“Great hotel shame about the soundproofing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barnham Broom

Barnham Broom
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnham Broom
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great hotel shame about the soundproofing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a QUIET weekend break so I made a point of phoning ahead and asking specifically for a quiet room. I was assured this would be the case and so I booked by phone rather than risk LateRooms (cheaper but less control over choice of room)
Hotel very pleasant and sweet staff. Rather oppressive brown corridors made you feel vaguely hobbity but clean and well furnished. Evening meal delicious and first night lovely.
Woken at 720am by the baby in the next room. Not ideal but we were getting up early anyhow so we were stoic about it.
However after a strenuous day shopping we returned on Saturday afternoon to discover the baby next door and its father were having a fabulous game of "let's see who can squeal loudest" which was very annoying and disruptive to our peace. After an hour of this my partner became very annoyed and we asked reception if we could change rooms for some peace.
The manager was trying to be helpful and offered us a room with no children nearby, but the quality of soundproofing had put us off and we decided to cut short our weekend and return home.
If I had not made a point of requesting quiet I would have perhaps been less upset. Bad room design when a refurbishment would have made improving the insulation easy to achieve. Won't stay again. Pity.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ginny T
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear that you had to cut your Holiday short and can only apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion. We take great care to ensure that important matters such as this are properly looked into and we truly value the opinions of our customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
East Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in the adjoining lodges and can't comment on the hotel rooms but the staff in the hotel reception were very polite and professional when we did venture into the building. We had full use of all the golf and spa facilities and the staff explained about everything extremely well and were always available to answer any questions. The only downside was how cold it was between the pool and changing area, which we all commented on, but apart from that it was all good.
We played golf on both courses and they were in good condition. The Valley is a good test with the Hill being a little easier.
We felt that the food was a little over priced in the restaurant and sports bar and you can in our opinion get better quality at a more reasonable price elsewhere quite local. The one advantage for the sports bar was we were able to watch the Utd/City match whilst dining.
All said we would visit again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for choosing to stay at the Holiday Property Bond at the Barnham Broom. I have passed on your kind comments to our Reception team.

I was concerned to read your comments regarding how cold it was from the swimming pool to the changing rooms and this is something we are currently looking into. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we can only apologise for any inconvenienced caused.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well what can I say, I had a fantastic time in this hotel. The facilities were excellent, we went swimming 2/3 times a day and most of the time it was so quiet. The room was gorgeous, I've never stayed in a room so nice for this kind of price. The staff are brilliant, smiley and welcoming and nothing is too much to ask.
We particularly liked the sports bar for lunch, lovely views and yummy food.
My only quibble was the wifi did not work or it was very very slow which was unfortunate as I didn't have much mobile service in the hotel.
It is way out in the sticks which is fine if you are planning on staying there all day (which you could) but we drove around for ages looking for somewhere to eat one evening and ended up going to wroxham which was lovely but a bit of a drive. Plan your itinery in advance for ease, we are the type of people that like to drive and find individual pubs but there is not much around so research first.

Overall I really really can't wait to go back- we actually only booked for 2 nights but I couldn't help but pay for another night we loved it so much. Don't hesitate, just go!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was extremely pleased to here that you had a lovely stay at Barnham Broom Hotel. It is very important for us that our guests experience are shared. I can only apologise for you not being able to get onto the Wi -Fi, another installation for our Wi - Fi has been put in place.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments and we would love to see you again very soon.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved this place, a beautiful location and I had a great stay. I was not there for the golf just an overnight stay to access surrounding countryside. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming, my room room was lovely and even though I was there by myself there was two of everything. The bed was dressed beautifully, TV amazing. The welcome tray was of extremely good quality with a lovely tea and coffee pot and ground coffee. The toiletries were a well-known high end brand.
I ate in the bar and although the atmosphere was not brilliant I enjoyed my food immensely and felt comfortable.
I swam in the evening and before breakfast and it was lovely with the snow pouring outside.
Breakfast was served and was of a good quality and there was a choice of cooked options.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WendyH263
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear WendyH263,

Thank you for kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Barnham Broom and that you found our rooms especially inviting. I will pass on your comments to our reception team who will be thrilled to hear that you found their service to be pleasant. We hope to welcome you back to Barnham Broom again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went to the BB Hotel to spend our Easter Break away from our busy London-based lifestyles. We had returned to the hotel after an initial stay visiting friends near Norwich 2 months ago. Our room was a luxury double-bedroom suite, well equipped with all the mod-cons and level of style/luxury you'd expect from this type of hotel property.
Our favourite feature was the huge super-king bed. Second best came the brand-new 3D samsung flat screen which they had wall-mounted on a high-tech swivel bracket.
Price was reasonable. The hotel restaurant served us an excellent dinner with wine for just under GBP 70. The food was delightful. Service good, attentive, if somewhat slow ... however we weren't in a hurry.
The hotel boasts large grounds and a golf course. We do not play so cannot comment on its quality.
The only negative to think of was that our room had a very flimsy divider door to the adjacent room and the guests in the other room were very noisy. On our first stay however we had a very quiet room. Our recommendation would be to ask for a room in the new wing rather than the main building.
Overall, a great experience. Would return again for weekend break.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevenage, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of 12 of us stayed on a short golfing/relaxation break over Easter 2013, the hotel was great but, we sat for nearly an hour and a half waiting for drinks and to be asked how we would like our steaks cooked in the restaurant. They lost our drinks order twice and eventually we got our main courses and drinks after two hours. The manager was very apologetic and made a nice gesture by removing the drinks from our bill, he did promise that the following evening the service would be better but, we were that upset we decided to eat elswhere.

The hotel itself is very very nice, the rooms were lovely and the golf courses were excellent. It is such a shame that the bad service ruined what could have been a very enjoyable break. Even in the recetly opened sports bar it took 10 mins to get served when there was nobody else at the bar. The staff seemed to be more interested in emptying the dishwasher or going to collect glasses rather than serve drinks.

In summary we had a nice weekend away but, it could have been so much better with just a little effort from the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel facilities and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time on our golf courses. However, I must express my sincere apologies for the service that you experienced in our restaurant. We pride ourselves on our service and to hear that we did not meet this standard on your visit is extremely disappointing to us. To prevent this from happening in the future, we have put in place further training procedures for all of our service team. I appreciate the reasons why you decided not to dine with us on your second evening with us, but I do hope that you will try our restaurant again in the near future so that we can demonstrate what a good service we provide.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnham Broom
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Barnham Broom? Share your experiences!