“Fantastic !! Cant wait to go back again !”
Review of Barnham Broom

Barnham Broom
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnham Broom
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

First time we have stayed at Barnham Broom and we were very pleased all round .. Rooms lovely, bed so comfortable ! Spotlessly clean and lovely and quiet !!! all staff we met were very pleasant and chatty and helpful .. Food was amazing and such good value for money .. having stayed in numerous hotels .. this one has been my favourite by far as couldn't fault any part of our stay .. Thank you Barnham Broom x

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jules0975
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It was lovely to hear that you had a fantastic stay at Barnham Broom and we are very grateful for your glowing praise. We truly value the opinions of our customers.

Thank you ones again and we shall look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room 50, 1 night, January 7th.

Check in seemed fine, I was directed to room 50 which is across the open courtyard. Walking to my room, in a gale, I thought that this could be a pleasant walk - in summer! Indeed, walking back to reception on the morning of the 7th in torrential rain, meant I had to get wet - no, lets call that soaked. Needs a roof covering, or at least hotel umbrellas at each end on days like this?

Room 50 seemed nice. Great bed, huge quality TV, tea and coffee facilities, nice décor, very good temperature controls.

I went to the pool, had a steam (very efficient steam room, not huge though and may take 4 at the most)
Swimming - OK ish, smallish pool, partly roped off for (I guess, kiddies swimming club) so not that easy if you are expecting a) a relaxing time or b) a pounding up and down the swimming lanes.

Steak burger for dinner in the lounge - seemed very good.

When I checked in, I was asked if I wanted a wake-up call, and I replied 0 7 30 am please.
It never came, and I overslept.
That put me under a great deal of pressure in the morning - no time for anything, a gobbled breakfast (which could have been good, I just had too little time to really enjoy anything)

So I departed from the hotel, soaked to the skin and stressed. Is that how it is supposed to be?

I have raised the issue of the lack of wake up call twice - at reception and via E mail, and have yet to get any response.

So in summary, I felt that it could be very nice - but you have to make sure that the basic operations are in place!

Room Tip: Take your own wake-up clock
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was lovely to read that you found your room to be of a high standard. I am however concerned to read your comment regarding no umbrellas being available to get across the court yard. We do have umbrellas available around the Hotel and i sincerely apologise that this service was not offered to you.

Regarding your wake up call, the system seems to be working when we investigated but we sincerely apologise to you and your wife that on this occasion the system did not work. I would like to reassure you that this is not the experience we want for any of our guests to have. We take great care to ensure that matters such as this are properly looked into and dealt with immediately.

We are very grateful for your feedback and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fantastic stay! Decided to come back again after only two months! Polite, professional, helpful staff. Comfortable rooms,cosy beds. Great setting! Perfect. Thank you to all the staff we will be back! Ps I am hard to please so this is a real accolade to this lovely hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

On behalf of all the staff at Barnham Broom we would like to say thank you for your glowing review after recently staying with us. It was lovely to read that you came back to stay after just staying a couple of months ago. It really does give us confidence that we are achieving the level of service and quality that we strive for everyday. I have passed on your kind words to all the staff at Barnham Broom who really appreciate you taking the time to write of your experience.

Thank you ones again and we shall look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just spent a couple of days R and R here before returning to work next week. Cannot fault this hotel in any way. Our standard room was excellent and every single member of staff we met were exceptionally polite and friendly. Breakfast was lovely - just far too big helpings for us! We ate both nights in the Sports Bar and the food was very good. The atmosphere is just so peaceful and we will be returning again very soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was lovely to read that you were so impressed with all of our facilties. We always try to ensure that all guests receive the highest level of comfort and hospitality while staying with us.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we shall look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I stayed at Barnham Broom over Christmas and had a very nice time. The bedrooms were very comfortable, and on the whole the food was very good and the staff very friendly and willing to please. The hotel was decorated very nicely and the leisure facilities were all open and available throughout the Xmas period including the 2 golf courses. Compared to the rest of the hotel, the Swimming Pool and Spa area is now looking a little tired and in need of upgrading but it certainly didn't put us off using it.

My only minor critiscm was that the restaurant staff struggled a bit when it got very busy at peak meal times (particularly Xmas day). Whilst I wouldn't want to critiscise the staff in any way as they really were very pleasant and tried their best (especially the breakfast staff and Amy), they did seem to lack any visible supervisory support. If there was someone in charge of the restaurant it certainly wasn't obvious during service until they suddenly appeared at the end of the meal when we had to sign the wine bill!

However, all in all a really nice Christmas break and I have to say, great value for money - we would go back and thanks to everyone for looking after us

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Barnham Broom. I am very pleased to read your lovely comments regarding your Christmas Break with us. We always appreciate our guest’s positive comments and feedback so we can be assured that we are still working and maintaining the excellent service we strive for here at Barham Broom.

Your feedback is much appreciated so thank you and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was very good we stayed in the family suite for two nights which was lovely and clean and plenty of room. At the party the staff where excellent and the food was outstanding disco and pipers made an enjoyable night. All the staff where excellent and very friendly through out our stay. Food in the sports bar was very good. Enjoyed the swimming and steam and sauna and table tennis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave so a lovely review. We have read your comments and we really appreciate that you took the time to write them. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your New Years stay and all all the staff represented the hotel well. It is great to see such wonderful feedback.

Thank you ones again and we shall look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Returned from two night stay in between Xmas and New Years eve and while the room was fine the restaurant, sports bar and food in general including the service was totally unacceptable.
The first night we booked a table in the brasserie, waiting 45 minutes for the mixed sharing platter to arrive, which when it eventually arrived was missing 3 elements ! Im not sure how this is even possible. The couple that were seated next to us then got up and left saying it was a joke and we also heard another 3 couples complaining about waiting times and poor food. After another long wait the main courses arrived, luke warm.
The breakfast the next day same problem, cold.
Lunch we decided to try the sports bar, tables full of used cutlery everywhere, had to sit at a dirty table,waited 15 minutes to be served and when the burger and chips eventually arrived it was again cold. By this point I had totally lost faith in the competency of the chefs and staff, some of which stated that they had been "caught out this year " and went hungry.
That evening we decided we would eat else where.
Not the experience I was expecting and was deeply disappointing.
I have never had to go hungry at a hotel because of the standard of food and service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick H
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Many thanks for the feedback regarding your recent break at the Barnham Broom.

I was disappointed to learn of your experience with all the points you have raised and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your guest. I would like to reassure you that this is not the experience we would want for any of our guests to have. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated and it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to measure our successes and areas for improvement.

You have my personal reassurance that your comments have been shared with the relevant departments. Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is our highest priority and I am very sorry that you did not experience the level of service and attention that our guests have come to expect. We pride ourselves on the great reputation that Barnham Broom has gained over the years for its great customer service and high standards.

I would be most gratful if you could contact me personally so i can discuss your experience further on 01603 759393 or emailing sjones@barnham - broom. co.uk.

Your feedback is much appreciated

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnham Broom
#1 of 7 in Cromer
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coltishall

Been to Barnham Broom? Share your experiences!