Summary - if you are looking for an escape from the heat, smells, textures, flavors and art of Bali this place is perfect. If you want to stay somewhere that reflects Bali this place will be very disappointing.
Grounds - eight room hotel, done in a colonial style, reasonably sized manicured grounds. The hotel is located down a small side street and situated amoungst the rice paddy which makes for a lovely peaceful view. The main drawback for us was that the was nothing in this hotel that hints that it's located in Bali and it felt very much as if it was structured and run to 'protect/shelter' people from the texture, beauty and warmth of Bali. The security at the front gate, which is generally closed, felt unnecessarily strong and further removed the grounds and guests from the surrounding village.
Rooms - they are spacious and very clean. The bathrooms are huge and provide all the extras you could possibly need if you forgot your wet kit. Hot water was plentiful and the pressure was strong. The air conditioner was appropriately sized for the room and very quiet. The large balcony overlooking the pool was georgous and supplied with day beds and a chair and table set. We ate dinner on the balcony one night listening to the frogs and the atmosphere was lovely. As with the grounds the rooms are western in appointment and contain little that hints at Bali.
Facilities - large clean pool suitable for lap swimming with two dolphin water fountains which felt very western. There are lots of lounge chairs near the pool and all come with umbrellas. There is a bar near the front desk that you could find in any Best Western Hotel throughout the United States. They advertise that there is wifi available but it worked poorly in the rooms and was very slow everywhere else in the hotel however they did have two free desktops in the lounge area with good Internet which was nice. There is a spa available.
There is a restaurant on site. We ran our standard test and ordered a western dish (hamburger) and an Indonesian dish (nasi goreng). The hamburger was bland and over salty and the nasi goreng was also very bland despite our specific request to make it padas (spicy). We tried again with the nasi goreng asking for padas at the level common in Indonesia. We also tried again with a fish dish (mahimahi) requesting the chef add additional spice. This time the nasi goreng included cayenne pepper (not Indonesian) and was not spicy. The fish was over cooked (tough), the veggies were salty and the attempt to add additional seasoning amounted to the provision of commercial sauce sambal. There were very few Indonesian or Balinese dishes on the menu which predominately caters for western, or british, pallets. We were very disappointed.
Service - was good and efficient except for one situation. We had forgotten some clothes at a previous hotel and needed help finding a solution to recover them. The desk staff were unable to help or to provide recommendations. We eventually rented a driver through outside sources to go to the old hotel and pick up the clothes. We were surprised this was not an option offered by the desk.
Price - we found the value for money low because we were expecting Bali as apposed to a hotel from anywhere else in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leave your day to day stress behind and be pampered by our staff at the Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort & Spa, Beauty and Massage. Arrive at your beautifully appointed and spacious room overlooking mountain and ricefields down to the ocean. Large pool with Pool Bar, 3 restaurant areas, poolside and ocean view seating, 2 Bars (Lobby and Pool bar), trad. Balinese MASSAGE, Library, regulation Pool Table, Ping Pong Table, Entertainment, SAT-TV (Indovision or YES-TV, individual to choose by yourself in any room - 99, or 35 intern. Digital channels like CNN, BBC, FOXsport, CineMax, FOXmovie, NGC etc.), Any room with in-room safe, complimentay AQUA Water bottles (daily), Complimentary Tea and Coffee Facilities, Phone and Mini-Bar, Daily Tours, Golf, Watersports and much more. Situated in the middle of a rice field with nearly no neighbors, it is quiet and relaxing. From your balcony you can watch the day to day life of Balinese rice farmers. This is the real Bali a lot of people never get to see. Our spacious bedroom balconies are situated in such a way that you get rice field, mountain and ocean views from each one with amazing sunsets to view! This view is both breathtaking and unique to this hotel. FREE Wi-Fi access all over in the Hotel and in any Room ! PRICE-Range: between $ 50 - $ 200 / Check out over our HOTEL-Webpage Last Minute Bookings and our HOT DEALS and/or Packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Kalibukbuk
- Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort Lovina Beach