“Absolutely not Bali”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Jakarta
“Absolutely not Bali”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Summary - if you are looking for an escape from the heat, smells, textures, flavors and art of Bali this place is perfect. If you want to stay somewhere that reflects Bali this place will be very disappointing.

Grounds - eight room hotel, done in a colonial style, reasonably sized manicured grounds. The hotel is located down a small side street and situated amoungst the rice paddy which makes for a lovely peaceful view. The main drawback for us was that the was nothing in this hotel that hints that it's located in Bali and it felt very much as if it was structured and run to 'protect/shelter' people from the texture, beauty and warmth of Bali.  The security at the front gate, which is generally closed, felt unnecessarily strong and  further removed the grounds and guests from the surrounding village.

Rooms - they are spacious and very clean. The bathrooms are huge and provide all the extras you could possibly need if you forgot your wet kit. Hot water was plentiful and the pressure was strong. The air conditioner was appropriately sized for the room and very quiet. The large balcony overlooking the pool was georgous and supplied with day beds and a chair and table set. We ate dinner on the balcony one night listening to the frogs and the atmosphere was lovely. As with the grounds the rooms are western in appointment and contain little that hints at Bali.

Facilities - large clean pool suitable for lap swimming with two  dolphin water fountains which felt very western. There are lots of lounge chairs near the pool and all come with umbrellas. There is a bar near the front desk that you could find in any Best Western Hotel throughout the United States. They advertise that there is wifi available but it worked poorly in the rooms and was very slow everywhere else in the hotel however they did have two free desktops in the lounge area with good Internet which was nice.  There is a spa available.

There is a restaurant on site. We ran our standard test and ordered a western dish (hamburger) and an Indonesian dish (nasi  goreng). The hamburger was bland and over salty and the nasi goreng was also very bland despite our specific request to make it padas (spicy).  We tried again with the nasi goreng asking for padas at the level common in Indonesia. We also tried again with a fish dish (mahimahi) requesting the chef add additional spice. This time the nasi goreng included cayenne pepper (not Indonesian) and was not spicy. The fish was over cooked (tough), the veggies were salty and the attempt to add additional seasoning amounted to the provision of commercial sauce sambal. There were very few Indonesian or Balinese dishes on the menu which predominately caters for western, or british, pallets. We were very disappointed.

Service - was good and efficient except for one situation. We had forgotten some clothes at a previous hotel and needed help finding a solution to recover them. The desk staff were unable to help or to provide recommendations. We eventually rented a driver through outside sources to go to the old hotel and pick up the clothes. We were surprised this was not an option offered by the desk.

Price - we found the value for money low because we were expecting Bali as apposed  to a hotel from anywhere else in the world.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Awialusk
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Management response from BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina, Bali,
March, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent trip to our BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina, Bali

Kindly allow me to respond to your specific comments as follows :
After we read your SURPRISINGLY nearly totally POSITIV Review about our Hotel, we do NOT understand the title of your Review.
Absolutly not Bali (what have one to do with the other? A Hotel/Room with location?) :
But, it can be that you as a LOCAL GUEST from Jakarta (Capital town of Indonesia) expect some small, moistened smelling, mostly dark room's (because balinese trad. windows are very small) balinese traditionell styled (wood-stonecarved walls), with very small Bathrooms and not a lot of comfort (what we offer as well you saw and wrote here) - This is a sort of accommodation we do not like to provide anymore, because the complains will be more then now in our new Hotel-Resort ( our experiance with balinese styled Hotel before)
This was Bali 15 - 30 years ago. We made the experience with our relativly new Hotel Resort the last 3-5 years that Tourist of Bali slowly but for sure looking after bigger, cleaner and more modern styled accommodations, which we are perfectly provide (see most of our reviews honor it ) . The whole South of Bali Hotels are not anymore typical Balinese Style if you look around - we all go in direction BOUTIQUE Hotels, Why? Because international Guests who visit Bali simply asking for it - Its a new Market growing up.

But we also provide REAL BALI - when you look out of your huge balcony at our Hotel, what you will see, Bali all around, because we are located in the middle of ricefields and this is Bali pure, see the balinese Farmer working like all the centurys before. And all around Lovina Area you can enjoy the whole day balinese daily work in Kampung (village), see balinese Artwork how its made and a lot real Bali more......
In our Resort you can then lay back and enjoy paradise luxury in a huge, clean well equipped room/suite with lovely service, good Restaurant with good food,huge clean pool etc.....
Some Guests also need in Bali International TV and Internet access (which can be sometimes slower (we are still in the backyard of Bali, please dont forget), but normally it runs quick and complains shall be directed to Indonesian TELCOM which provide the access all over Indonesia.

