1,015 results
All reviewssports bargolf courseafternoon teajunior suitepro shopgolf breakspa hotelswimming poolcourse mealleisure facilitiesround of golfgolf clubsauna and steam roomdressing gownsgreat golfstandard roomrelaxing break
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great hotel! I have stayed twice on business and will be staying again at the end of May. I stayed in a standard room which was georgeous! Bathrobes,slippers, Cafetiere in the room with fresh coffee, a night light in the toilet so your not blinded at night and molton brown toiletries! The rooms are really lovely and a great retreat to relax in after a hard days work.

• Stayed: February 2013
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I was extremely pleased to read your comments and delighted to see that you had such a lovely stay at Barnham Broom Hotel. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality has always been our passion. Its great to see such positive reviews from our guests.

Thank you again and we will look forward to seeing you in May.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our golf society stayed here for 3 nights and had 3 rounds of golf, one on the Hill course and 2 on the Valley course. I really enjoyed the Valley course, just a shame my golfing ability didn't do it justice.

As for the hotel:

The rooms were adequate.

The service in the 'Sports Bar' at times was poor. 3 bar staff couldn't see the one customer! Coffee was ordered at one end of the bar and it was put at the other for collection rather than take to the customer! Glass collection only seemed to happen when the tables were full. All of this could easily be rectified with a bit of training.

The late bar: The only improvement I would make is get a glass collector / washer so the barman could do what he is good at - Serving and making the customers feel welcome.

Now for the food:

Breakfasts were good once they were ordered and arrived. First morning it took half an hour just to order the cooked breakfast. Tea ordered, coffee arrived. Tables were not cleared until the end of service. One couple arrived a little late and were shown to a dirty table!

The Evening Meals gradually got worse over our stay. Firstly we had to order on a form before we went out for golf.

Night 1: All 8 of us mis-read the menu. We assumed some vegetables would accompany our main courses. A couple of cabbage leaves and a smear of puree to with my chicken wasn't sufficient.
Night 2: We ordered some side dishes. I asked for some chips with my duck breast and peas. These chips did not arrive as they did not see it on the form.
Night 3 = nightmare. We all ordered the 'steak burger' What arrived was one of the worst meals I have ever had in a restaurant. I am still trying to understand how they could get the 'burger' so tasteless and dry! None of us could finish them and one of our party eats everything and I mean everything. I had left the restaurant and was back in the bar when someone asked to see the chef. When his messenger returned he said that is how 'Michelin Star' restaurants serve their steak burgers.

On the whole there is a lot of potential, a lot of fine tuning to be done and get a chef who knows what he talking about,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jimmead68
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we sincerely apologise that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion.

I was dissapointed to learn of your experience that you received whilst you were in the Sports Bar and would like to reassure you that this is not the kind of experience we want for any of our guests to have. Providing our guests with the highest standard and service is what we strive for. As a result of our investigation i can assure you that training has already been actioned.

Our New Brasserie Menu offers a variety of flavours to accomodate all different tastes. We introduced this menu on the Monday 22nd April and have had numerous positive feedback. I am aware that the Restaurant Manager was available to assist you and your guests and offered alternatives to your burgers which was declined.

I would really appreciate it if you could contact me personally by emailing sjones@barnham-broom.co.uk

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a QUIET weekend break so I made a point of phoning ahead and asking specifically for a quiet room. I was assured this would be the case and so I booked by phone rather than risk LateRooms (cheaper but less control over choice of room)
Hotel very pleasant and sweet staff. Rather oppressive brown corridors made you feel vaguely hobbity but clean and well furnished. Evening meal delicious and first night lovely.
Woken at 720am by the baby in the next room. Not ideal but we were getting up early anyhow so we were stoic about it.
However after a strenuous day shopping we returned on Saturday afternoon to discover the baby next door and its father were having a fabulous game of "let's see who can squeal loudest" which was very annoying and disruptive to our peace. After an hour of this my partner became very annoyed and we asked reception if we could change rooms for some peace.
The manager was trying to be helpful and offered us a room with no children nearby, but the quality of soundproofing had put us off and we decided to cut short our weekend and return home.
If I had not made a point of requesting quiet I would have perhaps been less upset. Bad room design when a refurbishment would have made improving the insulation easy to achieve. Won't stay again. Pity.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Ginny T
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear that you had to cut your Holiday short and can only apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion. We take great care to ensure that important matters such as this are properly looked into and we truly value the opinions of our customers.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed for a week in the adjoining lodges and can't comment on the hotel rooms but the staff in the hotel reception were very polite and professional when we did venture into the building. We had full use of all the golf and spa facilities and the staff explained about everything extremely well and were always available to answer any questions. The only downside was how cold it was between the pool and changing area, which we all commented on, but apart from that it was all good.
We played golf on both courses and they were in good condition. The Valley is a good test with the Hill being a little easier.
We felt that the food was a little over priced in the restaurant and sports bar and you can in our opinion get better quality at a more reasonable price elsewhere quite local. The one advantage for the sports bar was we were able to watch the Utd/City match whilst dining.
All said we would visit again

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Property Bond at the Barnham Broom. I have passed on your kind comments to our Reception team.

I was concerned to read your comments regarding how cold it was from the swimming pool to the changing rooms and this is something we are currently looking into. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we can only apologise for any inconvenienced caused.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well what can I say, I had a fantastic time in this hotel. The facilities were excellent, we went swimming 2/3 times a day and most of the time it was so quiet. The room was gorgeous, I've never stayed in a room so nice for this kind of price. The staff are brilliant, smiley and welcoming and nothing is too much to ask.
We particularly liked the sports bar for lunch, lovely views and yummy food.
My only quibble was the wifi did not work or it was very very slow which was unfortunate as I didn't have much mobile service in the hotel.
It is way out in the sticks which is fine if you are planning on staying there all day (which you could) but we drove around for ages looking for somewhere to eat one evening and ended up going to wroxham which was lovely but a bit of a drive. Plan your itinery in advance for ease, we are the type of people that like to drive and find individual pubs but there is not much around so research first.

Overall I really really can't wait to go back- we actually only booked for 2 nights but I couldn't help but pay for another night we loved it so much. Don't hesitate, just go!

• Stayed: April 2013

I was extremely pleased to here that you had a lovely stay at Barnham Broom Hotel. It is very important for us that our guests experience are shared. I can only apologise for you not being able to get onto the Wi -Fi, another installation for our Wi - Fi has been put in place.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments and we would love to see you again very soon.