakfast (or dinner, or snacks, or ....) on your balcony or downstairs next to the pool. Both are nice! Small harmless bats keep most mosquitos away in the evening.
Lots of natural light indoors, everywhere, many beautiful flowers and plants outdoors, and a lovely smell throughout the hotel, everything kept tidy.
The staff is ever so friendly and most helpful. The food is fantastic: we dined in the hotel almost every night because of the truly superb cooking skills of chefs Mozarella and Angkat; do not bother eating anywhere else! The service was excellent (thank you, Sri, Bintan and Blacky!) and the rooms and hotel were so clean that you could eat off the floor, thanks to the hard work of Ebi, Niamprut and Kukik.
Perfect temperature control in the rooms thanks to the airco and big ceiling fans. The beautiful garden and pool area are kept spic and span (good work, Budiasa!) and the guests were kept safe, day and night, by the guards Wirya, Suara and Sudarma. Rijem was always available whenever something in the hotel needed fixing of maintaining.
Last but not least we were offered a free dinner by Manager Made (thank you!).
Dinner, breakfast, snacks and drinks can be taken at the pool or in an air-conditioned area.
The hotel is just a short walk from the beach (practically deserted but unfortunately not very appealing for sunbathing or swimming) and an equally short walk from the village. Friendly and smiling people everywhere, the location of this hotel (in the middle of rice fields) is perfect to unwind and find peace and quiet (sometimes very loud guests can ruin that a little bit), and very practical to go on dolphin tour at 6h in the morning. A must, if only for the fantastic sunrise!
The hotel staff will gladly arrange for a taxi with driver (recommended!) to show you around the island, or to pick you up from/return you to the airport. From the airport to the hotel count a good 3 hours driving; make a stop along the way to feed the monkeys! For the rest: sit back and enjoy the beauty of the island you are crossing, from the very crowded south to the peaceful north.
We will definitely return and hope to re-live the great experience we had last summer!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony with view on the pool, 2 newly built rooms at the back overlook the rice f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Inge and Family,
Greetings from Bali Paradise Hotel – Boutique Resort in Lovina !

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing BALI PARADISE HOTEL to accommodate your holiday and taking the time to write such a long review of our property in TripAdvisor. Thank you also for the Foto’s

We are delighted to accommodate for such a long time in our resort and we are very happy to hear how much you like it and that you will visit us maybe again.

We are also happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our huge rooms, and that you enjoyed the Dinners in our restaurant as well.
Also a big thanks from our Staff and chefs for your compliments. Thanks from Angkat and Astawa and from all the other Staff!
Once again thank you for your continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Bali trip.

Best regards from Lovina, Bali,