To our Food: Maybe you as a Local Guest should look out for real local food restaurants, which Lovina have to offer a lot! We are a Restaurant which offers off course mostly western food, because our Guests are 99.5% foreigners from overseas and they really dont want to eat that much spicy (pedas) like you descript what is common for you but not for foreigners - and btw, nothing is overcooked our too salty if you ever eat in a good western couisine Restaurant, its depend on food taste which is very different between Locals and International Guests.
And on our Menu (see on our Webpage) you can find plenty of Indonesian/Asian food as well (Tom Yam soup, Chicken Teriyaki, Beef Rendang, Ayam Goreng, Satay, Mie Goreng etc.)

Service: Our Staff is very helpfull in any way - but by all do respect - we can not drive around Bali and collect what you left behind in other Hotels, that shall be understandable! Thank you!

So at the end , what more you can expect, a nice luxury Hote-Resort to chill out in middle of Ricefields in traditionell, natural Bali !

Thank you for having stayed with us.
Kind regards,

Email : management@baliparadisehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The hotel's name might be a cliche, but nothing else is. We were quite overwhelmed by this small, eight-bedroomed, privately owned and managed boutique hotel. It was head and shoulders above the other seven hotels we stayed at in Bali during our three week vacation this February.It is some 500 yards from the beach, just ten minutes from the Sea Breeze bar and restaurant at the centre of the small village of Lovina. The hotel is fringed by paddy fields, coconut palms and sea views.
There can be no better place to rest up, it is genuinely 5 star in every way. There are delightful, gracious staff, a good sized pretty swimming pool surrounded by mature gardens, a full size billiard and ping pong table, not least interesting artwork -- both canvases and crazy blown glass pieces. We paid slightly more for a superior room, worth it with a big balcony looking westward towards the setting sun. Plenty of room space, and such sparkling cleanliness you could eat your dinner off the floor. Finally there is skilled cooking of some lovely dishes at modest prices (have the seafood!). We delighted in all the facilities and didn't go out much. Get here before the crowds discover it, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Bali Paradise, your hotel was one of the highlights of our holiday.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a superior room with good views and lovely balconies.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dexter T
RAAL, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to post such a nice comment about our HOTEL-Resort on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit in February 2012 to BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina-Bali.

We are very delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and name us the best HOTEL you stayed on your 7 diffent places in Bali so far.

A big Thank You also from all our Staff and Kitchen-Chefs that you were satisfied with the services rendered and our Food.

It is very encouraging for us that you were fully satisfied with our hotel’s spacious Room, Restaurant (food), cleaness, huge balconys, our huge Swimmingpool, amenities, all extras etc.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina-Bali in the near future.

With kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a long review....
I have just returned from a 6 night/6 day stay at this wonderful hotel. Grabbed a fabulous deal, direct from the hotel's website, so I stayed in the Presidential Suite!
ROOM:
This suite itself is a very large room and consists of a King Bed, Lounge area, balcony overlooking the pool and has the biggest bathroom, I've ever encountered! (As mentioned by previous reviewers.) The entire suite has tiled floors, which keeps the room cool, along with airconditioning and a ceiling fan. No direct sunlight enters the room, also keeping the temperature at a comfortable level. The balcony is also large and has two outdoor lounge chairs, with a small table between them and outdoor setting as well. Conveniently, there is a power outlet next to the lounge chairs. Very quiet room, which is on the first floor and sits atop the entrance to the property and I never heard a thing! Double locking front door, which also has an interior slide lock, for added security and double glass sliding doors to the balcony, which also lock. Interior safe to secure your important goodies and you can select up to eight numbers as the code. Curtains darkened the room enough for me, but, the light does come in, in the mornings, so, don't expect total darkness during daylight hours. This didn't bother me.
ROOM AMENITIES:
Coffee/Tea making facilities, and the coffee supplied is satchets of Nescafe instant ready made, so, I didn't need milk or sugar adding to it. Tasted okay to me, but if you're a fussy coffee drinker, you might not like those! Large fridge (stocked with drinks & snacks at regular prices) but there is still room to add your own stuff, freezer with two trays of ice blocks (yay!). Two free 300 ml bottles of water supplied everyday. Large double wardrobe. Desk. Plants (a nice touch). Plenty of power points to recharge your gadgets (don't forget your adapter..the one with two round pins). Bathroom supplies - Small soap bars, small satchets of shampoo (Ladies...if you have long hair, like me, ask for more!) but no hair conditioner. Toothbrushes & toothpaste also supplied, a blessing in disguise, because, for the first time, I forgot mine!! Showercaps supplied too, which you might need. The huge shower room has two showers, which can be hand held, or attached to brackets in the wall. When left in the brackets, you can adjust left or right, but not up or down, so, stick a shower cap on if you don't want your hair to get wet! The water flow and temperature of the water was good. There is also a large separate bath in the main area of the bathroom. Bathrobes & towels supplied, clean and soft. (Whilst on the subject of towels/linens..I read one review that mentioned 'overpowering' smell of linens. Sorry, but that person must be super sensitive to any smells, because I noticed no such thing, other than pleasant smelling linen. Thought I better mention that!) Hairdryer supplied, adjustable settings, worked well. Two separate sinks, large bench area. Linen hamper. Toilet sort of separted from the rest of the bathroom, but does not have a door. Lockable main bathroom door. This bathroom was actually bigger than the size of the entire hotel room I had in Paris!
ROOM OVERALL:
This was a fabulous room! Very neat and clean, spacious, quiet, just lovely! Much too much, for one, but hey, I spent the little extra and it was well worth it!
OTHER HOTEL AMENITIES:
Free Wifi and two desktop computers, downstairs only. Wifi does not work in rooms, I'm guessing their router does not reach that far, but again, didn't bother me. Wifi works well otherwise. Started up quickly on smart phone and net book. Library, with comfortable seating & range of book. Large bar area, in lobby. Restaurant, which I ate at three times for dinner and the menu range was good and food very tasty! Tables alongside the pool too, for brekky and lunch, both of which also had good food, at reasonable prices. The "Beauty Spa" is an open area, on the upstairs balcony at the far end of the building, but I liked that it was outdoors and open. Highly recommend a massage...very relaxing. Security at front gates. The Pool..ah the pool..just wonderful! Large, clean, water always at the right temperature! Lots of lounge chairs, umbrellas over each two, pool towels supplied and small tables between chairs. Steps into pool, 1.5 metres depth, with separate, shallower area and spa at other end of pool. Umbrella near the shallow end, which provides shaded relief while swimming in the hot sun:) Twin Dolphin fountain near the middle, which can be switched on, or off, by staff.
Overall, this hotel is like a large, private Villa!
OTHER BITS:
When you leave the hotel, they prefer you leave your key at the desk.
Check the menu options for dinner, beforehand, because some things need ordering a day in advance, mainly fresh seafood options, which is understandable.
Advise them what time you'll be eating (approximately) so chef doesn't have to hang around all night, for nothing!
Bali coffee is very tasty!
The tap water is FINE! I drank it, made ice with it, brushed my teeth in it and live to tell the tale!
Tours, transfers, transport etc., can be arranged at the hotel.
And, if you're flight is going to be super delayed, as mine was, keep them informed, if you can. You may be horrified, reading the next bit, but we all had a chuckle.
My flight was delayed, so I did not arrive until 4 a.m. No-one was around and I had to kip on the library sofa, until 7.30 a.m.! I was a bit grumpy at first, only because I was tired and thirsty, but staff were VERY apologetic! There should have been someone on, to greet me and I never did quite work out where he actually got to, but hey, another tale to tell and will forever be remembered as the lady who slept on the couch (I'm famous!) :)
Remember, this is a small, 9 room, boutique hotel.
The staff are fantastic, I can't praise them enough. Small hotel, means small amount of staff and they might not come in a flash, when you want something, but they do respond quickly and efficiently.
They are all super nice and friendly and will do anything to assist you. They all spoke, or understood english and are very polite, well presented and a joy to be around, if you take the time to get to know something about them.

