Just booked a room for husband and myself and our 11-year-old son. According to website a Superior Double, at a cost of £95.00, would be suitable. A Junior Suite, costing £115.00, would not be suitable as the website quite clearly tells you that these rooms will not accommodate three people. It also quite clearly states, in its terms and conditions, that children under 16 are accommodated free of charge. (It does state on the room reservation page that it's children under 14, but we'll let that one go for now.)
However, on ringing the hotel to book over the phone, we were told that a Superior Double was NOT big enough and that the only room that was big enough was the more expensive Junior Suite. We were also told that there would be a £15.00 charge for the hire of a z-bed and bedding for my son to sleep on. Hire of z-beds is NOT mentioned anywhere that I can see on the website and I'm not sure how his accommodation can be called 'free of charge' when we have to pay £15.00 for a bed to be provided!
On pointing all this out the receptionist very polite and apologetic and said that the website was wrong and that she would tell the people who manage the website.
Not really impressed. Website is first port of call for many people looking to book. It's an advert for the hotel and this one is wrong in several places. Will have to wait and see how the stay turns out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk, UK