We have just returned from a much needed break away at Barnham Broom Hotel, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who needs some down time.The hotel is in the most beautiful setting. My husband was very impressed with the look of both courses, although didn't play as we were only away for one night.
The staff are friendly, polite yet unintrusive.The staff on reception in particular were very helpful.
The room was gorgeous,the decor sumptuous, we stayed in a junior suite and to be honest I could have stayed there for the entire 24 hours it was so roomy.
On arrival we were served afternoon tea, which despite deciding we couldn't possibly finish all the sandwiches, and delicious cakes and scones that were brought to us, somehow managed to without too much trouble at all?
Dinner in the evening was beautifully served and once again delicious, the Brasserie has only recently been reopened and has been refurbished to a very high standard, we ate in the early evening and were lucky enough to have the stunning vista of the golf course to look out onto whilst being served dinner.
The sports bar was lively as the American Open was on, but the lounge bar was also open if you were in need of a little peace and quiet.
Breakfast again was wonderful and the choice was excellent, I did wonder at the size of the full english whether having had one there was a strong possibility of not playing to your handicap out on the course for the front 9, but hey what do I know, it looked delicious.
Two hours spent reading the papers out on the sun terrace with coffee finished our "time out" perfectly, and for me, the not wanting to leave said it all.
Thanks to all the staff, and we will be back, to sample the spa and the golf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk, UK