WEATHER, AREA, ETC:
It was the 'wet' season during my stay, but there was lovely sunshine, each day, up until the late afternoon, when it rained almost each day, for about 2 hours max., then fine again. Wet season, means humid, don't forget that!
It is an approximate 3 hour drive, from Denpasar, to Lovina.
Yes, the beach is very close, but because of the volcanic area Lovina & surrounds are, the sand is black/dark and so is the water, but you CAN still swim in it!
Easy walk to Lovina central. Bakery & mini markets nearby. Locals enroute, are all nice and will say hello. Safe to walk area after dark and the hotel will lend you a torch!
Highly recommend Dolphin Tour (I went twice!). You might not see hundreds of dolphins, but you will see dolphins and the long boat ride is very relaxing. Total time is approx. 2 hours & you do get picked up from the hotel.
Area Tour, I also recommend, if you want to see the other highlights of the Lovina/Singaraja areas.
Local restaurant and bars, plenty of them and most have 'western' food options, if you can't get into the local food! I frequented Zigiz bar, for Gin o'clock, (that's my version of cocktail hour!) each night.
This time of year, tourist wise, is very, very quiet. Near empty streets and shops/bars/restaurants, but no touters were overbearing, which was a nice change from crowded Kuta, in the 90's!

And so, in ending.....
I selected this hotel based on the prices, area, pictures and the reviews and I loved every minute of my stay. I was looking for a reasonably priced, peaceful, relaxing week away and I sure got it!
I've never been one to go back to the same country, again and again,(there's too many places still to visit!) but there comes a time, when you find somewhere so special, that you just know you will go back and this is that place for me. I will surely return here, most likely on a yearly basis and I'm already looking forward, to that next stay.
I highly recommend the Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, Lovina.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite - Large Spacious Quiet Overlooks most of the compound.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank peeweekathi
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post such a long, nice comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina-Bali.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay (in our Presidential Suite with an "All include Package" booking) and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff. It is very encouraging for us that you were also fully satisfied with our hotel’s spacious Suite/Room/Bathroom/Balcony, Restaurant (food), Bar, our huge Swimmingpool, amenities, all extras etc.

With kind regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Spent 4 days/3 nights here- 3 families with kids from 3y.o to 7 y.o and 1 single lady ( me) . On arrival, the concierge Pak Gede remembered my friend Jon and his family from last year's holiday. We felt like VIPs, being greeted by name. The hotel is immaculately kept- so clean. The pool is chlorinated every night. Consideration is given to guests who might like to sleep in ( the pool is only open from 9am to 7pm so no kids larking about in the early mornings( or adults larking at night!).
We spent most of the day by the pool and ate at the hotel's restaurant for 2 nights. The food is excellent ( try the curries! the seafood basket is also good). . WARNING - it's best to pre-order your dinner around 4pm and tell them what time you want it served. The first night, we ordered at 5.30 and didn't get our meal til over an hour later, and when you have kids, this could be a disaster.
There's a lot of rules at this hotel but they are a bit flexible in some instances which is nice.
The pool is great- the kids spent almost all day in it as did the adults ( or reading pool side).
The room we had faced the ocean, and was overlooking the pool.It was nice to have a med sized balcony to lounge around on. The bathroom with bath was huge. And they had a safe in the cupboard and a hairdryer in the bathroom( which get a extra star from me). The only downside is that if your neighbours are on their balcony, you can't help but hear their conversation or to see into other rooms.
The lounge room area downstairs was a good place to hang out in the evenings, reading from the small library provided or playing cards or board games (BYO), although you have to remember to spray for mosquitoes ( mosquito repellant spray thoughtfully provided in the rooms as well as personal bug repellant)
The hotel is walking distance to the beach but not a very nice section of it. So best to stay poolside.
The 2 'sour notes' are that the weekend staff ( who arrived Friday) seemed to be struggling with customer service - messed up our breakfast order ( got some wrong, and then charged the wrong price on check out). And that the extra bed we paid for in one of the rooms at US22 did not include breakfast ( had to pay US4 extra for that).
I would definitely stay here again, but mid week - Pak Gede and the staff during the week were faultless , very customer service oriented, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank SmartTraveller007
Setiawan, Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to our BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort in Lovina, Bali.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered.

