We wanted a QUIET weekend break so I made a point of phoning ahead and asking specifically for a quiet room. I was assured this would be the case and so I booked by phone rather than risk LateRooms (cheaper but less control over choice of room)
Hotel very pleasant and sweet staff. Rather oppressive brown corridors made you feel vaguely hobbity but clean and well furnished. Evening meal delicious and first night lovely.
Woken at 720am by the baby in the next room. Not ideal but we were getting up early anyhow so we were stoic about it.
However after a strenuous day shopping we returned on Saturday afternoon to discover the baby next door and its father were having a fabulous game of "let's see who can squeal loudest" which was very annoying and disruptive to our peace. After an hour of this my partner became very annoyed and we asked reception if we could change rooms for some peace.
The manager was trying to be helpful and offered us a room with no children nearby, but the quality of soundproofing had put us off and we decided to cut short our weekend and return home.
If I had not made a point of requesting quiet I would have perhaps been less upset. Bad room design when a refurbishment would have made improving the insulation easy to achieve. Won't stay again. Pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk, UK