“Good pub food”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Crostwick
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We tried this place whilst having a short break in Cromer. It was recommended by a friend of my brother in law and as it was his birthday it was his choice.

The place is quite small and when we arrived around 7pm there were quite a few of the tables inside that were reserved. However, we did find a table for the three of us which was fine.

The menu is extensive and there is also the specials board. We had prawns in filo pastry to start with a sweet chilli dip. These were lovely, my brother in law had baked goats cheese which he also enjoyed. My main course was Cromer crab salad which was lovely. My wife ordered a chicken dinner however, they had run out of chicken (or under ordered) so she had a steak dinner instead which she enjoyed. The roast potatoes were apparently lovely as we're the rest of the vegetables. My brother in law had a mixed grill. He said he enjoyed it but the sausages were over cooked and the gammon was too salty.

I think this was a good find and we would certainly return next time we are in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was recommended to this restaurant with good food and service and they were not wrong.
Never found a restaurant with such an extensive selection which caters for all choices and diets.
It was so good we ate there for both nights of our stay in the area.
Could not believe the size of the portions which is dished up to you, in my mind the most fussy of can find something they like on the menu, the staff work very hard to make sure the service is what you would expect.
While letting my very large meal go down I counted that there was 31 sweets on offer.
The only thing I would express is that it is worth booking as this is a very busy restaurant but if you just turn up the staff will rally around to find you a table.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband & I popped in for a meal after seeing the roadside board advertising "meals served all day " we were not dissappointed . I have never seen such a full menu anywhere else they even cater for celiacs . I had chicken chips & salad my hubby had sausage bacon & onion pie, chips & vegatables both meals were absolutley delicious . It was a lovely day so we were able to sit outside under the arbor it was just so nice & relaxed we ended up sitting & chatting longer than we had thought (approx 3hrs ) We will definitely be returning to try out some of the other delights on the menu its such a nice relaxed place they don't rush you or pester you asking if everything is ok as other places do, normally just as you have a mouth full of food . prices are reasonable, worth a visit

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Reasonably priced. Easy to get to. Nearly always a table available. Not the Savoy but I've never been let down yet.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

On looking at the menu and the specials board, you think "Oh no too much!" My uncle had battered skate, I had sole and my wife had an excellent Cromer Crab. The beer (Old Speckled Hen) was one of the best pints that I have had for ages. Good pub grub.