To the 2 'sour notes' and some else, let me shortly explain as following:

1) The Service-Staff is every day the same the whole week: Pak Gede and 3 colleagues are every day in the Hotel (except day-off) and just switching the shift (morning shift or evening) - so there is no difference between daily Staff and/or weekend Staff !
2) Yes, we do have a few rules in our Resort because depends on that we are a Boutique Resort and not a Homestay place where you can bring food, beverages etc. from outside or bring your own coffemachine into our the Hotel. We provide our guests with a free complimentary Tea and Coffee Facilities with a very good Restaurant (which you liked) and 2 good stuffed Bar's - in the Lobby (nice Lounge Bar) and a poolside Bar. So, there is plenty of food (international and local) available from 7.30am to 10.30am (include free Room Service) as well plenty of cold Softdrinks, Beers, Intern. Cocktails and imported Spirits.
3) We apologize for the delay in serving your dinner - but you been a group with totaly 13 people and that can causes some delay's in making the food, because in our kitchen is everything FRESH made! In normal Restaurant-occupation food is always served between 20 and 35 minutes in our place.
4) Charge Extra Bed and Breakfast: You all booked not directly with us - you booked over WOTIF.com - and there is some leak with the room occupation policy and extra beds, but also written max.occupation and/or you have to pay attention to the Hotel policy (which your friend Jon know very well from prior staying in our Hotel!).

So,you booked 1 Grand Suite with 2 Rooms for max. 4 Adults and 2 Kids sharing existing bed with parents for FREE but a breakfast surcharge of USD 4 $. Then you also booked 1 SUPERIOR ROOM for max. 2 person and 1 Child sharing existing Bed with only Breakfast surcharge.
So in total you booked 2 accommondation's for max. 6 Adults and 3 Childs.

But you shown up with 7 Adults (!) and 4 Childs and 2 Infants (1) - In total instead of 9 person with 13 PERSONS. Thats quiet a lot by any respect.
So, therefore we only charged you an Extra Bed and surcharge for Breakfast - so there was nothing wrong with our charges.

As well you like it and write about our cleanness of Hotel/Rooms/Pool and overall well maintained Resort, lots of free amenities ( like daily free bottled Water, free WiFi, free daily tea and Coffee, lots of Toiletries, Hairdryer, Bathrobes etc.) good provided food for affordable prices for Resort like ours.

But, this all comes only with the rates we charge for accommondation and extras, otherwise we will not be able to provide future Guest with this well done service!

Also I would like to assure you that your comment has been brought to the attention of our Kitchen and Service, Restaurant Team, to further improve our dinner and breakfast service.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to our BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort in Lovina, Bali in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Bali Paradise hotel at Lovina. We were blown away by the luxurious foyer, rooms and pool. There are only 8 rooms, some overlooking the rice fields and mountains behind and some with views to the ocean about 300 metres away. The rooms were very spacious, very modern and upmarket, and kept very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the restuarant was reasonably priced and the foyer accomodated a library, internet, and billiard table. It was about a 10 - 15 minute walk along the beach and past the local village to the Lovina central, where there was a choice of restuarants and markets on the waterfront, all very well priced. A bemo ride back to the hotel at night only cost about 20,000 Rupiah (about US$2). It is a lovely quiet location and well priced. Bruce & Lyn

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bruce - Lyn M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Our 6 night stay at this hotel recently was at least equal to the best all round experience we have had in Bali during numerous visits.

We booked the presidential suite and were impressed with the size of the room with views to the mountains through one window and to rice paddies and the ocean beyond the balcony. The shower area, where an entire room is devoted to 2 showers in addition to a separate bathroom is something to be experienced.

The room was very clean, bed comfortable and the hotel located in a quiet part of Lovina. The walk down the laneway back to the main part of Lovina takes about 10-15 mins but is a pleasant walk past friendly local and expatriate residents.

The food is of good quality and quite reasonably priced, particularly considering it is net of the usual ++ taxes that apply generally in Indonesia. The restaurant menu is adequate without being outstanding.

Room facilities were very good, with cable tv with many channels, large refrigerator and reliable in room safe.

The service by our 2 lovely girls in the morning was exceptional and to the night staff boys who helped me with my Balinese, it was a pleasure.

