“Wish we lived nearby!”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Staying at HPB apartments nearby and visited twice for food as a family of five. The first time the food was lovely. Obviously all home made, fabulous value for money and a really warm welcome from staff & owners (even with a tearful toddler with us!). We enjoyed it so much we made a point of going back and were delighted to find they were holding a 'Chinese night' where you could eat in or have a takeaway. The food was again fabulous, the beer cold, the welcome warm and the price unbeatable.
The whole family agreed we wished we lived nearer as this would definitely be our new local!!

1  Thank Button38
Bell I, Owner at The Bell Inn Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are all pleased you enjoyed your visits to us and look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks, Steve

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a meal at the Bell on Saturday evening with my family (a table of 10 )
All staff were friendly and gave a excellent service
Food was lovely and will definitely return

1  Thank kelkel88
Bell I, Owner at The Bell Inn Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure to look after you all and I am delighted you all enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Met up with people staying at HPB for a weekday meal out---not expecting anything special. Really enjoyed our food, good value, friendly service in a busy family-run pub. Would eat out more frequently during the week, if there were more places like this. Deserves to succeed. Shame it's too far for us to visit regularly.

1  Thank Chris W
Bell I, Owner at The Bell Inn Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you anjoyed your meal and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area. Steve

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I attended the pub quiz evening with some friends recently. We all enjoyed the generous portions of home cooked food and the real ales on offer, and will certainly be back for more.

Great value for money too.

The owners were really friendly to talk to, which rounded off a very pleasant evening.

Bell I, Owner at The Bell Inn Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your review I am pleased you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a crowded, busy little pub and the menu is what you would expect for a non-gastro pub, but they cook it very well, are generous, and serve you well too.

Bell I, Owner at The Bell Inn Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for your reveiw.
I am pleased you liked our pub and hope to see you again.
Thanks