We have no hesitation recommending this 6 room hotel for travellers who are lookng for a quiet area, large rooms, reasonable prices and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WayneMarion
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed two nights as a family of four at Bali Paradise Hotel. What we keep from our stay there is a kind of mixed feelings:
On the one hand, we were pleased by the first impressions we had from the place which looked nice, new, very clean (floors shinning, …), by the nice swimming pool, by the view and the proximity of the sea and by the room itself (large, clean, well-prepared (flowers on the bed) etc.) all of which announced a very pleasant stay. We thought the relatively high price for the night was well justified.
One the other hand, some minor aspects quickly started to disappoint us. First, we were recalled several times (during the first day!) to pay the bill which we eventually did the following day, but this annoyed us... On top of this, they use an excessively high exchange rate to convert the room price from USD to Indonesian Ruppiah, which we tried to lower without success…Second, we found some little droppings under the fridge of the room (mice?) but here the management responded quite positively to our request and installed a home-made bed for our kids so that they would not sleep on the floor. Third, after a warm welcome, the manager seemed to kind of ignore us the following day which we thought was not very professional (was this because of the mice story?)… And above all we thought that although quite friendly, the staff lacked a bit of genuine sincerity in their relationships with the customers which generally is the case in Bali.
All in all, we have nothing to strongly complain about our stay at Bali Paradise Hotel, but undoubtedly we left the place with no strong feeling of satisfaction and willingness to go back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Setiawan, General Manager at Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Management response from BALI PARADISE HOTEL, Lovina, Bali,
AUG, 2011

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important as we carefully analyze all of our guest comments to evaluate the performance of each department. I regret that overall the hotel did not meet your expectations and that you were "a bit disappointed" in our resort. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kindly allow me to respond to your specific comments as follows :

Payment: Payment has to be done by Check-In (only room-rates, consuming food, drinks etc. can be payed by Check-Out)) like in any Hotel in the world comment.
After all, the reason why we also do this way is that we had in the past several times problems with our CreditCard facilitie - no connection to Bank facilitie, what is very comment in Bali - so, Guest complained by Check-Out why the cant pay by CC and have to move to ATM and take cash. To avoid those problems, we charge by Check-In because if line is not available we can do it anytime later during Guest stay without bothering them. (90% of Guest pay by CreditCard!) - we are sure you heard this story from Frontdesk-Staff, so you been infoirmed. If you say you want pay later by Cash so for sure no problem, but obviously you did not!

For the room rate we ask we dont think is high in case what our Guest get for it, f. example, a huge room (up to 79qm) what is not very comment in Bali or anywhere else in the world, we have a lot of Bathroom amenties for free, every day 2 bottle fresh Water (Aqua) for free, real international Satelitte TV in each room (to choose your own programm) and a brillant Breakfast up to a MINI-Fillet Steak in the morning. So, we do not guess our Room Rates are to high, they are only sharply calculated by beginning of each year and by a Ruiah Exchange Rate of 1 USD= Rp. 9000 (for 2011) / and this is NOT excessively high exchange rate - sorry, currently Rupiah is by 8650 - we cant change the rate daily by Bank Rate Exchange because the Rupiah is pending a lot up and down and we cant follow those, what most of the Hotels are not doing in Bali. This might be understanable, or not?

Management:
Sorry that I did not pay daily close attention to you, but in High Season when Hotel is permanently FULLY BOOKED I am very busy and have to attend a lot of different work that your stay with us is in anyway pleasant - There is a lot to do for me, but when you need my help (what you did not obviously) I m always available until late night. And you can be sure, have nothing to do with a "mice-story" like you meant.

"Mice-Story"
Our Hotel is in the middle of Ricefields and there is always a possibility that mices running around - but for sure not in the Hotel area, we keep them out as good we can - but we cant bend the nature in his natural behaviour. And I can assure you, some little droppings under the fridge (Mini-Bar) in your room come ONLY from the little Geckos which everywhere in Bali (indoor and outdoor). We clean as good as possibly like you saw and wrote about it (shining floors) - but those little animals also very quick to put there droppings anywhere and everywhere. Sorry for that, cant do nothing against it!

Staff:
I guess our Staff is very well trained and pay a lot of attention to our Guests, but sometimes even they are overworked what comes with daily busy time in High-Season - Sorry, if there was something wrong in serving you. And it has nothing to do with some sort of sincerity - its only that we Balinese take life in a different, slower, smiley, uncomplicated way.
At least we are very happy that you had nothing strongly to complain about during your stay at our Bali Paradise Hotel like you also wrote.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you maybe back to our BALI PARADISE HOTEL Boutique Resort,Lovina, Bali.

Kind regards,